U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 01:46 PM

5,102 posts, read 8,085,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
I went to the Thai embassy in London with passport, cash (50) and photos, and got double entry tourist visa (60 days each entry) no probs - they didn't ask to see any air tickets.

anyway, I'll let you know what happens, cheers
So you're going to be there for a total of around 180 days?

Just curious, but how long has it been since you were last in Thailand? If it's been a really long time ago, you can expect to see a lot of changes in how the city looks. Even if the "old days" was just a few years ago, it's still undergoing changes and getting bigger all the time. The most common bird in Bangkok is the crane.

Hope you have a really great time while you're there. Cheers to you also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 01:51 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,137,728 times
last went there around 4 years ago

Old 06-14-2013, 02:23 PM

5,102 posts, read 8,085,437 times
Quote:
last went there around 4 years ago
That's not so long ago. Just like yesterday.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:52 AM

2,189 posts, read 4,724,799 times
Quote:
I'm from the UK, so British passport holder, and although I'm in UK right now I will be using my one way Bangkok with Air Asia - and it's the Air Asia desk at check in that I'm concerned about.

I could really do without the run around of having to buy an extra one way ticket out of TL, as my next flight from there will be to somewhere in Europe.

so more specifically, has anyone flied to Bangkok recently on Air Asia and did they check for onward/return tickets at check in?
I've had a couple of visas for Asia. Rule of thumb...they just do it to rip you off and get money out of you. Nobody cares.
Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar etc. It's all the same. I think it's kind of funny that you take this seriously.
It's not like you're from there and need a visa for the U.K., E.U. or U.S. And I'm pretty sure that nobody will check if you have a return flight.

Btw, you could always make a short trip to Singapore or Malaysia.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:19 AM

329 posts, read 399,744 times
no. they don't care at thai Imigration. if they ask any question, say you go down to Malaysia by bus after your visa...

normally they should have asked return ticket before you got your visa. now you got it... go to Thailand to relax... and don't rent jetski.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:31 AM

2,935 posts, read 4,776,704 times
done it a million times, never had a problem. never been asked about onward flight.

i have heard of ppl having problems, but only from flights originating in the UK. i guess the airline ppl are major douches in that country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia