U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 02:43 PM

6,726 posts, read 6,604,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
is it "some Tibetans", or it is just you who simply wants whatever bad things happen to China.

Trust me, it won't. China persevered for thousands of years, longer than almost all countries existing today and it will continue prospering. Your wishful thinking means absolutely nothing.

What exactly do the Tibetans GAIN from China's collapse? Seriously, China's collapse absolutely does no country any good.
All Tibet's neighboring countries are dirty poor and many are chaotic.

Tibet has no coastline, not much arable land, and no oil, no mines, no modern industry...
People are not well educated, and many stick to the fundamentalist religion.

It will definitely be the poorest country in Asia if it gets independent.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:25 PM

4,516 posts, read 3,097,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Yes I know many people including you want China to fail.
That is why we 1.3 billion Chinese must be cautious and fight back whenever possible. Fortunately we have more people than Europe and North America combined and thus will not be another USSR.
That didn't stop the Japanese from invading twice! Didn't stop the mongols either.

Quote:
is it "some Tibetans", or it is just you who simply wants whatever bad things happen to China.

Trust me, it won't. China persevered for thousands of years, longer than almost all countries existing today and it will continue prospering. Your wishful thinking means absolutely nothing.

What exactly do the Tibetans GAIN from China's collapse? Seriously, China's collapse absolutely does no country any good.
They gain independence. Having the red dragon collapse makes it easier to exploit China. Think of all those rare earths for radar, cellphones, and ps4s!

Quote:
keep dreaming.
Why? Uighars seem to be determined thanks to the red dragon funding pak jihad.

Deadly clash in China: An ambush by Uighurs or a government massacre? - LA Times

I think its karma. never trust a communist.

Quote:
All Tibet's neighboring countries are dirty poor and many are chaotic.

Tibet has no coastline, not much arable land, and no oil, no mines, no modern industry...
People are not well educated, and many stick to the fundamentalist religion.

It will definitely be the poorest country in Asia if it gets independent.
China is still dirty and chaotic. There's also still a lot of poor and most the population can barely speak mandarin. What's you're point? I think bangladesh will remain the poorest. Not really worried about a fundamentalist buddhist unless they go burmese 969 movement or sri lankan xenophobia.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:28 PM

78,674 posts, read 70,531,500 times
Quote:
How many times have you used the term "red China" in your post? lol
And you want people to take you seriously?
Point taken, but "red China" isn't redundant. It's one way to differentiate between the PRC and the "other China", the ROC.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
That didn't stop the Japanese from invading twice! Didn't stop the mongols either.
Nor did it stop the Jurchens/Manchus from invading and taking over, twice.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:33 PM

Quote:

No, it's not me. Yes, I know it won't. I was sharing some inside info on the totally unrealistic expectations of the Tibetan elite. The DL talks publicly about "internal autonomy" within China for Tibet, but that's not what is discussed privately, nor was it what Tibet pushed for at the United Nations, until more recently. .

I've said before, I think China has done Tibet a lot of good, along with the chaos of the Cultural Revolution, and other problems. India allows Tibetan communities to get away with a lot of abuses that China doesn't allow. China needs to build more rural schools in Tibet, so children will have alternatives to a monastic education and a monastic life.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Nor did it stop the Jurchens/Manchus from invading and taking over, twice.
So you guys admit China has always been a multi-national country? Good.
China has never been Han's country only. Never.
All big empires went up and down, and basically only China and several others have survived till today.

I know it drives you crazy but China is the 2nd most powerful country in the entire world LOL
China's GDP will be No.1 in just a few years.

My condolence to you guys.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:31 PM

4,516 posts, read 3,097,762 times
Quote:
So you guys admit China has always been a multi-national country? Good.
China has never been Han's country only. Never.
All big empires went up and down, and basically only China and several others have survived till today.

I know it drives you crazy but China is the 2nd most powerful country in the entire world LOL
China's GDP will be No.1 in just a few years.

My condolence to you guys.
The 2nd most powerful that still fears Japan and got a bloody nose from the vietnamese. PLA can't even tame the uighers. Should have listened to Deng xiaoping. The CCP shakes in their boots about the Dalia Llama, an old man that sits in India. Never trust a communist. My condelence to you're red han nationalism while you stay in a western country.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
The 2nd most powerful that still fears Japan and got a bloody nose from the vietnamese. PLA can't even tame the uighers. Should have listened to Deng xiaoping. The CCP shakes in their boots about the Dalia Llama, an old man that sits in India. Never trust a communist. My condelence to you're red han nationalism while you stay in a western country.
I hold China passport and will always be a Chinese.
China is not only Han's country, but motherland for all ethnic groups who love China.

You sound quite bitter.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:07 AM

6,774 posts, read 5,121,205 times
Quote:
I hold China passport and will always be a Chinese.
China is not only Han's country, but motherland for all ethnic groups who love China.

You sound quite bitter.
Apparently not every ethnic group loves this (disgusting) holy motherland as much as you do,that's where all these problems come from.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Apparently not every ethnic group loves this (disgusting) holy motherland as much as you do,that's where all these problems come from.
Even among Uyghurs, only a minority of them want to be "independent".
I bet you know no Uyghur, but I know plenty.

Some Taiwanese are very confused with respect to nationality. Even Koreans look down upon Taiwanese on this issue: Koreans dislike Japanese but Taiwanese 哈日, which speaks volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or