Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:00 PM

409 posts, read 497,586 times

Advertisements

Anyways, since I'll be graduating from college in 2 yrs, I'm currently writing up my preliminary bucket list of sorts, One of which is to experience what a hostess club is like. However due to the proliferation of such clubs in Urban Japanese cities, I would have no idea which ones are reputable or good. Has any one been to one and have any to recommend? Preferably affordable to one making a starting accountants salary of 42k? (I'm low-balling it since being optimistic in your estimations are never helpful). Also since I'm Chinese-American, probably ones that actually allow foreigners in (obviously).
I heard that in the good clubs, the hostesses can make guests feel like this

Also, in a similar vein, Maid Cafe's are a dime a dozen in Akihabara, so any recommendations will be helpful.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-03-2014 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 03-02-2012, 10:27 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,605,540 times
theyre all pretty expensive from my understanding, out of your budget. and most of the hostess bars that allow foreigners primarily employee foreigners from my understanding, mainly pinays and such. you'd be better off just going to a less expensive country in the region. never been to a bar that was comparable to a hostess club in china, but the KTV's are pretty wild and somewhat similar.

if you want to feel like the bro in yer pic then go to a sauna in macau. sanado, east spa, rio, sauna 18, etc. theyre all good. sh(t will change your life bro.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:51 PM

Hmm...kk...maid cafes then? I'll prolly wait until my salary improves up to 80-90k before trying an expensive hostess club.

So I guess it'll be Akihabara -> Macau -> ???

Old 03-02-2012, 11:13 PM

1,412 posts, read 4,483,559 times
Akihabra is good. I would just stick with the ones that lure you in with the girls on the street. Those are the ones in the open and not in a seedy alley.

Also, head to S. Korea for cheap hostess fun or just play Yakuza 4 :P.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:27 PM

There are seedy maid cafes also?

Lol......

Old 03-02-2012, 11:47 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Are we talking 'full service' here?

Old 03-02-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
theyre all pretty expensive from my understanding, out of your budget. and most of the hostess bars that allow foreigners primarily employee foreigners from my understanding, mainly pinays and such. you'd be better off just going to a less expensive country in the region. never been to a bar that was comparable to a hostess club in china, but the KTV's are pretty wild and somewhat similar.

if you want to feel like the bro in yer pic then go to a sauna in macau. sanado, east spa, rio, sauna 18, etc. theyre all good. sh(t will change your life bro.
What happens in these Macanese saunas? Be cool to met a Macanese girl (mixed Portuguese with locals) .

Old 03-03-2012, 01:38 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,354,936 times
You might actually want to go to China for hostess clubs if you are ethnic Chinese. In Japan at least, the hostess clubs usually don't cater to foreigners. The ones that do are closer to Roppongi and can be seedier.

Asakasa, Roppongi, Ginza, and Harajuku have the most number of hostess clubs and most likely would be more open to hosting foreigners, even if you look Chinese or sound American. Just remember that these days the hostess clubs of kabukicho doing "happy endings" are gone. They still exist but in other areas, and many are run by yakuza types. Be careful if you go looking for those. And be sure to stress you're American if you go looking for hostess clubs ... if people assume you're Chinese then you're either a Triad trying to muscle in or a skimmer (credit card fraud).

There's a few websites for gaijin to check out what's going on and have reviews by other gaijin. Metropolis.co.jp is an english website meant for foreigners to see the scene and see what's going on. Sunnypages.jp is also another helpful website. Yelp is also getting in on the scene, barely.

Maid cafes in the "nerd" area of Akihabara are the most prolific and wide ranging. Make sure you do a little research ... there are more than one maid cafe with guys in drag! LOL. Unless that's your thing, I won't judge. I would simply echo the above and say for maid cafes simply walk through Akihabara and pick up some leaflets. I went to one with my wife and a friend of hers and it is an experience. Not one I'll repeat, but it was worth it.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:29 AM

1,412 posts, read 4,483,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicCoward View Post
There are seedy maid cafes also?

Lol......
There are. They really are just going to charge higher for any product they sale and perhaps stick you with a few extra things like adams apples. Remember you are a foreigner, it is much easier to pull the wool over your eyes then a native. If you read and speak Japanese this may not happen.

Also, as others have said, most hostess clubs will not cater to foreigners, especially Chinese. Remember Japan and China are not the best of friends, and a lot of Japanese especially the working generation feel Chinese are below them.

Also, if you are looking to get laid. Spring break is coming up, it should not be a problem if you head to Miami.

Also, how much have you saved for this trip? One day in Japan is very expensive. You can find some bargains, but even the bargains are expensive compared to a bargain in Chicago.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:06 PM

What actually happens in hostess clubs and what is a 'maid cafe?'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia