Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 07:16 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,339,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Not all middle eastern are good looking and they also have other racial group like black and diverse. So actually we cannot generalize so we pick based on our taste as what type of men we think looks handsome as I said I don't find those men that looks more feminine lol to me. I've been around with middle eastern and for me some Persian looking, some Lebanese and Kuwaiti are mostly good looking and attractive. But it doesn't mean that other countries doesn't have good looking or doesn't look handsome at all.
and what are persian/lebanese/kuwaiti? they're middle easterns right?

im not saying there are no good looking men in any country at all. im just commenting on the consistency. people in the middle east tend to look more consistent throughout the population since they dont intermarry with other cultures/ethnicities/races as much compared to filipinos, meaning when you see one middle eastern person, you'd know how the rest of the population would look like. it just happens that the middle eastern features carry more of the ones that tend to look attractive by western standards such as almond-shaped eyes and noses "with bar" (per OP hehehe), and that they'd carry those consistently for most of the population. the filipinos are so varied and inconsistent with their looks that when they go elsewhere, they could be mistaken for anybody from thailand/mexico/vietnam/guam/indonesia/malaysia/china/japan. and their looks could really swing from the matinee celebrity types to those whose faces only a mother could love. not so much with the middle eastern population.

im filipina myself, and know how my countrymen look like. i've also been exposed enough to middle eastern populations to be able to tell the differences in the consistency of looks.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:35 PM

2,376 posts, read 7,051,320 times
That's why Middle Eastern men top my list. But I have to say after Middle Eastern men, I'll have to put Filipino men ( the ones that I find goodlooking including the celebrities I posted ) because they are good looking and look different from the typical Asian looking men.

My husband is non Filipino and according to him, he thinks there are many upper- middle class Filipinos especially the younger ones he sees in bars and clubs are goodlooking and take care of themselves more ( more vain in looks and clothes ) than other South East and East Asian men.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:28 PM

3,643 posts, read 10,688,315 times
posting half Filipinos is getting really really old. You realize that every time you do that, you're implying that full Filipinos are ugly?

Old 07-20-2013, 11:45 PM

Each one has their own preference when it comes to what they find attractive. If you like full or mestizo is your right and no one has the right to question it.
If you like ugly or handsome men, it is your choice.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

It is more easy to post pictures of celebrities because they are public property so their pictures are readily available on the internet plus posting pictures of private people is very improper because you are invading their privacy. I would never post pictures of my siblings, relatives or friends.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 07-20-2013 at 11:53 PM..

Old 07-21-2013, 12:25 AM

3,643 posts, read 10,688,315 times
The thread is about countries as a whole. You realize that the type you like represent maybe 1% of the population, therefore, you're completely off topic

Old 07-21-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
The thread is about countries as a whole. You realize that the type you like represent maybe 1% of the population, therefore, you're completely off topic
I post the ones I prefer... They may represent 1% only but they are my preference.
Post the ones according to your preference too.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:20 AM

9,255 posts, read 9,679,665 times
China has more people than the other countries combined.
What is the definition of Chinese looking??

I'm not following the fashion at all and only know one male model from China (Hu Bing). However I think he's better looking than most of the pics you guy posted. And he is 100% Han Chinese, not some colonist's left-over.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
China has more people than the other countries combined.
What is the definition of Chinese looking??

I'm not following the fashion at all and only know one male model from China (Hu Bing). However I think he's better looking than most of the pics you guy posted. And he is 100% Han Chinese, not some colonist's left-over.

That's according to your preference.

For me, he just has a nice built. I am not so much into oriental looking men as I am more attracted to deep seated eyes.

And what is wrong with colonist's left overs ? Most people in South and Central America are colonist's left overs as well as Australia, New Zealand, Canada, America etc. What's wrong with combining races to create better ones ? Portuguese Africans, French Africans or English Africans look good too.

I should say the best one is the one from Abu Dhabi that pinai posted...For me, he is one of the best looking guys I have ever set my eyes upon.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 07-21-2013 at 02:39 AM..

Old 07-21-2013, 03:19 PM

9,255 posts, read 9,679,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
That's according to your preference.

For me, he just has a nice built. I am not so much into oriental looking men as I am more attracted to deep seated eyes.

And what is wrong with colonist's left overs ? Most people in South and Central America are colonist's left overs as well as Australia, New Zealand, Canada, America etc. What's wrong with combining races to create better ones ? Portuguese Africans, French Africans or English Africans look good too.

I should say the best one is the one from Abu Dhabi that pinai posted...For me, he is one of the best looking guys I have ever set my eyes upon.
Because many people in the world are proud of their identity and don't want to mix with others.

Chinese people consider their civilization one the best in the world, so somehow they believe they, the people are the best too. It may not be the case in some other countries.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Because many people in the world are proud of their identity and don't want to mix with others.

Chinese people consider their civilization one the best in the world, so somehow they believe they, the people are the best too. It may not be the case in some other countries.
Because China was never colonised by Western people.
However, I do believe that if China was also colonised by Europeans, some would have intermarried too like now, I would often see some Chinese girls with white guys every now and then. Also, they usually fall in love with western babies and toddlers, male or female would always take a picture with a western baby/toddler, something I don't really see in the Philippines.

Also, I don't believe they don't really mix with other races. Some early Chinese settlers in the Philippines also married some Filipinos and Spaniards during the Spanish colonisation.
Also, many Chinese in the Philippines who do not have any trace of Spanish in them always claim to have Spanish genes in them, actually between Filipinos and Chinese, it's mostly the Chinese who claim they have, must be because of their fair complexion compare to Filipinos. As I said, some Chinese in the Philippines married some Spaniards before but not everyone did so I don't think what you said applies to everyone.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 07-22-2013 at 06:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia