Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2013, 11:03 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,341,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
its better then to live a lie....

me? living a lie? who's the one that posts allegations about anyone and never come up with proofs of such? you say that all your antique people have no chinese ancestry to them and yet you have never come up with proofs. who's a big liar now like his aunt?

Old 05-16-2013, 11:05 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,982,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
and an Ilocano, Kapampangan, or Bicol, can't hold a conversation with a Tagalog using their own language. What's your point? They're different languages, but very closely related. They're closer to Kinaraya than to any Taiwanese Aborigine languages, except maybe Yami. If your people remained isolated then they'd be speaking some proto form of Austronesian because they came staight from the source of Austronesians, Southern China. But instead, they speak a Malayo-Polynesian language in the Philippine branch
what is this malayao-polynesian mumbo jumbo crap....I dont classify our languages under European terms...sorry

Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 PM

3,636 posts, read 10,697,631 times
Quote:
what is this malayao-polynesian mumbo jumbo crap....I dont classify our languages under European terms...sorry
Linguists terms. You know, people who study languages for a living. You used the term 'Austronesian' Well if you knew anything about Austronesians then you'd know that Malayo-Polynesian is a subset. Dont use terms you dont know about

Old 05-16-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Linguists terms. You know, people who study languages for a living. You used the term 'Austronesian' Well if you knew anything about Austronesians then you'd know that Malayo-Polynesian is a subset. Dont use terms you dont know about

just goes to show that the OP just makes allegations with nary a research hehehe. and boy, are you so patient with someone who doesnt deserve it.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:

mumbo jumbo? really? if you're really a linguist like smtchll is, you wouldnt show such ignorance about languages. at least try to do some research before even trying to appear smarta**

Old 05-16-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
mumbo jumbo? really? if you're really a linguist like smtchll is, you wouldnt show such ignorance about languages. at least try to do some research before even trying to appear smarta**
lol, I'm not a linguist, I've just take several courses in linguistics. I'm just using the terms that linguists use.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
lol, I'm not a linguists, I've just take several courses in linguistics. I'm just using the terms that linguists use.

still, you have more expertise on such over someone who is a known troll who doesnt even bother to do any research or present actual proofs of his allegations.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:34 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,982,367 times
Quote:
ok then go speak Kinaraya to your relatives in China. I'm sure they'll get the gist of what you're saying
maybe those who speak a sino-austronesian language may understand a little bit
Sino-Austronesian languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-16-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
This is proposed language family, connecting Sino-Tibetan, Austronesian, Tai–Kadai. All it's doing is taking a step back from Taiwan and looking at Southern China. If Kinirayas came from Southern China 1,000 years ago then they should speak a similar language to Tai-Kadai because those are supposedly the languages that were left on the Mainland when other Southern Chinese moved to Taiwan and became Austronesians. I'm sure you Karayas and Thais can have lengthy conversations...

Old 05-16-2013, 11:41 PM

Quote:

if you despise western classification and mentality, then why do you keep quoting wikipedia as proofs? why not prove it yourself by doing what smtchll asked of you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia