U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 10:49 AM

6 posts, read 6,434 times

Advertisements

Hi, I thing Malaysia is the now working spot for Asia. Singapore is one of them.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2014, 07:33 AM

41 posts, read 41,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csteow View Post
Yes, me too.. Singapore is good choose... see what happen after recent election .... increase price in oil, sugar, water and electricity bill....some more will coming...Living standard as high as Singapore...You still able to have S$2 chicken rice in Singapore but not ever RM6 in KL city....

Living in Malaysia especially KL city, no safe feeling... have to be alert all the time ...
Is it? Instead of Singapore's high income, also need to pay double price than Malaysia. Why must buy chicken rice in KL? Theres other places such as Penang with variety low cost food. and no forget, THE FOOD ARE TASTY

Old 05-09-2016, 10:25 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,169,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I'd choose Singapore, because of convenience (even in KL it's harder to get around without a car), I'm more used to it, it is a bit safer, food is still great, better infrastructure.etc and still close to Malaysia or anywhere in SEA by air if you want to get away. But Malaysia is probably one of the best countries in SEA to live and work, all things considered.
How about another city in Malaysia where you wouldn't need a car? Like Penang, or somewhere like that?

Old 05-09-2016, 11:45 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,272,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RahmanToursUK View Post
I like Malaysia as compare to Singapore. because it has many seasons..
Malaysia have many seasons ? Somebody is dreaming here

Old 05-10-2016, 02:40 AM

33 posts, read 45,933 times
Singapore because I could never live or work in Malaysia, I even struggle to stay after a few days.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:09 AM

6,776 posts, read 5,124,525 times
Out of these two, easily Singapore.

Old 05-15-2016, 02:02 PM

4,338 posts, read 2,266,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavechin View Post
I've been working in these 2 countries and it comes to a point that I need to choose a country to settle down. I am Malaysian and I love my country very much but when looking from the other point of view, most of the data shows I should stay at Singapore.

Here are some pointers for discussion.

Malaysia:
  • More natural places for side seeing, relax
  • People are friendly
  • Food is good
  • Closer to Family
Singapore:
  • Safer and more developed country to live in
  • Good infrastructures
  • Better work opportunity
  • Cost of living lower
What says you???
It is a bit of a catch-22. You can get much higher paying jobs in Singapore but of course the COL in Singapore is huge (compared to their neighbors). I think I would base my decision on where I could make the most money/have the best job.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:11 PM

721 posts, read 299,933 times
I would choose Singapore if I had a salary that was sufficient to live there comfortably. The draw of Malaysia is that it is much less expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or