U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 02:34 AM

1,011 posts, read 628,757 times

Advertisements

If the Japanese keep denying the history, if the Japanese keep worshiping those war criminals, It is not just China who resent Japan. You see all the east and southeast asian countries have a negative view toward Japan. South Koreans even boycott Japanese made goods. Chinese are far tolerant in that sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
I feel the same way about the Jews as well.

People won't get over it when you have media and gov't continuously droning the atrocities. How man young ppl lived thru Japanese occupation? Like I said "get over it."

Mistrust is a 2 way street. Ever wonder why Japan is not really pro-China these days? Japan has invested quite heavily in China. If they didn't trust you or feel comfortable with China, Japanese investments would not be on the same scale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 12:00 PM

1,434 posts, read 2,117,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
If the Japanese keep denying the history, if the Japanese keep worshiping those war criminals, It is not just China who resent Japan. You see all the east and southeast asian countries have a negative view toward Japan. South Koreans even boycott Japanese made goods. Chinese are far tolerant in that sense.

Well its a part of their history good or bad. They paid the price. You don;t think the first and only nation to be nuked isnot enough? Its a warrior culture. A criminal to some, a hero to others.....like I said get over it.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:32 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,262,981 times
Quote:
Well its a part of their history good or bad. They paid the price. You don;t think the first and only nation to be nuked isnot enough? Its a warrior culture. A criminal to some, a hero to others.....like I said get over it.
The hatred is not about the wars.

England and France had centuries of wars but they don't hate each other. China had was with many of its neighbours before, there is no hatred. A large number of western countries have invaded China, taking land forcing the government to sign treaties, but few Chinese hate the British, French, Germans, Belgians, Spaniards etc nowdays.

What Japan did in China was beyond what civilians should expect to suffer during wars. You don't slaughter hundrends of thousands of defenseless civillians, including babies just because of a war. You don't conduct appaling medical experience on live human because there is a war. You don't gang rape hunreds of teenager girls when there is a war. Western power had war with China, but none of them did what Japan did.

People forget about wars with the passage of time. but it takes a much longer time if at all to forget such atrocities. And it adds to the pain if the perpetrating country is still workshiping those "heros".

I am not sure if they paid the price. Did they make any financial compensation to China to make up for it. The US nuked it, not China, and the US rebuit Japan and is now using it to antagonize China.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:51 AM

1,011 posts, read 628,757 times
I don't think they paid the price big enough. China suffered a casulty of more than 30 million at least. How about Japan? the 2 nukes only caused less than half a million

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or