U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2014, 05:51 PM
 
288 posts, read 374,435 times
Reputation: 157

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
There's nothing wrong with it unless the animals in question are endangered. The should bring back fox hunting in England and continue to club baby seals in Canada as well! I'd actually be interested in doing some whaling the old fashioned way with a non-endangered species purely for sport.
you and I know what's wrong with you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-26-2014, 05:52 PM
 
288 posts, read 374,435 times
Reputation: 157
please sign and share, the sooner this petition is 'filled', the better
(I hope it's okay to post a petition to end cruelty to animals?)

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-down/RFl50vZY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2014, 06:11 PM
 
288 posts, read 374,435 times
Reputation: 157
from the red carpet to the red cove live now, help stop the slaughter Livestream | Sea Shepherd USA #tweet4taiji 8:10 pm EST pimped out for selection to be transported to aquariums around the world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2014, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Jersey
2,296 posts, read 3,396,020 times
Reputation: 2031
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico777 View Post
you and I know what's wrong with you
Enlighten me. In regard to the Japanese dolphin hunt, it's up to the Japanese to judge the merits of it; and they don't shouldn't take any condescending banter about "barbarism" into account when judging the merits of it.

I've never understood animal rights activists. We live in the world where there are millions of victims of sex and human trafficking, racism and persecution against minorities is still fairly common, hundreds of millions of women lack any meaningful legal rights, billions live in poverty, and war and genocide affects millions; but here you are going on and on about the audacity of a bunch of aquatic animals being rounded up.

I simply don't care as long as they aren't endangered; and yes, I'd be interested in hunting whales the old fashioned way purely for the sport of it!!!

Last edited by TylerJAX; 01-26-2014 at 07:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 12:35 AM
 
4,654 posts, read 3,707,571 times
Reputation: 1408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
Very little of it is to do with food. The majority of Japanese don't eat whale meat and this is why they say it is for scientific research. Anyway I don't know why people kill such intelligent creatures in such a barbaric fashion.

I hope this practice stops. The sooner the better.
I'm not japanese but i would say,we have to be fair to the japanese,is a dog an intelligent creature ?

Nobody raises hell about South Korea,China and other South asian countries when they kill millions of cats and dogs or is it pick and choose thing ?

Inuit of Alaska,Northwest US and Canada still hunt whales for no reasons than traditions,nobody talks about these 2 countries.

If you want to show some kind of humanity,compassion and apply some kind of rules then apply these rules to every country with equal force
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 01:43 AM
 
495 posts, read 572,970 times
Reputation: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Enlighten me. In regard to the Japanese dolphin hunt, it's up to the Japanese to judge the merits of it; and they don't shouldn't take any condescending banter about "barbarism" into account when judging the merits of it.

I've never understood animal rights activists. We live in the world where there are millions of victims of sex and human trafficking, racism and persecution against minorities is still fairly common, hundreds of millions of women lack any meaningful legal rights, billions live in poverty, and war and genocide affects millions; but here you are going on and on about the audacity of a bunch of aquatic animals being rounded up.

I simply don't care as long as they aren't endangered; and yes, I'd be interested in hunting whales the old fashioned way purely for the sport of it!!!

Because humans should know better and animals can't help themselves against us because of our tech. I often do not feel sorry for people in most cases because as the saying goes " people get the government(or culture) they deserve." The whole world could become a laid back peaceful place tomorrow if it truly wanted to. But it wont because we humans have a f,,,ed up relationship with violence. Some people would not get their naughty parts tingly or the world would be too boring without violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 02:53 AM
 
2,646 posts, read 4,064,119 times
Reputation: 2447
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
I'm not japanese but i would say,we have to be fair to the japanese,is a dog an intelligent creature ?

Nobody raises hell about South Korea,China and other South asian countries when they kill millions of cats and dogs or is it pick and choose thing ?

Inuit of Alaska,Northwest US and Canada still hunt whales for no reasons than traditions,nobody talks about these 2 countries.

If you want to show some kind of humanity,compassion and apply some kind of rules then apply these rules to every country with equal force
People always bring this up when someone complains about cruelty to a specific group of animals. I'm against all animal cruely. Yes I am concerned about millions of cats and dogs being killed for food. I also hate what happens to cattle and sheep and I'm against the Live Export of Animals in Australia where we are constantly seeing how cruel and barbarbic are some of the ways they are slaughtered.

I don't eat meat since I saw how cattle were slaughtered in Indonesian abattoirs in 2011. I know that people aren't going to stop killing animals but I think most people don't like needless cruelty. Perhaps in the future people will be a bit more sensitive about their treatment of all animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 02:56 AM
 
2,646 posts, read 4,064,119 times
Reputation: 2447
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Enlighten me. In regard to the Japanese dolphin hunt, it's up to the Japanese to judge the merits of it; and they don't shouldn't take any condescending banter about "barbarism" into account when judging the merits of it.

I've never understood animal rights activists. We live in the world where there are millions of victims of sex and human trafficking, racism and persecution against minorities is still fairly common, hundreds of millions of women lack any meaningful legal rights, billions live in poverty, and war and genocide affects millions; but here you are going on and on about the audacity of a bunch of aquatic animals being rounded up.

I simply don't care as long as they aren't endangered; and yes, I'd be interested in hunting whales the old fashioned way purely for the sport of it!!!
I agree with the words of Mahatma Ghandi “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

People that treat animals cruelly usually don't have any problems treating people cruelly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 12:16 PM
 
563 posts, read 458,243 times
Reputation: 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
I'm not japanese but i would say,we have to be fair to the japanese,is a dog an intelligent creature ?

Nobody raises hell about South Korea,China and other South asian countries when they kill millions of cats and dogs or is it pick and choose thing ?

Inuit of Alaska,Northwest US and Canada still hunt whales for no reasons than traditions,nobody talks about these 2 countries.

If you want to show some kind of humanity,compassion and apply some kind of rules then apply these rules to every country with equal force
I think this whole fuss about the dolphins is ridiculous...

How can you judge? People are being so hypocrites... stating that you shouldn't kill dolphins just because it's against their beliefs...

What about cows?! Do we see the indians making international pressure for the western world to stop killing cows?

If your argument is going to be "but they are such an intelligent creature, it should be stopped" ... well then what about PIGS!?

We eat and slaughter pigs every day by the millions and we don't see many people advocating for them... and nonetheless a PIG is considered one of the most intelligent creatures on the planet only AFTER humans and chimps ...

AS LONG, as the species is not endangered then I don't see nothing wrong... which by the way the dolphin is not an endagered species except for the Ganges river dolphin and some other I don't recall.

Most meat is going to go for consumption, it's not only for sport but it goes to the food industry as well.

I don't know if the method used is cruel or not, but most people aren't voicing against the supposely cruelty of the act but much more so of the fact of killing a dolphin.

Would it help if they killed the dolphins in a less cruel way? My bet would be that even so, there would be voicing against it just because it's an anmal that the Western world is not accustomed to see as part of their food chain, and therefore has a higher emotional connection towards it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2014, 05:32 PM
 
288 posts, read 374,435 times
Reputation: 157
live stream is up Livestream | Sea Shepherd USA 7:31 EST
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top