U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 11:04 AM

163 posts, read 203,558 times

Advertisements

Tell me how do you block out the noise? I sat in numerous cafes with filipinas and there were 2 - 3 women and it was the loudest racket I ever did hear. How do you put up with this in the home? Especially in HK or Singapore where the apartments and homes are tiny? Thanks.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:02 PM

25,059 posts, read 23,172,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRooter View Post
Tell me how do you block out the noise? I sat in numerous cafes with filipinas and there were 2 - 3 women and it was the loudest racket I ever did hear. How do you put up with this in the home? Especially in HK or Singapore where the apartments and homes are tiny? Thanks.
Well, I have a few suggestions since I'm from Puerto Rico (we're very loud, too). One, is the most obvious, you don't have to be in the Philippines if this is such a bother to you. Two, if you're at home and you hear a lot of noise throughout the night, wear earplugs. They work magical wonders. Three, get used to it and tune them out. That's the thing about life in the tropics. You either love it, or you don't.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:12 PM

12,591 posts, read 15,058,526 times
Don't marry one.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:16 PM

1,207 posts, read 2,021,284 times
Quote:
Give their friends a Karaoke machine and tell them to go their friends . I'm filipino btw

Old 07-19-2013, 08:34 AM

2,384 posts, read 5,850,272 times
Quiet people are boring!

Filipinos are lively, happy people... That's what foreign husbands love about Filipinos !

Old 07-19-2013, 09:55 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,164,246 times
Quote:
Don't pro-create and have kids. If you can't stand adults talking to teach other, you'll definitely struggle having to someday deal with your own kids all day, if you ever have any.

How do people deal with it? They just do.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Don't pro-create and have kids. If you can't stand adults talking to teach other, you'll definitely struggle having to someday deal with your own kids all day, if you ever have any.

How do people deal with it? They just do.
I agree !

Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 AM

163 posts, read 203,558 times
But how do you put up with the noise?

It was screeching.

Who has a fetish for this? They weren't all that pretty either.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 PM

15,945 posts, read 36,164,246 times
Quote:
But how do you put up with the noise?

It was screeching.

Who has a fetish for this? They weren't all that pretty either.
Well, the Filipinas you see in HK are uneducated maids. They have the least education, and if they had any looks to them at all, they'd be working in bars making ten times the money. The old unattractive uneducated ones just clean houses as live-in maids for a few hundred dollars a month. That's all they make.

If you went around all the U.S. Wal-Marts and collected up the most uneducated and least attractive women in the U.S. and scattered them around the parks of Hong Kong, I don't think it would be a pretty picture either.

But, you are seeing a very specific demographic there, and not an accurate overall representation.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Well, the Filipinas you see in HK are uneducated maids. They have the least education, and if they had any looks to them at all, they'd be working in bars making ten times the money. The old unattractive uneducated ones just clean houses as live-in maids for a few hundred dollars a month. That's all they make.

If you went around all the U.S. Wal-Marts and collected up the most uneducated and least attractive women in the U.S. and scattered them around the parks of Hong Kong, I don't think it would be a pretty picture either.

But, you are seeing a very specific demographic there, and not an accurate overall representation.
Agree !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or