U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-22-2014, 01:40 PM
 
6,722 posts, read 6,597,578 times
Reputation: 2386

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastardised View Post
I just find it unlikely for mostly only males who move and not the women. Like there were many corresponding C and D women in the first place because that's where they moved, lol.
Both moved, but they did not reproduce at the same rate.
Conquered males have a disadvantage, but conquered females not so much.

 
Old 03-31-2014, 06:47 PM
 
318 posts, read 487,262 times
Reputation: 184
What I notice about Uyghurs is that on average they have less Chinky looking eyes than Han Chinese. Uyghurs have bigger eyes. Genetically how much of the White man's blood is in them ?
 
Old 04-11-2014, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 33,946,555 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
What I notice about Uyghurs is that on average they have less Chinky looking eyes than Han Chinese. Uyghurs have bigger eyes. Genetically how much of the White man's blood is in them ?
"Chinky?"

23andme says that Uighurs tend to be pretty close to 50/50 Asian and European.
 
Old 04-11-2014, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Malang, Indonesia
72 posts, read 120,919 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Rusev View Post
What I notice about Uyghurs is that on average they have less Chinky looking eyes than Han Chinese. Uyghurs have bigger eyes. Genetically how much of the White man's blood is in them ?
Caucasoid isn't same with White.
 
Old 04-11-2014, 05:00 PM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,228,213 times
Reputation: 2833
The Mongoloids they mixed with had particularly small eyes so many still have those eyes.
 
Old 12-26-2015, 12:34 AM
 
5 posts, read 2,692 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
In terms of Y-DNA, most Han Chinese belong to the O haplogroup (especially O3), and most Finnish belong to N. N and O are closely related and diverged only about 20,000 years ago,.
Interestingly, a lot of Mongols belong to C, and quite some Japanese belong to D (but many belong to O too). These two groups are very distant from NO.

What is even more interesting is most Europeans belong to haplogroup R, which is also closely related NO.
In short, British are more closely related to Han Chinese than to Arabs. Han Chinese are more closely related to Germans than to Mongols, if we consider Y-DNA only.
Yes, if you only talked about Y Chromosome. An mtDNA of Northern Chinese and Southern Chinese are quite different even though their DNA aren't that complicated than African and Subcontinent Indian. A typicall Southern Chinese mtDNA belongs to mtDNA Hg R and it's subclade: B and F, and a Northern Chinese, Japan and Korea are belongs to mtDNA Hg M and it's subclade: CZ, C, Z, D and G. Even though a Southern Chinese and Southeast Asians Y Hg O*-M175, descendant of Y Hg K2*-M526 / MNOPS and mtDNA Hg B and F, descendant of mtDNA Hg R and N, typical a Western Eurasian Maternal Haplogroups, they're not a "Caucasoid Race". But a Southern Chinese and a Southeast Asians are more connected to them rather than a Mongolian, Tungusic and another people who brough a Y Hg C and D + mtDNA Hg M*. An Old East Asians.
 
Old 12-26-2015, 12:39 AM
 
5 posts, read 2,692 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
In terms of Y-DNA, most Han Chinese belong to the O haplogroup (especially O3), and most Finnish belong to N. N and O are closely related and diverged only about 20,000 years ago,.
Interestingly, a lot of Mongols belong to C, and quite some Japanese belong to D (but many belong to O too). These two groups are very distant from NO.

What is even more interesting is most Europeans belong to haplogroup R, which is also closely related NO.
In short, British are more closely related to Han Chinese than to Arabs. Han Chinese are more closely related to Germans than to Mongols, if we consider Y-DNA only.
Yes, if you only talked about Y Chromosome. An mtDNA of Northern Chinese and Southern Chinese are quite different even though their DNA aren't that complicated than African and Subcontinent Indian. A typicall Southern Chinese mtDNA belongs to mtDNA Hg R and it's subclade: B and F, and a Northern Chinese, Japan and Korea are belongs to mtDNA Hg M and it's subclade: CZ, C, Z, D and G. Even though a Southern Chinese and Southeast Asians Y Hg O*-M175, descendant of Y Hg K2*-M526 / MNOPS and mtDNA Hg B and F, descendant of mtDNA Hg R and N, typical a Western Eurasian Maternal Haplogroups, they're not a "Caucasoid Race". But a Southern Chinese and a Southeast Asians are more connected to them rather than a Mongolian, Tungusic and another people who brough a Y Hg C and D + mtDNA Hg M*. An Old East Asians.
 
Old 12-26-2015, 12:48 AM
 
5 posts, read 2,692 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Europeans and East Asians look very different now, probably largely due to different maternal lineages.

When type O males entered East Asia, they "married" local women, the so-called proto-Asiatics. These women were probably corresponding to C and D males.

When N and R males entered Europe, they "married" local women as well. These women may have been corresponding to I, J males.

Anyway, East Asians (including Siberians) and Europeans can both handle cold winters well.
Please talking about their mtDNA and Autosomal Regional DNA, not just their Y Chromosome.
 
Old 12-27-2015, 02:15 AM
 
5 posts, read 2,692 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Europeans and East Asians look very different now, probably largely due to different maternal lineages.

When type O males entered East Asia, they "married" local women, the so-called proto-Asiatics. These women were probably corresponding to C and D males.

When N and R males entered Europe, they "married" local women as well. These women may have been corresponding to I, J males.

Anyway, East Asians (including Siberians) and Europeans can both handle cold winters well.
Even though a Y Chromosome and mtDNA didn't responsible to the Human Physical Appearance, but a few people suggest when an mtDNA Haplogroup are more representative "Human Ethnic Group" because a women are less mobile / move to another place rather than men.
 
Old 12-27-2015, 10:11 AM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
14,724 posts, read 10,613,501 times
Reputation: 19896
Not sure why this old thread was revived but the starting post contained pictures that had to be removed due to copyright rules. Please start a new thread if you want to discuss this topic HOWEVER.... Please read the Asia forum guidelines carefully first, paying particular attention to the parts about discussing appearances and genetics.

THREAD CLOSED
__________________
When I post in bold red that is moderator action and, per the TOS, can only be discussed through Direct Message.Moderator - Arkansas & subforums, Asia, Kentucky & subforums, Military Life, and P&OC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top