Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 08:05 AM

51 posts, read 272,400 times

Advertisements

Yeah ,Stevania thanks for love thai song , for the reason why most of thai celebrities are mixed especially Chinese blood because the largest Oversea Chinese are in Thailand (Overseas Chinese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Even about half population have 50% Chinese blood. Thais rarely have pure tai- blood .there are viet, Lao ,Burmese ,Malay ,Indian ....

Old 07-16-2014, 02:55 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
you should have posted Gardo Versoza or Rudy Fernandez, or Lito Lapid.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:54 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,086,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
you should have posted Gardo Versoza or Rudy Fernandez, or Lito Lapid.
Who should have posted these men on your list ? I don't find them goodlooking, maybe just the late Rudy Fernandez.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:43 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Who should have posted these men on your list ? I don't find them goodlooking, maybe just the late Rudy Fernandez.
the one you posted are not representative of the Filipino..they are mestizos.

if you say general..it means the majority..not those celebrity mestizos

Old 07-17-2014, 09:40 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Really ? Can you post some ? I wanna see !
The ones in the online collections don't look anything like the Philippinos I see in real life! It seems that when assessing male beauty, people prefer Philippinos with some other ethnic elements mixed in, like some European influence, for example. I can't find any with the cute boyish looks I see in Philippinos I meet around the West Coast, USA.

Old 07-17-2014, 09:59 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,086,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The ones in the online collections don't look anything like the Philippinos I see in real life! It seems that when assessing male beauty, people prefer Philippinos with some other ethnic elements mixed in, like some European influence, for example. I can't find any with the cute boyish looks I see in Philippinos I meet around the West Coast, USA.
It depends on one's taste. Not everyone prefer mestizo, not everyone prefer native.
Majority of the Filipinos look Malay but not everyone is... Same as there are also blondes in Spain, Italy and Portugal.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:14 AM

96 posts, read 214,492 times
Maybe Ruth4truth is refering to aborigines?

Actually Filipinos have different looks. There are lots of people born in the Philippines who look like mestizo, yet thier parents are both Filipinos, and knows only Filipino language.

Filipinos are actually mixture of races; evolved from the original malay, indones and aeta.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:16 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Well, I lived in Katmandu for a while, so....

Old 07-18-2014, 04:23 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62914 View Post
Maybe Ruth4truth is refering to aborigines?

Actually Filipinos have different looks. There are lots of people born in the Philippines who look like mestizo, yet thier parents are both Filipinos, and knows only Filipino language.

Filipinos are actually mixture of races; evolved from the original malay, indones and aeta.
What evolved ??? I would say "Indonesians" are also mixed race because the people of our country has a mix of European, Chinese, Arabic blood etc.
96% Filipinos are descendants of the original Malays or "Austronesian" very small not even go for a mixed race. unless your talk about people country like Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela etc. which obviously they have a high mix of European blood.

Majority average faces of the Filipinos look more native than say they were a mixture,This Applies Equally to the Indonesians, there is no special .. unless you are talking about the world of celebrity. we're all going to get it.

Indonesia ( Indo People )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo_people
Filipina ( Mestizo People )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipino_mestizo

Last edited by stevania01; 07-18-2014 at 04:55 AM..

Old 07-18-2014, 12:07 PM

96 posts, read 214,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
What evolved ??? I would say "Indonesians" are also mixed race because the people of our country has a mix of European, Chinese, Arabic blood etc.
96% Filipinos are descendants of the original Malays or "Austronesian" very small not even go for a mixed race. unless your talk about people country like Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela etc. which obviously they have a high mix of European blood.

Majority average faces of the Filipinos look more native than say they were a mixture,This Applies Equally to the Indonesians, there is no special .. unless you are talking about the world of celebrity. we're all going to get it.

Indonesia ( Indo People )
Indo people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Filipina ( Mestizo People )
Filipino mestizo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's really hard to explain. Most of the Filipinos now a days have Spanish or Chinese blood. Not only the celebrities. I am not a celebrity but I have Chinese, Spanish and German blood.

Based on Philippine history, the original inhabitants of the Philippines are Malay, Indones and Aeta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia