Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2013, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 5,546 times

Advertisements

Ok so I'm currently doing a post grad in architectural engineering in the UK, and I met a chinese girl in class, we sat down for a class project and at the end we had to do this assignment so I suggested to meet somewhere later, she gave me her number without asking and I gave her mine then she gave me her email and said 'this is my personal email'...Anyways I didnt put too much thought into it and the same night I texted her asking if she wants to meet up and relax after class. She responded and we kept on chatting and she seemed interested telling me I'm smart and adorable and all that, and I really like her too..but I didnt want to show anything incase she is just being friendly and I'm being a stupid dumb architect.

At the end of the day she told me next sunday I should come for lunch and I thought she was just being polite, but the next sunday she texted me and she was like we are going to have lunch now want to join? and I did..we ended up having this intense talk about future, different architecture interests, the history of china and I asked her to teach me a little Chinese and she said from now on Im your chinese teacher and she wouldnt let me leave without learning alot. After lunch we went for a walk (by the way she had 2 friends so it wasn't me and her alone) with her friends and I thought its time for me to go, but before i said anything she said lets have supper together..I Agreed cuz she is really sweet and i wanted to stay longer honestly..then I told her ill help since she told me at lunch to sit back and wait for the meal while bringing me tea and snacks..she was so sweet..So i actually cooked my first chinese meal when her friend walked me through and she really liked it..but then at the end she was like it was really fun see you tomorrow and thats it..I thought i blew it, but i went back and searched alot and I got REALLY STRESSED, because apparently its different when dating a chinese..

I know that is alot, but I need some advice..anything..since that night we spoke once on QQ chat and she sent me pic of that day together..but I didnt want to call or text so i dont scare her off or something..HELP!
Additional Details
Today I invited her over for lunch that I cooked along with her friends, we had an amazing day and I still get this vibe when she's around like she is interested..but either she is really subtle about it or I'm just blind..is there anyway I can know for sure that she likes me without blowing it? Im invited next week for some dumpling cooking thing..and she is in all my classes..ANY HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Are you looking for cultural advice or dating advice? I see no cultural issues here. There is a "relationship" forum at CityData. This really belongs there. This is not the dating forum.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Uh, feel it out?

Old 10-13-2013, 06:09 PM

23,531 posts, read 24,011,889 times
Just hang out with her a few more times, you'll know for sure how she feels.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:30 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
The only way to find out is to ask her out. Go with friends to a movie or something, and then keep making dinners, find out what she really likes to do. She may be into racing or something, or try doing something in the UK that would be hard to find in China.

So emotionally there's nothing wrong.

Culturally, I would say don't worry too much about trying to not offend her or something. She's already in the UK for reasons (wanted to go to a Western college, rich parents, or wanted something different), and if she really comes off as cold you could simply ask if you offended her somehow.

At the end of the day it's pretty universal how humans express how they like someone else. The details will come later.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:54 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
I didn't understand why you think you "blew it". You guys seem to have had a wonderful day together, and she said it was really fun see you tomorrow, what's wrong with that?

Chinese girls tend to be more subtle and reserved about relationship. But she asked you out a couple of times, which means she is a relatively open person (most won't). Seems to me she likes you more than a friend.

Ask her out and see how she responds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia