U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-14-2013, 12:07 PM
 
32,055 posts, read 32,956,580 times
Reputation: 14944

Advertisements

Snow leaves citizens feeling abandoned - Israel News, Ynetnews
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-14-2013, 12:22 PM
 
Location: Duluth, Minnesota, USA
7,653 posts, read 15,328,985 times
Reputation: 6670
There are plenty of references to "snow" in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2013, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,353 posts, read 24,084,481 times
Reputation: 8864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
There are many non-Orthodox Jewish Israelis that live in Jerusalem and in the Greater Jerusalem area. Only 30% of population are ultra-Orthodox in Jerusalem...
It does not sound like you to come to the conclusion that if 30% is Ultra-Orthodox then the other 70% are 180 degrees in the other direction.


But if you want to quote numbers:


Quote:

Of
the Jews in Jerusalem, who according to the statistics make up around 62% of the
city’s population, 32% defined themselves as ultra-Orthodox, 21% as religious,
10% as traditional-religious
, 16% as not very religious, and 19% as totally
secular.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/capital-home-to-804400-jerusalem-day-stats-reveal/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2013, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,353 posts, read 24,084,481 times
Reputation: 8864
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2013, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Eretz Yisrael
21,353 posts, read 24,084,481 times
Reputation: 8864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post

On Friday night, Israelis don't want to eat dry goods for their Friday night dinner. They want fresh Challah and a nice cooked dinner.
And the problem is......


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2013, 06:14 AM
 
32,055 posts, read 32,956,580 times
Reputation: 14944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
It does not sound like you to come to the conclusion that if 30% is Ultra-Orthodox then the other 70% are 180 degrees in the other direction.


But if you want to quote numbers:




http://www.timesofisrael.com/capital-home-to-804400-jerusalem-day-stats-reveal/
Actually I have several non-religious (as well religious) relatives/friends that live in Jerusalem and surrounding area. Even the religious people use an electric hot plate during Shabbath and quite a few of them are reliant on electric heating.

18,000 Homes in Israel Still Without Power Due to Snow, 9,000 in Yerushalayim » Matzav.com - The Online Voice of Torah Jewry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top