U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 03:19 AM

1,011 posts, read 631,524 times

Advertisements

before the 1970s, actually it was ROC that represents China. Now it is PRC that represents China in the UN.

Nothing wrong about it. In all history of UN, only one China exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
The independence movement is growing in Taiwan. If it wasn't for China's threats I don't think the UN would have any problems recognising the Republic of Taiwan/Formosa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2014, 03:26 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,276,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
before the 1970s, actually it was ROC that represents China. Now it is PRC that represents China in the UN.

Nothing wrong about it. In all history of UN, only one China exists.
I know. I think the UN and other nations could of course pretend that whoever governed China proper was the real China. To acknowledge Chinese Taipei as 'China' was of course absurd.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:18 PM

6,730 posts, read 6,623,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
^Yeah "in the future people there can claim they are from the most powerful nation in the world" is one of the stupidest "benefits" I've ever heard about unification.
And I don't think I can explain how Taiwanese feel about Taiwan better than you.That's about perfectly correct.
Again, you are a 台獨, so we don't share any value. As I mentioned, whether it is important depends on your ideology, if you really care to read my post.

However you don't represent all Taiwanese, and please don't pretend you do. I visited Taiwan online forums often, and people there often fight against each other too.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:33 PM

1,434 posts, read 2,120,891 times
For those Chinese who still dislike Japan for incidents that occurred 60-80 yrs ago.......GET OVER IT. If you still want revenge for a country, the only country that got NUKED, then you're a childish fool.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Again, you are a 台獨, so we don't share any value. As I mentioned, whether it is important depends on your ideology, if you really care to read my post.

However you don't represent all Taiwanese, and please don't pretend you do. I visited Taiwan online forums often, and people there often fight against each other too.

At least Taiwanese have the freedom to make such decisions unlike the Tibetans!

Old 05-07-2014, 12:38 PM

6,730 posts, read 6,623,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Few countries in the world allow their territory to be separate. Even Russia, by far the biggest country in the world, is still acquiring land.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:39 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,289,596 times
Quote:
For those Chinese who still dislike Japan for incidents that occurred 60-80 yrs ago.......GET OVER IT. If you still want revenge for a country, the only country that got NUKED, then you're a childish fool.
yeah, tell the Jews to get over the genocide by Nazis.

When one does something horrible, be prepared for it to linger for a very long time. It is too easy just to ask people to "get over it". People don't act that way.

I don't think it is about revenge per se. Not many Chinese are advocating killing average innocent Japanese for revenge. It is about mistrust. Plus, Japan is not really pro-China these days.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
yeah, tell the Jews to get over the genocide by Nazis.

When one does something horrible, be prepared for it to linger for a very long time. It is too easy just to ask people to "get over it". People don't act that way.

I don't think it is about revenge per se. Not many Chinese are advocating killing average innocent Japanese for revenge. It is about mistrust. Plus, Japan is not really pro-China these days.

I feel the same way about the Jews as well.

People won't get over it when you have media and gov't continuously droning the atrocities. How man young ppl lived thru Japanese occupation? Like I said "get over it."

Mistrust is a 2 way street. Ever wonder why Japan is not really pro-China these days? Japan has invested quite heavily in China. If they didn't trust you or feel comfortable with China, Japanese investments would not be on the same scale.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:20 AM

15 posts, read 15,175 times
Japan has never been pro-China in its history except the short period of Chinese culture influence more than 1000 years ago.

For the Japanese investments in China, both Japanese and Chinese just wanted to make money. China lacked capital in the past so had to rely on developed countries. They still not trust each other.
Quote:
I feel the same way about the Jews as well.
Mistrust is a 2 way street. Ever wonder why Japan is not really pro-China these days? Japan has invested quite heavily in China. If they didn't trust you or feel comfortable with China, Japanese investments would not be on the same scale.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:30 AM

1,011 posts, read 631,524 times
Taiwanese can make their own decision? You must be joking.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or