U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:27 PM

9,825 posts, read 3,943,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Some Japanese have Austronesian ancestry.
I've noticed some Japanese who look SEA. I've actually been noticing a lot of Japanese girls who look like my sister. I notice a lot of them in Vietnam, Laos, Philippines, but not so much in China. She's usually mistaken for Filipino.

Anyway, I hope this thread goes back to discussing Asian men in general not just Filipinos and not just the Caucasian Asians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 08:22 AM

2,284 posts, read 1,870,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Some Austronesians tend to have deeper-set eyes than other Mongoloids. I think it's a graduation towards Australoids, who have deep eyes and very prominent brow ridges. But it's more the overall look. Among Asians, there are some who have more 'European' looks, and others who look more typically oriental. Many of the Japanese movie stars, I notice, look more European than many everyday Japanese.
Maybe those Japanese stars are also mixed ? Or operated or contact lenses.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:28 PM

113 posts, read 69,838 times
Quote:
First time i've heard that theory. Probably as much Greek DNA in India as there is Mongol DNA in Eastern Europe. Although Aryan Indians and Greeks are probably somewhat related.
Well its a known fact, that when Alexander made the long trip to India, on his way back most of his soldiers did not want to go back. They did not want to make that long trip back home. So most of them settled in India. Also the prize of war in those days were women (if you know what i mean! )!! So the northern Indians are so visibly different from the Southern one's. Coz Alexander never made it to the south!

But again the DNA is dilute!

Old 07-30-2013, 01:33 PM

1,706 posts, read 808,976 times
Delete

Last edited by japanese001; 07-30-2013 at 02:43 PM..

Old 07-30-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
No they're not mixed. Some Japanese people just look that way. And no, if a super-oriental looking asian person has blue contacts they'll still look super oriental. Why can't you just accept some of them do look sort of European? You seem sort of anti-Asian.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:45 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,870,582 times
Quote:
No they're not mixed. Some Japanese people just look that way. And no, if a super-oriental looking asian person has blue contacts they'll still look super oriental. Why can't you just accept some of them do look sort of European? You seem sort of anti-Asian.
I am not just talking about contacts that make the eyes change in different colour but contacts that make eyes bulge and make it really big. These contacts are very popular in Korea and Japan. They wear these contacts a lot and dye their hair blond.
I am not anti asian I just haven't met the ones that look Euro. Why don't you post pictures so I will get an idea ?

Old 07-30-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
I am not just talking about contacts that make the eyes change in different colour but contacts that make eyes bulge and make it really big. These contacts are very popular in Korea and Japan. They wear these contacts a lot and dye their hair blond.
I am not anti asian I just haven't met the ones that look Euro. Why don't you post pictures so I will get an idea ?
Oh I see...

Well this guy for instance:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=w...YG%3B450%3B338

I mean at quick glance you could almost mistake him for a dark featured Caucasian, although you'll probably dismiss it.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:54 PM

3,516 posts, read 4,261,802 times
Quote:
Japanese have heavy Ainu/Jomon ancestry and many regular Japanese look mixed with European. Sometimes the mixture makes them look Southeast Asian, Polynesian, or even Hispanic.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:05 PM

8,617 posts, read 11,243,027 times
Japan.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:09 AM

113 posts, read 69,838 times
Guys from Iran/Iraq also should be counted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia