U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:31 PM
pdw

1,473 posts, read 1,962,487 times

Advertisements

The PRC is the world's worst abuser of human rights and suffers from some of the worst wealth disparity in the world as well. A good case can be made for it being one of the world's least developed countries. 62% of its population lives on less than 4 USD a day. Over 170 million of its people live on less than 1.25 USD a day. The small minority drown in wealth whilst the rest of the country suffers from extreme poverty. Not all of China is like this, but mainland China certainly is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 09:48 PM

6,722 posts, read 6,599,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
The PRC is the world's worst abuser of human rights and suffers from some of the worst wealth disparity in the world as well. A good case can be made for it being one of the world's least developed countries. 62% of its population lives on less than 4 USD a day. Over 170 million of its people live on less than 1.25 USD a day. The small minority drown in wealth whilst the rest of the country suffers from extreme poverty. Not all of China is like this, but mainland China certainly is.
You are damaged by anti-China propaganda.
Your data is from 2008, and China has a 10% growth rate per year.
Plus, China has almost the same Gini coefficient as the US.

Wealth disparity is much less severe in China than in many other developing countries.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:04 PM
pdw

I'm not saying it's not bad in the US, but when you have 5 times the population, and less GDP than the United States, it makes a difference. I suppose human rights abuses aren't relevant in your mind, either?

Old 07-26-2013, 10:09 PM

6,722 posts, read 6,599,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
I'm not saying it's not bad in the US, but when you have 5 times the population, and less GDP than the United States, it makes a difference. I suppose human rights abuses aren't relevant in your mind, either?
Definitely China is not the US. What's the matter?

Do you know the US has much more prisoners than China and India combined? Talking about human rights...
Which country slaughtered native Americans, enslaved Africans, persecuted Asians, and are still killing Muslims in other countries?

Old 07-26-2013, 10:42 PM
pdw

I'm not defending those horrific acts. The USA and all countries who partake in human rights abuses need to repay the damage they caused. It's still a long road ahead, unfortunately, but ultimately I have hope that we are moving towards a more peaceful world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or