Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 01:56 PM

15 posts, read 23,770 times

Advertisements

Together with a couple of friends we're seriously considering traveling to Israel, and while spending a couple of days in Tel-Aviv doesn't raise any concerns we're really confused about visiting Jerusalem. And that's why we're looking for some first-hand information about the city. So, my first question is, does anyone on this board live in (or has recently traveled to) Jerusalem? We have a lot of questions about how to get to the city, how to get around, what areas should be avoided etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 08:31 AM

43,657 posts, read 44,375,612 times
There are no problems traveling to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv. There are frequent buses as well as shared taxis ("sherut") service. The best way to get around Jerusalem is by public transportation or on foot. In general Jerusalem like all cities is Israel is considered to be relatively safe crimewise.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:06 AM

254 posts, read 341,085 times
Default From Jerusalem

Hello,

My wife and I are dual citizens (USA / Israeli). We live in Jerusalem. We moved here last year and trust me, it is VERY VERY safe here. I lived in New york for 28 years and then Seattle for 28 years before moving here.
I can honestly tell you to put your mind to rest. The government does an excellent job with security from the bus stations, train stations, tourist sites, etc, etc. I am speaking from a professional position as I was a police officer in the USA.

You may also want to check Trip Advisor.com for any comments.

Come and enjoy. The people are wonderful and the sites spectacular!

Best

Old 07-04-2014, 09:55 PM

55 posts, read 138,772 times
Confused. Why are there several threads about Israel in the Asian section?

Old 07-05-2014, 02:43 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene_allen View Post
Confused. Why are there several threads about Israel in the Asian section?
Because Israel is part of Asia.

List of sovereign states and dependent territories in Asia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia