U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2014, 07:46 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,231,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
From now I will only directly respond to you,not that blind moron.

The situations in Hong Kong and Macau have seriously deteriorated ever since the CEPA was signed in 2008.The gap between the rich and poor has widened significantly,the Mainlanders are everywhere and pooping around the streets,and the freedom of speech has awfully worsened.Check the press freedom of Hong Kong over the years,it has gone from the best in the whole Asia to somewhere like 70th in the entire world.

People in Hong Kong and Macau HATE Mainland China right now,and they have been supporting the protests in Taiwan these months.

Umm I'd have to disagree with you on the GDP per capita part,I don't think it's very accurate tbh,the salary has downgraded to a decade ago ever since Ma's years in office.The economy growth of Taiwan has come to a dilemma and KMT has 0 intention of solving it.
Really? That's sad. Yeah a real invasion of mainlanders...No wonder many long for the colonial days.

Well I just got it from the IMF figures:

List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which put Taiwan even above Japan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2014, 07:47 AM

1,011 posts, read 627,651 times
From the manner of the guy who called others morons, you think those Taiwanese are mild-mannered? LOL.

Have you seen the funny fighting which is very common in the Taiwan's parlement? It is such a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I saw a group of mainlanders at Alishan. They were loud and boisterous, singing loudly etc...quite a contrast to the rather mild-mannered Taiwanese.

Have you even been to Taipei? Anyone who's been could hardly call it backwards...Taipei is one of the most wired, modern cities in the world. Plus there isn't the same level of poverty you find in Shanghai or Beijing.

Taiwan was one of the four Asian 'tigers' and is still doing well. Now you're just sounding like you want a pissing contest.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:49 AM

By PPP mesure, shanghai would also rank above Japan.

Quote:
Really? That's sad. Yeah a real invasion of mainlanders...No wonder many long for the colonial days.

Well I just got it from the IMF figures:

List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which put Taiwan even above Japan!

Old 05-06-2014, 07:51 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,253,275 times
Quote:
Er, seriously? They're unified in name only, they still operate as separate sovereign nations. Thank God they weren't fully incorporated after the handover...HK is hard to compare to Taiwan, it's basically a city-state like Singapore, a centre of wealth. Taiwan's GDP per person has already exceeded South Korea and is approaching that of Japan. Go to Taipei and you will see it's as clean, modern and prosperous as HK, Seoul, Singapore, Tokyo.
To be fair Taipei is not that "modern" compared with cities like Shanghai. In reality nobody from coastal China wil be impressed by how modern, prosperous and wealthy Taipei is. This is a fact.

Before you say Shanghai is just one city, it has comparable population as the entire Taiwan Island, and not all of Taiwan is as modern as Taipei for sure.

I don't believe this GDP per capita thing that much. Saskatchewan, Canada has a per capita GDP of $70k, can you can even start to compare Saskatoon or Regina with a second tier Chinese city such as Suzhou or Nanjing. Even Toronto and Montreal look pretty backward and dated in terms of infrastructure.

I am not saying China is more advanced than Taiwan now, just the fact that Taipei's "prosperity, wealth and modernity" will not impress many Chinese citizens today in 2014.

6,773 posts, read 5,116,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
From the manner of the guy who called others morons, you think those Taiwanese are mild-mannered? LOL.

Have you seen the funny fighting which is very common in the Taiwan's parlement? It is such a joke
It's hard not to be pissed off when an ignorant and self-indulgent person keeps bugging you.

And speaking of the "parliament",at least we have one,lol.

I don't want to make a big distinction between PRC and China.

Taiwan is officially called Republic of China. It is very funny those extremists in Taiwan do not want to acknowledge themselves to be Chinese when the name of their island contains China.

Quote:
Taiwan has never been part of the People's Republic of China.

I don't even see what great benefit including Taiwan would have for the PRC...

Old 05-06-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:

Yes, but just talking about the Taiwanese as a whole.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
By PPP mesure, shanghai would also rank above Japan.
Really? I thought Shanghai's GDP per capita is like $12,000 or so...

Old 05-06-2014, 07:54 AM

6,773 posts, read 5,116,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
To be fair Taipei is not that "modern" compared with cities like Shanghai. In reality nobody from coastal China wil be impressed by how modern, prosperous and wealthy Taipei is. This is a fact.

Before you say Shanghai is just one city, it has comparable population as the entire Taiwan Island, and not all of Taiwan is as modern as Taipei for sure.

I don't believe this GDP per capita thing that much. Saskatchewan, Canada has a per capita GDP of $70k, can you can even start to compare Saskatoon or Regina with a second tier Chinese city such as Suzhou or Nanjing. Even Toronto and Montreal look pretty backward and dated in terms of infrastructure.

I am not saying China is more advanced than Taiwan now, just the fact that Taipei's "prosperity, wealth and modernity" will not impress many Chinese citizens today in 2014.
Yeah I would say Shanghai is more prosperous and modern than Taipei...judging from the surface.

But the people,lol,like this gen2010,are obviously not as "modern".

Old 05-06-2014, 07:54 AM

Taipei looks like a second tier city in the mainland at best.
Most of the celebrities are making their living in Mainland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or