Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 08:00 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Yeah i know... Do participate in CHingay when you are here since it happen to fall during your visit ..

As mentioned.. National Day and F1 are the other good periods to visit Singapore
My auntie left a few days ago, and she's excited about all that NY stuff. My mum tells me about what a big thing CNY was when they were growing up. It was the one time of year they felt rich, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 08:09 PM

215 posts, read 378,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
I was there for a few days, several years ago. I thought it was about the most boring place I've ever visited. It was very clean, but not interesting...sterile. We spent a full day at the zoo, which is very nice. Ordinarily I wouldn't be very interested in a zoo, but it was the best thing we could find to do there. On the same trip we visited Kyoto, Hong Kong, Canton, Seoul, Jakarta, Bali, Kuala Lumpur, & Bangkok. All of them were better. A Singapore Sling at Raffles Hotel; Chicken Rice at Bugis Village; a city tour; a night market. And the zoo...
Ok, can we get this thread back on topic?

Futuremauian, Could you dm me? I want to ask more questions about Singapore.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:14 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,825,968 times
Hi The Lunatic & A therapist

I am from SIngapore and live and work here.. What in particular do you want to know about Singapore..

Definitely i can help.. Wanna be a good host to visitors.

Several years ago there were not so many interesting places to visit here.. Singapore Flyers and Gardens By the Bay just opened this 2 years or so and attract many visitors.

Experience several years ago may not be so relevant...

Old 01-30-2014, 08:21 PM

Singapore Travel Guide - Must-See Attractions - YouTube

Old 01-30-2014, 08:22 PM

Why aren't you interested in Malaysia, if I may ask?

Old 01-31-2014, 10:41 PM

294 posts, read 476,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lunatic & A Therapist View Post
I am not really interested in Asian food in general - Japanese, Thai, Chinese. Etc. I hate Indian food!
All further comments by this user are now invalid for me.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Why aren't you interested in Malaysia, if I may ask?
Thirdworldish/Unsafe country IMHO. This thread isn't about Malaysia though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guawazi View Post
All further comments by this user are now invalid for me.
Well, I have tried them all at various restaurants and don't care for them, it's not as if I have never tried them.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Thirdworldish/Unsafe country IMHO. This thread isn't about Malaysia though.

Well, I have tried them all at various restaurants and don't care for them, it's not as if I have never tried them.
Give Singaporean food - the best S'pore has to offer a try - a fair go, and see how you like it!

Old 01-31-2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Give Singaporean food - the best S'pore has to offer a try - a fair go, and see how you like it!
Thx for your help. Right now I just want to gain information..... from SF a flight is around 21 hours and 1100 bucks. This is expensive and timely.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Thx for your help. Right now I just want to gain information..... from SF a flight is around 21 hours and 1100 bucks. This is expensive and timely.
What information do you want to know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia