U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 08:02 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,438,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'd prefer being strip searched to being gang raped which seems to be a problem of epidemic proportions in India.

BBC News - India: Two held over gang rape of Danish woman in Delhi

Perhaps the U.S. should have told the lady they'd be happy to drop her off right smack in the middle of the New Delhi Bazaar to let her take her chances with her own kind.
Well, she was stripsearched by the US. The US isn't quite a rape-free nation. The fact that it has more rapes per capita than India, should be concerning enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 08:06 PM

520 posts, read 502,063 times
As Scobby has pointed out, there may be more to this story than meets the eye. Apparently, this is not an uncommon practice in the consulates in NYC and she was obviously singled out for a reason.

Still, I can't help seeing this as a supposedly suave, sophisticated consul who got punked by her maid. Ouch!

Old 01-20-2014, 08:08 PM

24,503 posts, read 35,438,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Don't go into a country and break its laws, you won't get strip searched.
She broke the law and deserves to be identified as a criminal. But the the police officers should follow the nations policy when dealing with diplomats and consulates . The policy is to detain the criminal and alert federal authorities before proceeding further. In this case, federal authorities were not consulted.

Old 01-25-2014, 12:53 AM

4,517 posts, read 3,099,103 times
Has anyone noticed that the prosecutor Preet Bharara goes after High profile indian people? I wonder if he's some kind of uncle tom or trying to governor of New York.

http://www.firstpost.com/world/is-us...r-1295701.html

Last edited by Dangerous-Boy; 01-25-2014 at 01:21 AM..

Old 01-26-2014, 01:13 PM

6,585 posts, read 10,894,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Well, she was stripsearched by the US. The US isn't quite a rape-free nation. The fact that it has more rapes per capita than India, should be concerning enough.
Get your facts straight. She was not strip searched.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:22 AM

4,654 posts, read 3,709,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Has anyone noticed that the prosecutor Preet Bharara goes after High profile indian people? I wonder if he's some kind of uncle tom or trying to governor of New York.

Is US attorney Preet Bharara using the Khobragade case for a political career? | Firstpost
Maybe,if he's originally from India,he may have a beef with some indian officials,who knows,since we don't know all the facts in details,i'm sure there are other things behind the whole story,anyway it's getting nasty and India is striking back.
India is a huge market for us goods and export,the US may end up being on the loosing side

Old 01-29-2014, 05:43 PM

520 posts, read 502,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Maybe,if he's originally from India,he may have a beef with some indian officials,who knows,since we don't know all the facts in details,i'm sure there are other things behind the whole story,anyway it's getting nasty and India is striking back.
India is a huge market for us goods and export,the US may end up being on the loosing side
I think this will blow over, if it already hasn't. But my question is, what's with all the pouty lipped come hither poses in just about every picture you see of her?

Old 01-29-2014, 06:13 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,244,676 times
Maid is hot! haha

Old 02-13-2014, 10:04 AM

4,517 posts, read 3,099,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Maid is hot! haha
maid was ugly. The diplomat was MILF. Who wouldn't want to strip search her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia