U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 01:28 PM

2,382 posts, read 2,561,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
What evolved ??? I would say "Indonesians" are also mixed race because the people of our country has a mix of European, Chinese, Arabic blood etc.
96% Filipinos are descendants of the original Malays or "Austronesian" very small not even go for a mixed race. unless your talk about people country like Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela etc. which obviously they have a high mix of European blood.

Majority average faces of the Filipinos look more native than say they were a mixture,This Applies Equally to the Indonesians, there is no special .. unless you are talking about the world of celebrity. we're all going to get it.

Indonesia ( Indo People )
Indo people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Filipina ( Mestizo People )
Filipino mestizo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stevania, the percentage of mestizos in the Philippines is really unknown because since the Americans came, the census hasn't really kept track of the number of mestizos as everyone is already the same not like when it was still a Spanish colony.

You know ? Some mestizos in the Philippines are not really half breeds, but they look very different from the usual Malay Filipino because they have a long Spanish lineage ( their grandfather or father was/is mestizo ). I for one do not look like the typical Malay looking Filipino. I have Spanish ancestry but I am not half, only a 3rd generation, it was my grandmother who was half. Still, though I am already mostly Filipino, I don't really look like most of the Filipinos.
Sometimes, both parents have Spanish lineage so their children still look very mestizo and it is the case of some Filipinos who are not even half breeds.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:37 AM

313 posts, read 274,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Stevania, the percentage of mestizos in the Philippines is really unknown because since the Americans came, the census hasn't really kept track of the number of mestizos as everyone is already the same not like when it was still a Spanish colony.

You know ? Some mestizos in the Philippines are not really half breeds, but they look very different from the usual Malay Filipino because they have a long Spanish lineage ( their grandfather or father was/is mestizo ). I for one do not look like the typical Malay looking Filipino. I have Spanish ancestry but I am not half, only a 3rd generation, it was my grandmother who was half. Still, though I am already mostly Filipino, I don't really look like most of the Filipinos.
Sometimes, both parents have Spanish lineage so their children still look very mestizo and it is the case of some Filipinos who are not even half breeds.
Hermosa..What you write, it's the same as what happened in Indonesia, those who have a mixture of european or caucassian different from nativ Indonesians ,ranging from nose shape , in height body ,skin and even taste different foods as well. I just wanted to say that the majority of citizens of the Filipinos looks more native than mixed race , yes I believe there is a mix but not much(klik in Youtube & Geogle haha ) Yeah Filipinos only 2% have european blood ( Mestizo ) was very small even not mixed race . . Indonesian society today I say they have some mixture of European or caucassian blood around 1000. 0000 people , with a mixture of Chinese blood estimated that about 10% even more and a mixture of Arabic 1 %, is very small and does not make sense to say we are a mixture race , compared with the Latin American people which has more than 50%-60% white blood . This is what I mean.^^^^

Last edited by stevania01; 07-19-2014 at 03:50 AM..

Old 07-19-2014, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62914 View Post
It's really hard to explain. Most of the Filipinos now a days have Spanish or Chinese blood. Not only the celebrities. I am not a celebrity but I have Chinese, Spanish and German blood.

Based on Philippine history, the original inhabitants of the Philippines are Malay, Indones and Aeta.
maybe I'm still not believing friend, because I see the majority of the physical and face "Filipinos"look more Native than to said them is mixed blood . so I was looking between how I would say the majority of the Filipino is a mixture.
Yeah, I would say also Indonesians today today they have some mixture of European or caucassian blood around
1000. 0000 people, with a mixture of Chinese blood estimated that about 10% even more and a mixture of Arabic 1%, is very small and does not make sense to say we are a mixture race ..thanks

Last edited by stevania01; 07-19-2014 at 03:58 AM..

Old 07-19-2014, 03:56 AM

5 posts, read 2,993 times
well, most of the Filipinos I know have mixed ancestry nowadays..

Mine is a little Spanish-Chinese and Filipino..most of my friends are Chinese-Filipino..

