U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 03:56 PM

10,424 posts, read 12,419,193 times

Advertisements

I don't think i will visit these Indian states in my life...

Gujarat
Madhya Pradesh
Chhattisgarh
Odisha
Jharkhand
Bihar
West Bengal
Sikkim
Arunachal Pradesh
Assam
Meghalaya
Nagaland
Manipur
Tripura
Mizoram

Which state(s) do you think shouldn't be on my list?

Old 05-31-2013, 08:57 PM

472 posts, read 480,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Assam
Meghalaya
Nagaland
Manipur
Tripura
Mizoram

I'm partial to Assam ... I was born there I love the bamboo forests, the endless green, the gentle, friendly nature of the people. Plus a lot more. Manipur has Shillong which is a gorgeous city. I wasn't able to travel much through NE India, since it was a restricted area back then (60's and 70's).

Old 06-01-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97701 View Post
I'm partial to Assam ... I was born there I love the bamboo forests, the endless green, the gentle, friendly nature of the people. Plus a lot more. Manipur has Shillong which is a gorgeous city. I wasn't able to travel much through NE India, since it was a restricted area back then (60's and 70's).
Yeah it's not that i'm not interested in Assam's culture, it's just that India is big and the world even bigger.

It doesn't help that Non-Indians need a Protected Area Permit to visit Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Mizoram...

-Tourists have to travel in groups of at least 4
-They have to travel with a registered travel agent
-In some areas only certain entry/exit points are allowed. In certain areas non-Indians cannot enter at all
-Citizens of Pakistan, Bangladesh, China and Myanmar can get the PAP only with approval of the Ministry of Home Affairs

Normally the PAP has a duration of 10 days, with the option of extending for another 7 days. The PAP is issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs. However, the different authorities of the concerned Indian provinces can also issue the PAP, and also the Indian missions abroad. Normally the travel agent will take care of getting the PAP for the tourists

Old 06-02-2013, 07:41 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,384,878 times
Quote:

Gujarat
Madhya Pradesh
Chhattisgarh
Odisha
Jharkhand
Bihar
West Bengal
Sikkim
Arunachal Pradesh
Assam
Meghalaya
Nagaland
Manipur
Tripura
Mizoram

Honestly, I would at least check out every state in India if given the chance. Gujarat has plenty of cultural attractions, as does Madhya Pradesh (the Sanchi Stupa, the oldest extant building in India, being one). You don't want to check out the natural beauty of eastern India, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland.etc?

Old 06-02-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Honestly, I would at least check out every state in India if given the chance. Gujarat has plenty of cultural attractions, as does Madhya Pradesh (the Sanchi Stupa, the oldest extant building in India, being one). You don't want to check out the natural beauty of eastern India, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland.etc?
I try to avoid the most polluted places, where many people live on the streets, bathing in the same river.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:50 AM

6,066 posts, read 10,846,014 times
Quote:

Gujarat
Madhya Pradesh
Chhattisgarh
Odisha
Jharkhand
Bihar
West Bengal
Sikkim
Arunachal Pradesh
Assam
Meghalaya
Nagaland
Manipur
Tripura
Mizoram
These are all of the regions of India I would visit, and are being worthwhile to experience, being noticeably varied from the opposite list:

Kerela
Tamil Nadu
Karnataka
Goa
Maharashtra
Uttar Pradesh
Uttarakhand
Himachal Pradesh
Punjab
Gujarat
Jammu Kashmir
Rajasthan

The rule of thumb for the country of India is most of the Eastern regions near Bangladesh is not nearly as good for visitors and living in compared to the regions of India in the North, Northwest, West, and South. I agree with most places on the opposite list for regions not to visit, with the exception of Gujarat, and maybe Madhya Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh.

You probably agree with most of my list for all of the Indian regions for visiting.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
These are all of the regions of India I would visit, and are being worthwhile to experience, being noticeably varied from the opposite list:

Kerela
Tamil Nadu
Karnataka
Goa
Maharashtra
Uttar Pradesh
Uttarakhand
Himachal Pradesh
Punjab
Gujarat
Jammu Kashmir
Rajasthan

I agree with most places on the opposite list for regions not to visit, with the exception of Gujarat, and maybe Madhya Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh.

You probably agree with most of my list for all of the Indian regions for visiting.
Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh are in the top 5 every year of Indian states with worst pollution.
Check Bhopal disaster, people getting born with 1 eye and 3 arms, no i would not feel comfortable in those places.

Madhya Pradesh has the lowest life expectancy (61.0) of all Indian states.
Only 24.8% of the people in Madhya Pradesh own a home and the literacy rate is only 70.6%.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:49 PM

You have to pay me good money if you want to see me in India, in the area North of Mumbai-Hyderabad-Visakhapatnam and South of Jaipur-Kanpur.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:01 PM

6,066 posts, read 10,846,014 times
Quote:
Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh are in the top 5 every year of Indian states with worst pollution.
Check Bhopal disaster, people getting born with 1 eye and 3 arms, no i would not feel comfortable in those places.

Madhya Pradesh has the lowest life expectancy (61.0) of all Indian states.
Only 24.8% of the people in Madhya Pradesh own a home and the literacy rate is only 70.6%.
Quote:
You have to pay me good money if you want to see me in India, in the area North of Mumbai-Hyderabad-Visakhapatnam and South of Jaipur-Kanpur.
Quote:
Yeah after doing more research on those countries i found out there are decent (not overpolluted) regions left.
I never had negative views of the land of China, only the government.
Are you having ambivalence/mixed opinions for India all of a sudden? You said you changed your opinions for India, but now are starting to show the same view again for India.

I rather focus on good news information for India, so I am not going to check the info. for too much bad news. This would be surprising if Gujarat has pollution. Maybe its only some areas of Gujarat and only for part of the year because most of Gujarat is developed, a wealth of historic temples sites too. Well, I changed my opinion for Madhya Pradesh, even though I never actually included it in the regions of India to visit list.

You probably at least agree with most of my list for regions of India for visiting:

Kerela
Tamil Nadu
Karnataka
Goa
Maharashtra
Uttar Pradesh
Uttarakhand
Himachal Pradesh
Punjab
Jammu Kashmir
Rajasthan

Old 06-03-2013, 12:07 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,384,878 times
Quote:
I try to avoid the most polluted places, where many people live on the streets, bathing in the same river.
The eastern part of India east of Bangladesh is probably the least polluted part of India.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or