U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 01:01 PM

2,189 posts, read 4,715,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post

Hi Gluc,
I'm doing fine now though i've had some health issues recently. You can just call me JL ()...I think you should just move to Vietnam since you really love the country and people...maybe find a multinational company that you can work for in Vietnam. I don't miss it like you do to be honest...vacation is fine, but i wouldn't want to live there anymore.
Anh oi, that would be a dream come true!

Old 05-26-2013, 09:17 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,003,799 times
Other than the cheesy intro music, no similarity whatsoever. The first sounds very obviously like a dialect of Chinese. To my ears, Chinese and Vietnamese are very distinct.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:41 AM

6 posts, read 31,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
I have some experience with Vietnamese. I can tell it's not Vietnamese, because some of the pronunciation of some of the things. But if I didn't have any experience, it would probably kind of sound the same to me.

Em cung hoc Viet. Em yeu Viet Nam va nguoi Viet. Viet Nam dep. Em nho Viet Nam nhieu lam.
Chao JL. Xin loi, anh ten la gi? Khoe khong anh ?
Extractly:

Em cũng học Việt, Em yêu Việt Nam và người Việt. Việt Nam đẹp. Em nhớ Việt Nam nhiều lắm.

Chào JL. Xin lỗi, anh tên là ǵ? Khỏe không anh ?

Translate:

I'm learning Vietnamese, I love Vietamese and vietnamese people, a beautiful country. I miss Vietnam so much.

Hi JL, what's your name? How are you?

Sorry i speak English not well, my main language is Vietnamese

Old 05-31-2013, 12:15 AM

1,953 posts, read 5,206,374 times
no it doesnt sound like Vietnamese

I notice that "Goofy the Walt Disney character" tone too, I know a Chinese from Malaysia that has that same tone in his voice, it's really noticable when they speak English, I keep hearing a Duuhh sound in his pronuciation

Old 05-31-2013, 01:37 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,384,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
no it doesnt sound like Vietnamese

I notice that "Goofy the Walt Disney character" tone too, I know a Chinese from Malaysia that has that same tone in his voice, it's really noticable when they speak English, I keep hearing a Duuhh sound in his pronuciation
I'm glad someone else notices it, to me it's bleeding obvious.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:34 PM
JL

7,352 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Trimac,
Many think Cantonese and Vietnamese sound similar, but it doesn't to me...does it you? This song is sung by the same artist in both languages.

Vietnamese vs Cantonese - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia