U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 10:01 PM

490 posts, read 1,500,427 times

Advertisements

I'm straight by the way, but I am curious to know, how is India like and how are Indian men like? Are they like Middle Eastern, Southern European, and Latin American men? Are the Indians also known for their short hot tempers, fiery passions, loudness, and flirtatiousness as these people?

I know this is not always 100% and that generalizations are bad, but I want to know about the Indian subcontinent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 10:02 PM

also I ask if they are culturally similar to the middle easterns, southern europeans, and latin americans because many of them actually look alot alike. Although with Latinos, I think they look more like Nepali than Indians.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:55 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,252,153 times
Indian is a nation of 1.2 billion, so there will be many exceptions. Stereotypically, though, Indian men are curious and forward, and can be very friendly and affectionate to you. They are very close with their male friends, and I get the feeling the sexes are still a little segregated. In some ways relations between the sexes are still very conservative and arranged marriage is common. There's the idea that they tend to stare at and harass western women, but I'm not sure how bad it is. They can be animated and expressive, but I don't think they're as hot-blooded as Middle Easterners.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Indian is a nation of 1.2 billion, so there will be many exceptions. Stereotypically, though, Indian men are curious and forward, and can be very friendly and affectionate to you. They are very close with their male friends, and I get the feeling the sexes are still a little segregated. In some ways relations between the sexes are still very conservative and arranged marriage is common. There's the idea that they tend to stare at and harass western women, but I'm not sure how bad it is. They can be animated and expressive, but I don't think they're as hot-blooded as Middle Easterners.
Today, well I saw an old friend from on of my classes, She is from Guangdong, China. I think Guangzhou. I haven't seen here in a while, but today I saw her, she was with like 3 Indian guys
what I noticed was that the Indian guy's behavior was SO, SO similar to that of a Mexican.

they were laughing and were kinda loud. Also, one of the guys told her, "I want you to be my girlfriend". The girl said no and that she can't and she didn't want to. He responded with "Hey, I didn't ask you"

I guess she was kind of annoyed but eventually gave as I saw her smile and kind of chuckle as she couldn't resist..Then they said let's go out, hang out. I don't know where they went but, I have a feeling a girl (without a girl friend) going to "hang out" with 3 guys only means one thing to me...

I guess either he conquered her, or got her like this like weeks ago.

I really couldn't help but notice how similar this is to Mexican guys. I wonder if this is typical in India or very uncommon?

Old 12-20-2013, 12:28 AM

and yes I liked her and had interest in her. Just tell me if it really is what I thought I saw so I can move on.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:36 AM

5,368 posts, read 5,155,070 times
Now this is a funny thread. Haha!

Move on. If you have to come here to ask this silly question, then just move on.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:01 AM

10,424 posts, read 12,425,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
Then they said let's go out, hang out. I don't know where they went but, I have a feeling a girl (without a girl friend) going to "hang out" with 3 guys only means one thing to me...

I guess either he conquered her, or got her like this like weeks ago.
Yeah saw a lot of stuff happen like this in Bangkok and Phuket (Thailand),
3 to 6 Indian guys negotiating on the street with 1-2 pro's,
Thinking they can safe some money (like 3 for 1 idk) or are they just Bi with their friends :confused

Old 12-20-2013, 06:43 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,194,173 times
i am indian and let me tell you, being indian is actually a great thing. we have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like any race. I for 1 am a great person, have great friends, and i take care of every one that is in my life and i am glad to do it, and for that i have people that love me around me. also, indian parents are one of the best parents you can have. sometimes they can be really strict, but they will take care of you no matter what, and they will buy you what ever it is that you need. as long as your not a selfish ****head. Also, we all have great jobs, lots of money and a family that we all love and take care off.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:52 PM

9,779 posts, read 13,361,441 times
Some of the kindest, most agreeable, most fair, and most cultured people I've ever met were Indian, as were some of the most boorish, pushy, arrogant, and conniving. I've seen Indians who were amazingly beautiful, and who were ugly. This isn't out of the ordinary at all, and seeing as there are well over a billion Indians around the globe and they're the second largest group by nationality, it makes sense that there would be such a spread.

My ex was half Punjabi Muslim and half Pakistani, and I generally found the men in her family and social circle to be cool and decent guys.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,907 times
I am a chinese and we hired two Indian men in our company. And I have to say that they are great. they are really great at what they do. They are devoted at work and they are also easy going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or