U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-21-2013, 05:14 AM

187 posts, read 153,445 times
I know an Indonesian woman and she is a fat, foul mouthed horror. None of this well renowned beauty in her case.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 09:09 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,870,582 times
Indonesia's representative in the Miss World pageant looked Chinese. Maybe she has Chinese ancestry ?

Old 09-29-2013, 10:28 AM

945 posts, read 579,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Indonesia's representative in the Miss World pageant looked Chinese. Maybe she has Chinese ancestry ?
no she doesn't she belnngs to the Dayak race who actually do have Chinese feature but they're not, as you can see we have 250 ethnic in Indonesia, although most of them looks Malaysianish and Filipinos, we actually even have African looking people in Papua

this is Dayak

Papuans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejarano View Post
I know an Indonesian woman and she is a fat, foul mouthed horror. None of this well renowned beauty in her case.
you don't get to judge our people from 1 person lol, go to Jakarta or Bandung and you'll see babes walking around in shorts

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:03 AM..

Old 09-29-2013, 10:46 AM

so people do not confuses us with Chinese i'll show you few samples

Javanese people (East-Central Java concentrated, the most dominant race)

Sundanese (West Java, famed for their beauties)

Betawi (Jakarta with deep colonial roots)

Batak people (many have Chinese small eyes)

Malay people (known for their religiousity)

Minangkabau

Balinese (more related to Javanese)

Lomboknese

Nusa Tengara people (related to Portuguesse, as East Timor does)

Minahasa (actually said to be the mestizo of Indonesia, most are very devouted Christians)

Bugisnese

Last edited by Goshio22; 09-29-2013 at 10:58 AM..

Old 09-29-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
but some did not come from SE Chinese especially the chinese Indonesian who lived in Surabaya, Jakarta, Semarang, Malang . they came from another chinese .. because there are physical differences such as skin, eyes, hair and body posture. I always thought they were more like korean.
actually there are some truth in it 10% of Indonesian are said to be of Chinese descent, while about 70% of the ethnic Chinese in Indonesia are mixed with locals.. which makes them rather unique in look and less-Chinese sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by indonesiach View Post
What are you to say that Chinese Palembang are like that ? MOST OF RICH PEOPLE IN PALEMBANG ARE CHINESE. Why ? Because we are not lazy .
Well whatever, other people can say that I'm not Chinese, but my great-grandfather&mother immigrated from Anxi, Quanzhou, Fujian Province. I still communicate with my family using Mandarin, I still practice Chinese culture and I love China, and I proudly say that China is my motherland.
Well not all of Chinese Indonesian people are rich. Most of Cina Sekip in Palembang are heavily mixed, and usually they are poor.
And Chinese Palembang's Mandarin is one of the best between other Chinese Indonesian community in Indonesia, if you don't know .

And most of Chinese Indonesian come from southern Provinces such as Guangdong, Fujian, Zhejiang etc.
Well at least AHOK always tell the truth. Well Chinese people's characteristics are loud , if you don't know that.
And even some people say Hakka people are one of the most northern looking Chinese in Southern provinces of China.
dude dude chill, i am also Chinese but kinda mixed, and i don't use mandarin anymore... my dad is from Medan but i was never interested with the culture... why do you have to be so sceptical with the local.... and if you ask me i think Batam have better Mandarin than Palembang..... you don't say that by being Chinese you are basically richer and better, you put me down to shame

you know why you can consider Palembang's Mandarin's as one of the best indeed, because face it Chinese Indonesians are more Indonesian than you think they are, like even the one who lived in Padang and Surabaya can fluently speak local language

Old 09-30-2013, 05:51 AM

Quote:
I think she looks more like a woman sundanese bandung .. because so many women like her Sunda. yeah after I read her profile she is chinese descent. but his face is very Indonesian than chinese
She is of Chinese ancestry ? I knew it because she looks very Chinese and she's fair.

Old 09-30-2013, 05:59 AM

Quote:
I think people Minahasan have a mixture of Dutch so they are called "Indos" or "Netherlands Indies " instead of Mestizo.
in Indonesia, which uses the term mestizo to mixed race people only eastern Indonesian and east timor
Pics a baby of descent Indonesian - White. I think this kid looks 80% Spanish and 10% Indonesia. but this is just my observation
actually the Spanish trader settled in Minahasan region of Manado, and send one of their daughter to marry the king... and some of this Spanish also intermarried with the local, so you can say they also have a little bit Spanish there but not alot

Dutch-Indo is probably throng in Jakarta, Moluccas, Bandung and Surabaya which were one of the few important location during colonial times

Old 10-01-2013, 05:43 AM

lol he's just being silly, there are many Indonesians who are hot, i'll let you be the judge of it

how is she for Indonesians?

or this?

or this?

or even this?

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:18 AM..

Old 10-06-2013, 06:06 AM

Quote:
I read "Miss Wold 2013" of the Philippines is "Megan Young" is an American living in the Philippines .. meaning that he is an American ^ ^ I think he's pure Filipino but not.. ye a a a
she's half Filipino, to be precise

Old 10-06-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
I read "Miss Wold 2013" of the Philippines is "Megan Young" is an American living in the Philippines .. meaning that he is an American ^ ^ I think he's pure Filipino but not.. ye a a a
She's half. Mother is Filipina, father is American but she's very Filipina that's why when she was crowned, she spoke in Filipino.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia