U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-19-2014, 08:08 PM
 
96 posts, read 179,934 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
maybe I'm still not believing friend, because I see the majority of the physical and face "Filipinos"look more Native than to said them is mixed blood . so I was looking between how I would say the majority of the Filipino is a mixture.
Yeah, I would say also Indonesians today today they have some mixture of European or caucassian blood around
1000. 0000 people, with a mixture of Chinese blood estimated that about 10% even more and a mixture of Arabic 1%, is very small and does not make sense to say we are a mixture race ..thanks
O yes, you are right, majority of Filipinos still look like the original inhabitans (i.e., Malay and other ethnic groups). But a bulk of this chunk is already influenced by western culture and maybe, some has foreign blood but Malay look still dominates.

Pardon me for using the word "most". Instead, significant number of the Philippine population has mixed blood (i.e., Spanish, Chinise, etc.).

I believe inter-marriage between different cultural minorities also changed the feature of Filipino from the original Malay look.

I was raised in the City of Santiago, 326 km North of Metro Manila. The city has 132,000 people composed of 14 ethnic groups (i.e., Igorot, Ibanag, Tagalog, Ilocano, Yogad, Gaddang, Kapangpangan etc.) plus the groups of Chinese, Indians, Koreans, Muslims, some British, and a couple of Americans.

 
Old 07-20-2014, 05:54 AM
 
Location: West Jakarta + Tangerang
376 posts, read 742,189 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
The last one doesn't have a European touch
that he /userid42 put the pictures ( 2 - 5 ) is a mixture of European descent :"Indo people" except on Image 1 and 6.
because I'm women , I like picture No 2 - 6 , while image No.1 face look more Native than Mixed hahaha.
Picture number 1 is "Chiko Jerico" half thailand and the last picture or drawing No. 6 his is " Rio Dewanto " him is native Indonesian

I think are in the pictures No. 2 - 6 they is in this Vidio, good looking.)


Male Indonesian Celebrities 2010 Asian male - YouTube
 
Old 07-20-2014, 05:58 AM
 
Location: Czech Republic
2,384 posts, read 5,845,380 times
Reputation: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
that he /userid42 put the pictures ( 2 - 5 ) is a mixture of European descent :"Indo people" except on Image 1 and 6.
because I'm women , I like picture No 2 - 6 , while image No.1 face look more Native than Mixed hahaha.
Picture number 1 is "Chiko Jerico" half thailand and the last picture or drawing No. 6 his is " Rio Dewanto " him is native Indonesian

I think are in the pictures No. 2 - 6 they is in this Vidio, good looking.)


Male Indonesian Celebrities 2010 Asian male - YouTube
Picture 1 doesn't have a good nose, it's a bit flare.
For me, it's No. 2 who looks good. The rest are okay.
 
Old 07-25-2014, 12:31 PM
 
Location: La Muy Noble Leal Ciudad de Iloilo
188 posts, read 186,215 times
Reputation: 95
Filipinos. Hands down. They have everything, from people that came from Latin-America: i.e: Archbishop Manuel Rojo del Río y Vieyra, the Mexico-born Archbishop of Manila to Sultan Karim ul-Makhdum, an Arab from Mecca, founder of the Sulu sultanate to Lt. David Fagen, an African-American who fought for the first Philippine Republic...

Furthermore, traveler's digest stated that Quezon City-Philippines ranked 7th in the city with the most handsome men, world-wide...

Their nearest Asian co-competitor, South Korea, was ranked 9th.

Source: Cities with the World's Best Looking Men (2013 Edition) - Traveler's Digest

Furthermore...

The world's first Beauty Queens, first Miss Universe, First Miss International and First Miss Asia all married Filipinos...

Source: https://ph.answers.yahoo.com/questio...4042501AAx56Xj

Also...

Dingdong Dantes, a Filipino, was voted the 6th sexiest man on planet earth. The highest ranked Asian in the list.
Moderator cut: copyright

Even Enrique Iglesias who was also on the list on the top 25 sexiest men, was half-Filipino.

They already have the most number of women who won beauty pageants. If their women are beautiful, then of course, their men are handsome.

Last edited by Marka; 07-28-2014 at 10:25 AM..
 
Old 07-25-2014, 12:39 PM
 
Location: La Muy Noble Leal Ciudad de Iloilo
188 posts, read 186,215 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
Mixed raced Filipinos, they're just so beautiful/handsome. However, only few percentage are mixed. There are still native Filipinos who makes up decent majority like Aetas, Igorots, Negritos,Mangyans, Badjao etc...

