U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-21-2014, 04:24 AM
 
Location: Brisbane
3,511 posts, read 5,455,709 times
Reputation: 2824

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
That is true, although I've actually had people say racist things to me including about Asians, but yes like I overheard two old ladies complaining about immigrants coming in and ruining things for 'real Australians'. I don't doubt there is racism in the UK, it's probably just less in the open.

I wouldn't say I've ever been discriminated against to my knowledge. It's more the name-calling variety.
That is what I was referring to when I said discrimination.

 
Old 04-21-2014, 04:32 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,231,639 times
Reputation: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
That is what I was referring to when I said discrimination.
Ah yes, I was thinking more being favoured or something, but yes, it is being treated differently based on your appearance.
 
Old 04-21-2014, 04:39 AM
 
Location: Brisbane
3,511 posts, read 5,455,709 times
Reputation: 2824
Just to follow up on the original topic, as most in the ANZ forum would know I have just come back from a 4 month stint in Korea. The main purpose of the trip was to get our new born child to see her mothers Family.

Our little girl was an absolute hit with the locals, of course in Australia we get complete strangers walking up and saying how cute she is and asking all these questions, it however was far more extreme in Seoul. I have heard that Koreans discriminate against half Korean Children, we had almost completely the opposite problem.
 
Old 04-21-2014, 05:02 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,231,639 times
Reputation: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Just to follow up on the original topic, as most in the ANZ forum would know I have just come back from a 4 month stint in Korea. The main purpose of the trip was to get our new born child to see her mothers Family.

Our little girl was an absolute hit with the locals, of course in Australia we get complete strangers walking up and saying how cute she is and asking all these questions, it however was far more extreme in Seoul. I have heard that Koreans discriminate against half Korean Children, we had almost completely the opposite problem.
Maybe cos she's still a baby, but if anything, they would probably favour her for her more western looks, although some might be jealous of her...
 
Old 04-21-2014, 06:35 AM
 
Location: Brisbane
3,511 posts, read 5,455,709 times
Reputation: 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Maybe cos she's still a baby, but if anything, they would probably favour her for her more western looks, although some might be jealous of her...
Maybe, however I try to look for the good in people, unlike most other posters on city data.
 
Old 04-21-2014, 11:14 AM
 
183 posts, read 210,026 times
Reputation: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Maybe cos she's still a baby, but if anything, they would probably favour her for her more western looks, although some might be jealous of her...
People do not get jealous of babies ANYWHERE.
You seem to have a serious issue dude.
 
Old 04-21-2014, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
614 posts, read 1,250,337 times
Reputation: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Maybe cos she's still a baby, but if anything, they would probably favour her for her more western looks, although some might be jealous of her...
LOL
Seriously?
 
Old 04-21-2014, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Malang, Indonesia
72 posts, read 120,946 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
No doubt there are some lol. Why are you an Arab woman or a Korean man? haha
Because I never see it. And there are many conservative Arabs who won't let their girls marry non-Arabs LOL.
 
Old 04-21-2014, 10:52 PM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,231,639 times
Reputation: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiva View Post
People do not get jealous of babies ANYWHERE.
You seem to have a serious issue dude.
I meant her peers when she grows up.
 
Old 04-22-2014, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Orange County, CA, USA
451 posts, read 1,078,886 times
Reputation: 357
What I am going to write is based on only on my own observation and based on Korean-Americans.

I have seen quite a few marriages between a Korean-American woman and a Chinese or Taiwanese-American man. Of intermarriages between Korean-Americans and Chinese or Taiwanese-Americans, it seems like 9 times out of 10, it is the woman who is Korean-American and the man is Chinese or Taiwanese-American. I've seen it among my friends and also relatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top