U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 12:14 PM

6,722 posts, read 6,599,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerez View Post
I just hope this thread doesn't degrade to arguing about the racism of the poster instead of arguing about the point like 99% of threads about comparison.
Equality is rare in nature and with inequality comparison begs the question. This is a valid question plain and simple.
I'm gonna give my POV from dealing with both:
Chinese are shy, which also means they feel a bit friendlier, not talkative, and polite. It is true they are less socially adept (I would never call such a thing social "intelligence"). Note that these characteristics are correlated with intelligence proper, which agrees with my experience. Chinese are more intelligent proper than Indians.
Indians are more social, some of them, not all, can give the impression of rudeness. They are better in trade and less hard-working.

Both can be physically identified with equal certainty. Eventhough Indians are Caucasoid, they are a heck of a lot different looking than Europeans and Americans of European origin.
I don't think Chinese in China are shy. They are as talkative and direct as Americans, especially in north China.
Chinese Americans may be shy, due to undesirable social environment.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:02 PM

14,724 posts, read 10,616,557 times

These threads are no longer allowed per the forum guidelines.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or