I agree with the OP on Taiwan. Huge percentage of Chinese people in Taiwan (even the non celebrities) are really beautiful/handsome. Unlike their HK, China, Malaysia and Singapore counterpart.
No, that notion is wrong. 1/3rd of Filipinos are race-mixed according to Spanish censuses. Sure. 1/3rd may not be the majority but it's also not negligible.
 
Old 07-25-2014, 12:54 PM
 
Location: La Muy Noble Leal Ciudad de Iloilo
188 posts, read 186,215 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenuleeve View Post
My ranking (no bias)
1.Taiwan
2.Thailand
3.japan
4.China
5.korea (with no surgery)
6.vietnam
7.philippines
8.singapore
9.malaysia
10.indonesia

Rated: face and appearance must be completely and shapely perfect
Eye must be shaped like an almond
Beautiful complexion
Nose must be prominent with bar
Body must be in physical and great condition
Having charms that are appealing
Hmmm. Your opinion may have a conflict over what people think.

International surveys put the Philippines especially Quezon City as ranked 7th in the place which have the most handsome men on planet earth. The nearest Asian competitor is South Korea especially Seoul ranked at number 9 for possessing the most handsome men on planet earth.


Here is the international survey, done by Traveler's digest for the year 2013 ranking such and such countries and cities.

Cities with the World's Best Looking Men (2013 Edition) - Traveler's Digest

Taiwan, Thailand, Japan or China as well as Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia didn't even make it to the top 10. In your list only Korea and the Philippines made it to the top ten and international travelers even placed the Philippines higher than Korea with the Philippines at 7th place and South Korea at 9th place.

But you are free to have your own opinion, if that is what you think is the proper ranking for handsomeness then you are free to have that, since beauty is subjective anyway. But that's just the results of the international survey.

 
Old 07-25-2014, 01:34 PM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,250,780 times
Reputation: 7578
no offense to any more, but my experience tells me the Japanese men are probably the least attractive among all Asian countries. I mean, if you just look at their facial features and ignore the fancy hair and stylish clothing.

I don't know why China and Taiwan are separated... they may be different nations but they are exactly the same people. It is like saying south Koreans are prettier than north Koreans.
 
Old 07-25-2014, 01:49 PM
 
Location: La Muy Noble Leal Ciudad de Iloilo
188 posts, read 186,215 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
no offense to any more, but my experience tells me the Japanese men are probably the least attractive among all Asian countries. I mean, if you just look at their facial features and ignore the fancy hair and stylish clothing.

I don't know why China and Taiwan are separated... they may be different nations but they are exactly the same people. It is like saying south Koreans are prettier than north Koreans.
Beauty is subjective. Many Weeabos and Anime fans find Japanese people attractive.
 
Old 07-25-2014, 11:38 PM
 
Location: West Jakarta + Tangerang
376 posts, read 742,189 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Why do they have to wear coloured contact lenses ?
I really do not like their hairstyle and their style, not manly.
Hermosa, I strongly agree with your opinion, all Asian women Including me generally prefer Men who are very Men with a good body, you are a woman and I also we have the same opinion ...
Men wear contact lenses and smooth white face oh it's not my type.
 
Old 07-27-2014, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
1,019 posts, read 895,028 times
Reputation: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
Hmmm. Your opinion may have a conflict over what people think.

International surveys put the Philippines especially Quezon City as ranked 7th in the place which have the most handsome men on planet earth. The nearest Asian competitor is South Korea especially Seoul ranked at number 9 for possessing the most handsome men on planet earth.


Here is the international survey, done by Traveler's digest for the year 2013 ranking such and such countries and cities.

Cities with the World's Best Looking Men (2013 Edition) - Traveler's Digest

Taiwan, Thailand, Japan or China as well as Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia didn't even make it to the top 10. In your list only Korea and the Philippines made it to the top ten and international travelers even placed the Philippines higher than Korea with the Philippines at 7th place and South Korea at 9th place.

But you are free to have your own opinion, if that is what you think is the proper ranking for handsomeness then you are free to have that, since beauty is subjective anyway. But that's just the results of the international survey.

Quezon City is the Star Capital of the Philippines. The cities where all the big TV networks and productions do have their headquarters.

I myself who frequently travelled, agreed that the most beautiful men and women are in Taiwan (esp Taipei). They are commoners though and not celebrities. You can see them in the streets, subway stations, fastfood chains, bizaare etc..

I would put Sout Korea as the second, Thailand and Philippines at third.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top