U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-06-2017, 12:36 PM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,424 posts, read 12,425,000 times
Reputation: 4857

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
many chinese cities have better quality of life than in Japan.

 
Old 06-06-2017, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Macao
15,945 posts, read 36,175,100 times
Reputation: 9483
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
who told you Japan is 9 and China is 3? many chinese cities have better quality of life than in Japan.
You've definitely never lived in Japan. From the above statement, sounds like you've never even been to Japan.

Anyways, back to the OP, if Japan is a 9, and China is a 3, I'd give Vietnam a 4.5.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 08:47 AM
 
4,665 posts, read 2,642,189 times
Reputation: 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
who told you Japan is 9 and China is 3? many chinese cities have better quality of life than in Japan.
What Chinese cities are better then Japanese cities? Hong Kong and Macau, maybe? Does any mainland China city have a better quality of life then Hong Kong? I'd say no.

I'd say it's delusional to say "many" Chinese cities are better then Japanese cities. I can't think of a single Chinese city that is better then any Japanese city. Hong Kong and Macau may be comparable, but certainly not better.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 10:55 PM
 
661 posts, read 584,354 times
Reputation: 713
Gen2010 is a Chinese national who just continues to defend everything regarding China. Take a look at his other posts. Nothing wrong with defending his home country, but doesn't make his comments very reliable.
 
Old 06-08-2017, 02:03 AM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,779 posts, read 13,361,441 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
Gen2010 is a Chinese national who just continues to defend everything regarding China. Take a look at his other posts. Nothing wrong with defending his home country, but doesn't make his comments very reliable.
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.

I love Guangzhou, and the CBD is modern, clean, and generally well-run and maintained to an at least acceptable degree, but, get outside the CBD and you have areas with poorly-maintained roads and sidewalks, ramshackle infrastructure, astonishing levels of filth, etc. There are parts of Haizhu, Panyu, Huangpu, and Baiyun that look and function closer to, well, Vietnam than Japan or any other developed place. There's no district or area of any major or even minor Japanese city like that... this is something that even people who live in China acknowledge freely.
 
Old 06-08-2017, 03:27 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Pennsylvania / Dull Germany
2,214 posts, read 2,633,789 times
Reputation: 2090
I do not know that much about Vietnam but comparing China with Japan in terms of quality of life - especially as a foreigner - is ridiculous. Japans cities are clean, have fresh air, people are friendly and polite, public transport is efficient. Chinas cities are polluted, traffic is horrible, people are often rude, and especially Shanghai and Beijing are ridiculously expensive for what they offer and as a foreigner you are getting ripped off from every shop owner, restaurant, taxi driver.

I never forget being a bit lost in Osaka once at later evening, and then without knowing any Japanese trying to get a taxi back to my hotel. The driver was wearing white gloves, offered me a handkerchief for my sweating forehead, then brought me back in style with efficient credit card payment, not a penny more than what is the declared price.

Taking a taxi in China is a different story - you always have to negotiate, deal with drivers that tell you, you have to pay toll or extra fees even though there are none, that refuse to take more than 2 people because they have some deals with other taxi drivers, then they will drive like hell, open the door to spit on the road at a traffic light, and in the end shout at you when you do not get ouf their car quickly enough. And you will never get a fair price. I just do not want to deal with those kind of people and countries where getting your right depends on being the loudest or strongest.

I also prefer the fresh climate of Japan than southern Chinese heat and humidity.

The Rating of Tiger Beer - 9, 3 and 4,5 sounds quite reasonable for the three countries.
 
Old 06-08-2017, 06:42 AM
F18
 
552 posts, read 389,012 times
Reputation: 419
[quote=Tiger Beer;48408299]Vietnam is a not a quiet country. The roar of motorbikes starts at 5am and doesn't stop until 10pm, but than you'll start hearing motorbike racing after hours when the streets start to clear up a bit.

It's a very very loud country.
[quote]

OMG that's so true. Motorbikes and horn sounds everywhere! Crossing the road in Vietnam is truly an adventure. Still, I really liked Vietnam and hope to comeback someday.
 
Old 06-08-2017, 10:09 AM
 
1,011 posts, read 629,395 times
Reputation: 283
you think OP rates Japan as 9 and China as 3 is reliable?

many cities in China have higher quality of life than Japan

If you think HK has pretty much the same level of life quality as Japan,
then Shanghai, beijing, shenzhen all have similar level of life quality as HK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeinChina View Post
Gen2010 is a Chinese national who just continues to defend everything regarding China. Take a look at his other posts. Nothing wrong with defending his home country, but doesn't make his comments very reliable.
 
Old 06-08-2017, 10:11 AM
 
1,011 posts, read 629,395 times
Reputation: 283
ask any Chinese. they would think life quality in CHina is higher than Japan.

If you like eating nuke contaminated food, go to japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
I do not know that much about Vietnam but comparing China with Japan in terms of quality of life - especially as a foreigner - is ridiculous. Japans cities are clean, have fresh air, people are friendly and polite, public transport is efficient. Chinas cities are polluted, traffic is horrible, people are often rude, and especially Shanghai and Beijing are ridiculously expensive for what they offer and as a foreigner you are getting ripped off from every shop owner, restaurant, taxi driver.

I never forget being a bit lost in Osaka once at later evening, and then without knowing any Japanese trying to get a taxi back to my hotel. The driver was wearing white gloves, offered me a handkerchief for my sweating forehead, then brought me back in style with efficient credit card payment, not a penny more than what is the declared price.

Taking a taxi in China is a different story - you always have to negotiate, deal with drivers that tell you, you have to pay toll or extra fees even though there are none, that refuse to take more than 2 people because they have some deals with other taxi drivers, then they will drive like hell, open the door to spit on the road at a traffic light, and in the end shout at you when you do not get ouf their car quickly enough. And you will never get a fair price. I just do not want to deal with those kind of people and countries where getting your right depends on being the loudest or strongest.

I also prefer the fresh climate of Japan than southern Chinese heat and humidity.

The Rating of Tiger Beer - 9, 3 and 4,5 sounds quite reasonable for the three countries.
 
Old 06-08-2017, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Pennsylvania / Dull Germany
2,214 posts, read 2,633,789 times
Reputation: 2090
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
ask any Chinese. they would think life quality in CHina is higher than Japan.

If you like eating nuke contaminated food, go to japan
Oh, I believe you that Chinese may think like that. Thats why I'd rather ask non-Chinese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top