U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 02:54 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,688,998 times

Advertisements

1st appearance of this 'mon (no pun intended).

Susanoomon's evolution
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2019, 12:29 PM

Ok scifi action.

samurai deeper kyo intro

Old 06-14-2019, 12:12 PM

A classic.

Hellsing Opening [ORIGINAL]

Old 07-15-2019, 12:20 PM

Can't forget about this one.

Spectreman Theme Opening English Version

Old Today, 08:22 PM

978 posts, read 272,572 times
I recently finished an anthology of Chinese sci-fi stories. It's translated by the same guy who did two of the Three-Body books (and does include a couple Cixin Liu stories).

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrone2k View Post
I need to review all the posts here to look for things I'd like to read or watch. I've watched a bunch of South Korean TV shows and movies on Netflix. The closest things to sci-fi that I can remember are Psychokinesis and Love Cells, but those are more fantasy. There was another that was a 3-pack of tales, one was about zombies in love ... but I can't find it on Netflix anymore. What I've stumbled onto consists mainly of romantic comedies and a few dramas. I'd love to find more sci-fi.
There was one my mom was watching for a while on Netflix a couple years ago, but I can't for the life of me remember the name. (At least, I'm pretty sure it was Korean and not Chinese, as she was quite into Korean shows for a while.) Probably won't sound familiar to anyone, but it featured a young man who I believe was a med student and was interested in post-mortem science (which I seem to recall was considered taboo or shameful so he had to sort of hide it). His father was recently deceased (maybe under suspicious circumstances?) He teamed up with another young man who was apprentice to an older man whose profession was retrieving drowned bodies, and a young woman whose mother was a witch and was becoming one herself. It was sort of sci-fi (or maybe ghost-y), sort of mystery. I always got a slight steampunk vibe from it, even though it didn't really have steampunk styling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or