Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 12:00 AM

55 posts, read 138,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mien View Post
Hahahahahahahahah...... You are really clearly "butt hurt" about this

Not at all.....
Are there a single map that ever show that "Nanyue is the homeland of Tai-Kadai" like idiotic statement of yours?

The Lao,Zhuang, Thai and Dai as well as the rest of Tai-Kadai race before migrates into Southeast Asia(today Laos and Thailand) in 13th century because of Mongol invasion are well known to live in "Nanzhong" not "Nanyue"

Nanzhong (南中) was an ancient region consisting of modern-day Yunnan, Guizhou, and southern Sichuan in southern China.
Source: Nanzhong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Nanzhong" = is located in South-western China(today Yunnan, Guizhou, and southern Sichuan)

"Nanyue" = is located in South-eastern China(today Guangdong and Northern Vietnam)
LOL. OK, say I'm butthurt all you want if that makes you feel better when you can't refute .

Nanyue also consisted of Guangxi where most of the Zhuang live and is even the Zhuang autonomous region! LOL . Look at the map and see where Nanyue is, lol. You are saying Nanyue consisted of only Northern vietnam, then suddenly skipped Guangxi in the middle and consisted of Guangdong which is separated from it? lmao. Nanzhong was where not only the Tai people, but also the Mon-Khmer, Tibeto-Burmans lived! The Tai who migrated to Laos and Thailand were the ones from Nanzhong, but the Tai-Kadai lived all the way to Guangxi, which is why most of them live there now. LOL

Last edited by eugene_allen; 06-30-2014 at 12:14 AM..

Old 06-30-2014, 12:10 AM

76 posts, read 405,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_allen View Post

First off, the data doesn't even have Laos in there. Where do you get the Lao data? You guessed it was the same as Thais's and you wrote as "Lao/Thai" ? The Thais are fed with more nutrition than the Lao for sure, and the Chinese account for a larger percentage of the Thai population than the Lao population for sure. 14% of Thailand's population are ethnic Chinese and 40% of the population have Chinese ancestry. Why do you think the Lao data is the same as the Thais' ?

Back to the topic, that is what the data of the modern times, how about back then? Tai-Kadai speakers were austronesians like the taiwanese aboriginals, filipinos, indonesians, malaysians. How tall do you think these people were/are? LOL

Quote:
First off, the data doesn't even have Laos in there. Where do you get the Lao data? You guessed it was the same as Thais's and you wrote as "Lao/Thai" ? The Thais are fed with more nutrition than the Lao for sure, and the Chinese account for a larger percentage of the Thai population than the Lao population for sure. 14% of Thailand's population are ethnic Chinese and 40% of the population have Chinese ancestry. Why do you think the Lao data is the same as the Thais' ?
The Malaysian are way richer and definitely has better fed with more nutrition than Austronesian in other nations like Indonesian and Philippines. But yet, their average height are still on par with each other?

Singaporean are also way richer and definitely has better fed with more nutrition than the mainland Chinese. But yet, their average height are still on par with each other?

It's obviously that nutrition only does little effect to the height, for the most part it's definitely depend on "race" and not "nutrition".

So definitely, the height of Laotian is definitely on par with the Thai since majority ethnic of both nations are Tai-Kadai race.

You are blaming that the average height of Thai are on par East Asian people like Chinese,Japanese,Korean,Singaporean because of 54% population has Han-Chinese blood lol?

How about Vietnam let say....? Clear history of 1000 years of "direct occupation and mixing with Han-Chinese". Even when we look at the culture stuffs the culture of Vietnamese today is extremely different from the original culture of original Vietnamese culture that was clearly Mon-Khmer culture, this is the result of brainwashing by Han-Chinese for 1000 years. So the question is after this much of influence by Han-Chinese, "why does the height of Vietnamese today are still on par with their Mon-Khmer family member like Cambodian"?

Old 06-30-2014, 12:14 AM

76 posts, read 405,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_allen View Post
LOL. OK, say I'm butthurt all you want if that makes you feel better when you can't refute .

Nanyue also consisted of Guangxi where most of the Zhuang live and is even the Zhuang autonomous region! LOL . Nanzhong was where not only the Tai people, but also the Mon-Khmer, Tibeto-Burmans lived! The Tai who migrated to Laos and Thailand were the ones from Nanzhong, but the Tai-Kadai lived all the way to Guangxi, which is why most of them live there now. LOL
The Zhuang are living in Western area of Guangxi near Yunnan which is part of Nanzhong.
Eastern area of Guangxi is the one that considered as part of Nanyue.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:29 AM

Quote:

The Malaysian are way richer and definitely has better fed with more nutrition than Austronesian in other nations like Indonesian and Philippines. But yet, their average height are still on par with each other?

Singaporean are also way richer and definitely has better fed with more nutrition than the mainland Chinese. But yet, their average height are still on par with each other?

It's obviously that nutrition only does little effect to the height, for the most part it's definitely depend on "race" and not "nutrition".

So definitely, the height of Laotian is definitely on par with the Thai since majority ethnic of both nations are Tai-Kadai race.
LOL. I highly doubt it. "definitely" from your speculation? Give me the exact Lao data, then we'll know it is for sure, okay?

Quote:
You are blaming that the average height of Thai are on par East Asian people like Chinese,Japanese,Korean,Singaporean because of 54% population has Han-Chinese blood lol?

How about Vietnam let say....? Clear history of 1000 years of "direct occupation and mixing with Han-Chinese". Even when we look at the culture stuffs the culture of Vietnamese today is extremely different from the original culture of original Vietnamese culture that was clearly Mon-Khmer culture, this is the result of brainwashing by Han-Chinese for 1000 years. So the question is after this much of influence by Han-Chinese, "why does the height of Vietnamese today are still on par with their Mon-Khmer family member like Cambodian"?
So now you're saying Vietnamese have this much, that much Chinese mixing when talking about height, but when you talk about "viets are mon-khmer race", blah blah blah, you say they are just mon-khmer people. lol can you prove 54% of Vietnamese population have Chinese blood like the Thais? Austronesians and Austroasiatic people are short people. The Tai-Kadai people were also austronesians, what made them originally different from the others?

Another question: what was "mon-khmer" culture and what was "tai-kadai" culture before the invasion of Han Chinese?

Old 06-30-2014, 12:45 AM

Quote:
The Zhuang are living in Western area of Guangxi near Yunnan which is part of Nanzhong.
Eastern area of Guangxi is the one that considered as part of Nanyue.
LOL. You are so desperate, Mien. Now you're trying to say the Zhuang are only living in the western part of Guangxi? source? and you're saying that western part was part of Nanzhong? look at this:

"Nanzhong (南中) was an ancient region consisting of modern-day Yunnan, Guizhou, and southern Sichuan in southern China."

where does it say "consisting of western part of Guangxi" ? lol . With the huge population of Zhuangs living in Guangxi, how could they just forget to add Guangxi to Nanzhong if it was the homeland of Tai-Kadai? lol

"Over 90 percent of the Zhuang population live in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region."

Old 06-30-2014, 08:46 PM

313 posts, read 531,351 times
Quote:

Yes, I agree. Diet is only one feature. Genetics definitely play a big role in height, same as any other physical feature.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:48 PM

313 posts, read 531,351 times
Quote:
"why does the height of Vietnamese today are still on par with their Mon-Khmer family member like Cambodian"?
Yep, Vietnamese are among the shortest Asian, at 5'9" I felt like I was always the tallest person there. I did notice, however, that people in Hanoi were taller and looked more Chinese looking than those in the south. It's sort of like China, where people in the north are taller and fairer. If you go from Saigon to Beijing people get taller. For the average young male of say 25, I'd estimate they are about 5'5" in Saigon, 5'6.5" in Hanoi, 5'8" in Hong Kong, 5'9" in Shanghai and close to 5'10" in Beijing.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:33 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,749,604 times
When I was in college, there were 26 male students in my class (in Chinese colleges/universities every student is associated with a fixed "class" of students). Half of them are from south China and half from north.

I still remember 6 of the 26 are over 180cm, and 5 are from north. The tallest is 192cm.
Probably 3 are below 170cm, and 2 are from south.
The vast majority are between 170~179cm.

All the 5 female students are between 160~165cm I think.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 5,020 times
I'm a Japanese of 20's and 172cm.According to official government's statistics, it's true that average height of young(20-39yo) Japanese male is 172cm(5'7and3/4",I'm just on average).but acutually I feel a bit on short side.Our generation people basically think of 173-175cm as "standard height".180cm and up is considered tall.185cm is very tall,over 190cm is considerably rare.170.7cm means 12th grade highschool students'average at 17yo btw.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:31 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motionout View Post
I'm a Japanese of 20's and 172cm.According to official government's statistics, it's true that average height of young(20-39yo) Japanese male is 172cm(5'7and3/4",I'm just on average).but acutually I feel a bit on short side.Our generation people basically think of 173-175cm as "standard height".180cm and up is considered tall.185cm is very tall,over 190cm is considerably rare.170.7cm means 12th grade highschool students'average at 17yo btw.
About the same in Taiwan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia