Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,086,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
In Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, etc. You absolutely MUST learn SPanish or Portuguese. To be able to dance is another huge one. Not as important, but a big plus as well. It's also very very rare for them to go on the internet looking for forieng husbands. So, a white Anglo would have to do a lot more work (language skills and travel) just to even come in contact with them. Than they have to go through the whole courting process on top of that.

Whereas Filipinas, they generally speak English. They generally spend enormous amounts of time on the internet looking for foreigners to, ideally, marry. It seems to be within Filipino culture somehow, to get out of the Philippines, and look for security or money or jobs or husbands from somewhere else. If you visit an internet cafe in the Philippines, it'll be filled with girls chatting on yahoo messenger with dozens of foreign guys at a time. Consistently. They also tend to create accounts for every dating website that exists.
Those are girls who are a bit desperate to find a boyfriend or husband. Although some might want to get out of the Philippines, but I think the ones who are looking for white husbands are mostly the ones who are having difficulty getting suitors in the Philippines.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:41 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times
Higher English language acquisition, large amount of exposure to Americans due to large Fil-Am population and military bases, and large economic discrepancy

Old 06-18-2013, 10:28 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
Another thing I've heard is that in the Philippines even though the guy is expected to help out the girl's family, it doesn't take so much to satisfy them, unlike an Isaan Thai family that will bleed you dry. It seems to me that Brazil, Argentina and Mexico would be more like Thailand in that respect.
Not like that at all.

Argentina would be like dating a girl from Italy. They aren't going to bleed you dry. You'll just have to handsome and attractive enough to even attract an Argentine girl.

Brazilians. It's almost like the United States. You have professionals everywhere, and you have uneducated ones everywhere. The odd thing about going overseas with a differnt culture, is that educated men have no clue they are dating and proposing to a much lower class than they'd find acceptable in the U.S. But, even if they were low educated, they wouldn't be like an Isaan Thai family. There just isn't the millions of foreigners that descend on poverty-stricken areas of Brazil, like they do on Thailand.

Mexico. That's actually a very conservative culture. Mexican women aren't like Isaan Thai women at all. If so, you'd already have a million plus mixed marriages in Mexico already.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:33 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,608,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Not like that at all.

Argentina would be like dating a girl from Italy. They aren't going to bleed you dry. You'll just have to handsome and attractive enough to even attract an Argentine girl.

Brazilians. It's almost like the United States. You have professionals everywhere, and you have uneducated ones everywhere. The odd thing about going overseas with a differnt culture, is that educated men have no clue they are dating and proposing to a much lower class than they'd find acceptable in the U.S. But, even if they were low educated, they wouldn't be like an Isaan Thai family. There just isn't the millions of foreigners that descend on poverty-stricken areas of Brazil, like they do on Thailand.

Mexico. That's actually a very conservative culture. Mexican women aren't like Isaan Thai women at all. If so, you'd already have a million plus mixed marriages in Mexico already.
I actually just meant that it would end up costing the guy more, because Argentina and Brazil have fairly advanced economies, and I've heard women from there are high maintenence.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:06 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
Maybe Latin/South American women aren't so easy to tame...

Old 06-18-2013, 11:37 PM

318 posts, read 624,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
wonder why they dont go to Mexico or South America to find a wife? it's a lot closer and they have some hot women down there, like Brazil, Argentina, others?
Filipinas and Brazilian/Argentinians/Mexicans are not on the same level.

You need to travel pal...

The average joe from the U.S. would find it very difficult to marry most South American attractive women, well, maybe if he looks like brad pitt or the Aussie from Thor.

Just google image search : "Mujeres Argentinas"

Victorias secrets recruits its models from Brazil...

South American women do feel attracted to attractive European males from Europe. Specially Mediterranean men.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:57 PM..

Old 06-20-2013, 08:46 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,578,016 times
Amazons.

Good god.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:24 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,111,534 times
as far as I know I have 2 white American uncles. As far as I know they fell in love to my 2 aunties, one met her in the US and the other one met her in the Middle East as they were station there and she was working there too & they've been married for more than 20 yrs & never settled in the US. My auntie wants to stay in the Philippines so right now she and her husband, & son lives in the Philippines & not in the US. I guess another stereotype. I have uncle who is mixed Chinese/Black from Trinidad & Tobago (Married for 39yrs) , & American Black (Married for 31yrs), & Greek (Married for 24yrs), they are all happily married still. I have cousins who also married to non-Filipino like Korean, Japanese, Mexican, & Cuban & they all met them in the US. People wanted to settled with someone because they like each other. My cousins who are both from male/female met their husbands/wives not on the internet. Those who are looking for partners on the internet are desperate. I guess you should ask those guys who settled why?

One of my uncle who is a US citizen married a Filipina from Southern Philippines, they started as Penpal. I don't know he wants to marry a Filipina who was raised in the Philippines and not in the US where he lives for so many year. So I stand as a proxy during his marriage on behalf of my grandparents who couldn't make it on their wedding day & that was 2000 and still married to her.

Last edited by pinai; 06-20-2013 at 11:00 AM..

Old 07-29-2013, 11:14 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
Naturally smooth legs that don't require shaving. Let's be honest, that's hot as hell
I've seen Asian women with some pretty hairy legs, Indonesians, Chinese, Filipinos...the whole leg-shaving trend didn't catch on there as early.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:15 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
Because Filipino women are not Hispanic. They are Asian. Also the Phils are still poorer than Latin America, and Caucasians are more looked up to in Asia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia