U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-24-2014, 03:21 AM
 
4,683 posts, read 3,612,199 times
Reputation: 7382

Advertisements

Check out Urumqi's population. It is Xinjiang's capital, but it is Han majority. Also, does it matter what the ethnicity of the victims are? The fact that you actually thought this way makes your thinking suspect.

In what way would my conclusion that the Uyghurs are problematic due to their terrorist behavior....like the knife attack recently and now this....constitute "totalitarian thinking"?

Do you actually know what the word means, exactly...or do you throw that around to try to smear other viewpoints?

Now back to the real topic.....I suspect those who are funding and energizing these Xinjiang terrorists are partly funded by Turkey, and partly supported by our friends at the CIA, which has a long and glorious history of supporting those sort of things in China since.....forever.

 
Old 05-24-2014, 04:29 AM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,779 posts, read 13,353,482 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Check out Urumqi's population. It is Xinjiang's capital, but it is Han majority. Also, does it matter what the ethnicity of the victims are? The fact that you actually thought this way makes your thinking suspect.

In what way would my conclusion that the Uyghurs are problematic due to their terrorist behavior....like the knife attack recently and now this....constitute "totalitarian thinking"?

Do you actually know what the word means, exactly...or do you throw that around to try to smear other viewpoints?

Now back to the real topic.....I suspect those who are funding and energizing these Xinjiang terrorists are partly funded by Turkey, and partly supported by our friends at the CIA, which has a long and glorious history of supporting those sort of things in China since.....forever.
Lol, "I'm not racist, you're racist!" Says the racist.

What does it matter what race or ethnicity they are? It doesn't at all, but tell me what the point is on seeking revenge on an entire race of people for a terrorist attack when most of the people harmed by that attack were probably that group to begin with.

And no, I've never actually looked up the word totalitarian. Ever. I just like the ring it has to it. There is nothing about your opinions that even remotely enters the orbit of totalitarianism. Now you tell me why it's okay to punish the totality of an ethicity because an extremely small minority engage in crime, in a remotely logical fashion.
 
Old 05-24-2014, 06:18 AM
 
4,683 posts, read 3,612,199 times
Reputation: 7382
"Okay, so you've got basically the same racist, totalitarian mindset as the people you purport to oppose."

So, you are basically name calling without even bother trying to use the right words with the right definition? And I am supposed to take you seriously?

The fact that you even brought up the ethnicity of those hurt and killed suggests that you actually think it is ok for terrorists to randomly kill dozens so long as the victims are of the same ethnicity. So, you are saying that the Han Chinese should do nothing because ...you know, let those muslim Turks kill each other. Who cares.
 
Old 05-25-2014, 12:16 AM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,779 posts, read 13,353,482 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
"Okay, so you've got basically the same racist, totalitarian mindset as the people you purport to oppose."

So, you are basically name calling without even bother trying to use the right words with the right definition? And I am supposed to take you seriously?
Sarcasm, dude. Sarcasm.

From the almighty wiki: "Totalitarianism or totalitarian state is a concept used by some political scientists to describe a political system in which the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life wherever possible."

I'm well aware what the word means and it is in total context here since you, like the separatists, advocate the a society in which the state selects what rights are available to individuals based on things such as race, ethnicity, or religion, and that any divergence or dissention is dealt with swiftly and that whether or not someone is actually guilty of the crime(s) in.question, their treatment is justified by the end goal.

Re: name calling... aren't you the person who responds by asking peope if they're retarded?

Quote:
The fact that you even brought up the ethnicity of those hurt and killed suggests that you actually think it is ok for terrorists to randomly kill dozens so long as the victims are of the same ethnicity. So, you are saying that the Han Chinese should do nothing because ...you know, let those muslim Turks kill each other. Who cares.
You are utterly pathological when it comes to deflection.

You say something racist. I point out that it's racist. You attempt to justify it. I pose a question that highlights the hypocrisy of your beliefs. You try to accuse me of being a racist for reacting to your racism.

Now answer my question.

Last edited by 415_s2k; 05-25-2014 at 12:27 AM..
 
Old 05-25-2014, 12:19 AM
 
Location: Taipei
6,773 posts, read 5,119,529 times
Reputation: 4565
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Re: name calling... aren't you the person who responds by asking peope if they're retarded?
No,that was gen2010.
 
Old 05-25-2014, 12:24 AM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,779 posts, read 13,353,482 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
No,that was gen2010.
Was it? It can be hard to keep them straight at times.
 
Old 05-25-2014, 12:28 AM
 
Location: Taipei
6,773 posts, read 5,119,529 times
Reputation: 4565
Yeah here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
You are saying Japan's claim on these islands is valid because Nixon said so? Moderator cut: personal attack
gen2010 is the most aggressive and rude among them all,that's how I get them straight lol.
 
Old 05-25-2014, 12:41 AM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,779 posts, read 13,353,482 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Yeah here


gen2010 is the most aggressive and rude among them all,that's how I get them straight lol.
Gotcha. I'll have to remember that. I extend my sincerest apologies to pennyone and eagerly await his answer.
 
Old 05-27-2014, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Mount of Showing the Way
1,953 posts, read 2,069,636 times
Reputation: 615
Tibetan Monks Believed to Be in Failing Health in Jail.
 
Old 05-31-2014, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Mount of Showing the Way
1,953 posts, read 2,069,636 times
Reputation: 615

Indian Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru greets the Dalai Lama and Tibetans ...HD Stock Footage - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top