U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 03:16 AM

65 posts, read 74,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
Which Asian countries are these? If you mean China and the Koreas, you are correct; if you mean all of Asia, this is definitely NOT true. The Philippines have great relations with Japan and in fact a lot of Filipinos are pro Japanese. Taiwan is also known for being very pro Japanese while being anti Chinese and anti Korean. Thais also like the Japanese and Vietnam and the rest of Southeast Asia do not have any specific hatred towards the Japanese. 82% of Indonesians in a BBC poll said that Japan has a positive influence around the world. A lot of HKers also have more animosity towards the Mainland Chinese than the Japanese btw.
I know a lot of HK people including myself would rather have the Japanese in Hong Kong than the Mainland Chinese
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 12:16 AM

448 posts, read 499,665 times
Japanese is a very small minority group in HK, and most of them actually cannot speak fluent Cantonese/Mandarin. Their english level is generally not high too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
on closer inspection, they were actually Japanese women who spoke fluent Cantonese/Mandarin...

Old 01-12-2014, 07:42 AM

15,945 posts, read 36,169,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Alex View Post
I was wondering about Hong Kong lately,my family members who live there tell me the Japanese people mainly the youth of both genders are starting to shift in and like the place and also when I had a look at MOFA (Japan Ministry of Foreign Affairs),it seems Hong Kong has a population of at least 21,000,I wonder if in the near future,Hong Kong will be more desirable for the Japanese people?

http://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/toko/tok.../10/pdfs/1.pdf
If they are in HK in that kind of numbers, they don't seem very noticeable.

Old 01-13-2014, 06:27 AM

90 posts, read 177,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
Which Asian countries are these? If you mean China and the Koreas, you are correct; if you mean all of Asia, this is definitely NOT true. The Philippines have great relations with Japan and in fact a lot of Filipinos are pro Japanese. Taiwan is also known for being very pro Japanese while being anti Chinese and anti Korean. Thais also like the Japanese and Vietnam and the rest of Southeast Asia do not have any specific hatred towards the Japanese. 82% of Indonesians in a BBC poll said that Japan has a positive influence around the world. A lot of HKers also have more animosity towards the Mainland Chinese than the Japanese btw.
Japan's one saving grace is that China is being even more bellicose in the region. Taiwan and HK however are not pro-Japan. HK/Taiwan/China all share the same territorial views namely in regards to the Senkakus/Diaoyu. It is more a matter of having more exposure to Japanese people and realize that every country has diverse views.

Old 01-18-2014, 03:05 AM

65 posts, read 74,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofangel View Post
Japan's one saving grace is that China is being even more bellicose in the region. Taiwan and HK however are not pro-Japan. HK/Taiwan/China all share the same territorial views namely in regards to the Senkakus/Diaoyu. It is more a matter of having more exposure to Japanese people and realize that every country has diverse views.
Are you aware some Hong Kong people are more open to the Japanese than Mainland Chinese?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or