Old 07-19-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Hermosa..What you write, it's the same as what happened in Indonesia, those who have a mixture of european or caucassian different from nativ Indonesians ,ranging from nose shape , in height body ,skin and even taste different foods as well. I just wanted to say that the majority of citizens of the Filipinos looks more native than mixed race , yes I believe there is a mix but not much(klik in Youtube & Geogle haha ) Yeah Filipinos only 2% have european blood ( Mestizo ) was very small even not mixed race . . Indonesian society today I say they have some mixture of European or caucassian blood around 1000. 0000 people , with a mixture of Chinese blood estimated that about 10% even more and a mixture of Arabic 1 %, is very small and does not make sense to say we are a mixture race , compared with the Latin American people which has more than 50%-60% white blood . This is what I mean.^^^^
Actually 2 percent is not really accurate because as I said, they do not really keep track of the mestizos being born not as how the Spanish did it during the Spanish colonial days. Yes, they have made a study of the DNA of the Filipinos in the USA but it is not really that accurate for one, they have not really gathered everyone's DNA.

Yes majority are still Malay looking Filipinos, but there is no denying that there are really mestizos in the Philippines. My husband is European and even agrees that there are really mestizos in the Philippines and more compare to any other country in Asia.

Because of the presence of the Chinese, many Filipinos nowadays also have Chinese ancestry especially the upper class.

Most Filipinos who are working abroad come from the lower class who also happen to be more Malay in looks.

Old 07-19-2014, 04:16 AM

You can't compare Latin America to the Philippines because there were like a million Spanish and Portuguese who settled there plus an influx of Italians, Croatians, Germans and other Europeans who migrated to Latin America during the 20th century.

In the Philippines, the number of Spanish were not as many as in Latin America but they were already quite a lot for the size of the country and being the only one in Asia. However, when America took over, most of the Spanish families or Spanish - Filipino families left and moved back to Spain or Latin America so only very few stayed and after awhile just mixed with the natives until the Spanish genes got more washed out by Filipino and Chinese genes which is why when you see Filipino movies from the 50's, you will notice that the actors really look very pure unlike now that they just have a little touch of European in them.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:27 AM

421 posts, read 139,428 times
Mixed raced Filipinos, they're just so beautiful/handsome. However, only few percentage are mixed. There are still native Filipinos who makes up decent majority like Aetas, Igorots, Negritos,Mangyans, Badjao etc...

I agree with the OP on Taiwan. Huge percentage of Chinese people in Taiwan (even the non celebrities) are really beautiful/handsome. Unlike their HK, China, Malaysia and Singapore counterpart.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:48 AM

421 posts, read 139,428 times
Quote:
What evolved ??? I would say "Indonesians" are also mixed race because the people of our country has a mix of European, Chinese, Arabic blood etc.
96% Filipinos are descendants of the original Malays or "Austronesian" very small not even go for a mixed race. unless your talk about people country like Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela etc. which obviously they have a high mix of European blood.

Majority average faces of the Filipinos look more native than say they were a mixture,This Applies Equally to the Indonesians, there is no special .. unless you are talking about the world of celebrity. we're all going to get it.

Indonesia ( Indo People )
Indo people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Filipina ( Mestizo People )
Filipino mestizo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I can see the European mixture to Indonesians. I should know because I work in a factory with lots of Indonesian people. Like most Filipinos, Indonesian skins are fair, noses are more prominent and eyes are wider. This is not the case for Malaysian Malays.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
I can see the European mixture to Indonesians. I should know because I work in a factory with lots of Indonesian people. Like most Filipinos, Indonesian skins are fair, noses are more prominent and eyes are wider. This is not the case for Malaysian Malays.
Yeah not only fair skin but there is also light brown and black, because Indonesians is not only Javanese or Sundanese ethnicity but many ethinc people who live with a variety of different physical appearance, I am glad you are working with many Indonesians around you. it sounds good ^^^^

Old 07-19-2014, 10:28 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,045,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
I hope you didn't mixed up the Chinese with the native Indonesians, not many Indonesians are actually fair skinned, :P the eyes wider part would depend i suppose. Hmmm European mixture, not that much actually since most of those mixed have been expelled from the country but yes there is European blood mixing, some of the Dutch descent i know don't really look European at all anymore, quiet some Arab mixing too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia