Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2013, 12:43 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,926,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson123 View Post
The word Fair is an English word that describes very light skin that looks good.

Fair skin means very light/white skin and many English and Nordic women have been called fair skinned. That word for skin color originates from those ladies. Thousands of poems have been dedicated to Northern European women with that same word and it's association with their complexion.

"Pale" is an insult word and by the way....even dark skinned people can look "pale" so that is not a correct word to describe a light tone.

And there are plenty of Asians who have close to white skin tones. Many Koreans and Chinese women can have very white complexions and it is not from makeup and camera light. Even lighter than some Northern Europeans actually...
Good for you

Old 12-12-2013, 06:09 AM

782 posts, read 1,086,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I agree with this. There are many very genuine online Filipinas, and some not so genuine. I think one can't assume either way, when it comes to Filipinas.

There are some huge 'warning signs' that a person SHOULD go to the Philippines to see the woman's family. For one, does she come from a family that expects MONEY to be consistently sent from the daughters abroad and such. Some Filipina women have strong family obligations to support entire extended families, etc.

Other Filipinas have NO such pull, demand, expectation of that nature whatsoever. They come from parents who work hard, gainfully employed, etc.

My general rule is IF $$ comes up in ANY context whatsoever, than it's a HUGE warning signal. If it never comes up, than it's a very positive sign.

However, once actually in the Philippines, and actually seeing the family dynamics and expectations at work, than the guy should just really try to assess the situation as much as possible, and see what they are really dealing with.

Many Filipinas make excellent and amazing wifes. But, others come with all kinds of extended family baggage along with it. I'd RUN quickly if $$ comes up in any context, particularly as any type of theme. If the woman asks for money, while 'only chat friends', than run far far away.

But, most Filipinas are very hard workers, many go abroad and work long hours for little pay, and don't complain about it at all.
Tiger Beer, your advice here in this thread 100% correct. I live in the Philippines. I have my eyes open, so I know your advice is sound.

To others, your ridicule is pathetic, the crab mentality so transparent.

To those who are reading and can't wait to fly over here for only two weeks to meet and marry - well, not a good idea. Using that approach increases your chance of failure exponentially.

Take a long leave of absence from work if possible and go. Use your big head, not the small one.
Use your gut instinct and common sense. And remember, your a guest here. Obey the laws. Be respectful.

Last edited by Texabama; 12-12-2013 at 06:20 AM..

Old 12-12-2013, 04:55 PM

47 posts, read 230,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Tiger Beer, your advice here in this thread 100% correct. I live in the Philippines. I have my eyes open, so I know your advice is sound.

To others, your ridicule is pathetic, the crab mentality so transparent.

To those who are reading and can't wait to fly over here for only two weeks to meet and marry - well, not a good idea. Using that approach increases your chance of failure exponentially.

Take a long leave of absence from work if possible and go. Use your big head, not the small one.
Use your gut instinct and common sense. And remember, your a guest here. Obey the laws. Be respectful.
Thank you Texabama!
Very sound advice! What is your recommendation as far as how much time to spend in the Philippines? In fact, how long should one communicate with a Filipina before making that long trip over there?

Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 AM

10,641 posts, read 16,023,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USARMYVET View Post
In fact, how long should one communicate with a Filipina before making that long trip over there?
Well one doesn't need to communicate with a Filipina before visiting the Philippines
What i mean is that you should go when you feel you're ready for it.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:55 PM

Davy-040, (and anybody else out there)
How long do they expect to talk to a guy before they expect him to visit them in the Philippines? Is there a rule for this? It seems as though Filipinas move kind of fast or maybe that's just my perception. I recently had one Filipina (age 40 and living in Dubai, no kids), actually she was part Filipina and part Chinese tell me that she wants to marry a guy within 6 months after meeting him. I told her that generally speaking, we in America don't typically marry that quickly. We for the most part take our time to get to know someone but I'm sure that there are some exceptions. In fact she told me that if she met a guy and they "clicked" during internet communication, she would marry him the very next week. I thought to myself that she's crazy, but I did tell her that might be how they do it in her culture but it's not typical of how we do it in America.

If anybody else has any feedback, don't hesitate to respond. This is what makes City Data forums so great, everybody can chime in with what ever comments or personal experiences and we all learn from each other.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:14 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,326 times
im a filipina myself but filipinas only do it that fast if they're in a relationship with foreigners who can help them get out of wherever they are. another angle at that speed of marriage is if the foreigner guy himself is in a hurry to marry the girl too, usually if that guy is a senior citizen. if the same filipina were in a relationship with another filipino, usually it's longer than 6 months before they get married--unless either one of them is wealthy enough to afford a wedding that soon.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:25 AM

So zilam98, it's highly unlikely that she is so willing to marry the guy for the right reasons? It's mostly to get out of a situation she rather not be in? Let me know if I understand what you are saying.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:44 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,326 times
Quote:
So zilam98, it's highly unlikely that she is so willing to marry the guy for the right reasons? It's mostly to get out of a situation she rather not be in? Let me know if I understand what you are saying.
i would say about 60-40. additionally filipinas tend to prefer western men (north americans, western/northern europe) because filipino men tend to suck at caring for their female partners. especially those that have the patriarchal values where in a marriage, the wife becomes subservient to her husband, and that the spouses are not equal partners. and the filipinas are now better income-earners than their male counterparts too, which make the filipinas look for better partners, usually from foreign countries.

not to disparage my fellowmen, but that's been the situation i've seen. there will always be one that's truly genuine, but you have to take your time to figure that out. don't rush into things.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:10 AM

Zilam98,
What are some of the things I should pay attention to when communicating with a Filipina to know either there's the potential that she's legitimate or that she's possibly just looking for somebody to get her out of her current situation? Right now I have a profile on that website FilipinoCupid but I have not renewed my membership yet.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:43 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Zilam98,
What are some of the things I should pay attention to when communicating with a Filipina to know either there's the potential that she's legitimate or that she's possibly just looking for somebody to get her out of her current situation? Right now I have a profile on that website FilipinoCupid but I have not renewed my membership yet.
If she talks about love and dating right away, then she's not real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia