U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 10:11 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,887,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
If you want to believe the Chinese are as a whole more prone to such acts than anyone else go ahead. One really weird thing I saw in China was babies and young children wearing pants with no bottoms, apparently so they can just defecate anywhere so maybe there is something to it. As for adults though ive heard about it happening in India more. Im sure the same happens in the slums of Manila too. Sometimes people just don't have access to a toilet.
I agree that babies wear pjs or baby trousers without bottoms ( there's a big hole where private parts are shown ). It is weird and funny because the babies aren't wearing nappies either so parents carry them exposing their private parts and just imagine when the baby pees or poos, goes straight to the Mother's arms or buggy because there is no cover and no bottoms too.
From what I noticed, Parents and Grand Parents let their toddlers pee in public even if the toilettes are just near.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 06-09-2013 at 10:29 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,937,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I agree that babies wear pjs or baby trousers without bottoms ( there's a big hole where private parts are shown ). It is weird and funny because the babies aren't wearing nappies either so parents carry them exposing their private parts and just imagine when the baby pees or poos, goes straight to the Mother's arms or buggy because there is no cover and no bottoms too.
From what I noticed, Parents and Grand Parents let their toddlers pee in public even if the toilettes are just near.
It's a bit of a fad with some parents in the US, too.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:41 AM

14,800 posts, read 17,821,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
We get it, you love talking about the U.S.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:43 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,887,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
That parents let their kids pee in public ? Do they let their kids pee in indoors too ?

Old 06-10-2013, 09:55 PM

9,717 posts, read 15,982,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
That parents let their kids pee in public ? Do they let their kids pee in indoors too ?

Oh, yes I've known parents who simply let thier kids run around in the house naked, poop and pee all over the floor. Usually they are renters, anyways, and have no long-term plans to stay there. Then they whine to some free legal aid they didn't get their deposit back!

We own/rent property, and would sooner rent to people with a dog than untrained children!

Old 07-31-2013, 08:47 AM

33 posts, read 49,297 times
Historically pooping and peeing in the streets was normal for most of Europe's history, so there shouldn't be anything strange about people doing it today in developing countries. As you can see here or better still here a quick search on Google finds other examples today of similar behavior and there are many European cities where people readily accept that young ones need to attend to an urgent call of nature on the sidewalk or street so it doesn't necessarily indicate that one culture is uncouth when in fact at the end of the day it merely ensures that the young one in question is comfortable and healthy. This is actually a sign of a caring society however you may wish to question why then if it is so caring do businesses in the area not offer to let the moms into their bathrooms to allow the young ones or old ones for that matter to do their business?

Old 08-02-2013, 10:53 AM

2,704 posts, read 4,700,019 times
There is a bigger problem in China than in many other areas. Their government is not doing these educational campaigns to get their people to learn to be better when abroad just to be sure they have a clean image, it is because there is a massive problem with all of those things that are considered very dirty or low class by people in most other countries and by even many who are younger or more educated within China. My wife is from mainland China and the first time we went back there she had to warn me of all the uncouth things I would see, even she knew that there was a lot that Chinese are known for doing that most others do not do. So the government is truly trying to make a major change in the habits of its people with these campaigns.

The craziest stuff I saw was on our most recent trip to China in December 2011. We were in Beijing to catch a connecting flight to Guangzhou, but there was heavy fog so most of the flights were cancelled. So we went down to the ticket counter to get in line to try to re-book on a flight the next day. In any other place you'd have agitated passengers for sure, but they would stand in line orderly, talk amongst themselves, maybe grumbling about the situation but that's about it. It was weather, after all, causing the cancellations.
But there? Hoards of people were pressed up against the ticket counter in a big mass- no lines at all. They were yelling at the ticket agents, and if the agent was talking to one person someone else would slap him on the arm to get his attention instead. It was pure absolutely low class chaos, and it was the norm- security was not called, the ticket agent did not look as if he thought this was crazy at all- it was another night at work for him. This went on all evening, people were even climbing back behind the counter standing behind the ticket agent sticking tickets or itineraries around in his face while he was already trying to help someone else. The yelling went on and on- my wife and I tried to get into a line, and each time we made it up to the counter someone would cut in front of us, with absolutely no regard for us, no acknowledgement that we were even there. Finally we got so sick of it after a couple hours that we stood our ground and would physically block others from cutting in front of us, but instead of getting the hint they just pushed harder until they did get in front of us- and this was even happening when we were actually at the counter talking to the ticket agent! The others got in front of us, and took over, and the agent then just focused on them and we were stuck having to wait yet again.

According to my wife this is the common way that people act over there in situations like this, even she refers to it as extremely uncivilized compared to how people act in this situation pretty much anywhere else.

Old Today, 05:53 PM

163 posts, read 11,795 times
Understand the case mentioned.
I see Taiwanese and westerners' bad behaviours in Asia too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or