U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 12:15 AM

215 posts, read 308,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
What information do you want to know?
Everything! Transform yourself into a travel writer. Write a review of the positive and negative - turn your review into a long and well written story of several paragraphs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 01:45 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,667,688 times
Been to Singapore several times, it's just what the others said it is. Yes, it's expensive to visit if you come from the USA, and based on the posts from the OP, if he/she is not interested in all types of Asian food, then definitely NOT WORTH it to spend that much money to visit Singapore ONLY. Perhaps OP can share more which cities he/she finds interesting and enjoys visiting. Honestly, for me, Singapore is as interesting as Seattle (among American cities).

Old 02-01-2014, 05:27 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,270,803 times
why is the OP ignoring my post offering insight from a true blue singaporean here ?

Old 02-01-2014, 05:30 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,270,803 times
Places worth visiting... Singapore Flyer, Night Safari, River Safari, Resort World Sentosa, Esplande , Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands..Zoo, Bird Park, Merlion Park..

There may not be so many places to visit previously but the list is expanding and will continue to expand

If you are into nature.. Bukit Timah Hill...

If you are into shopping.. we have many heartland malls and of course Orchard Road

Old 02-01-2014, 07:24 AM

9,781 posts, read 16,228,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lunatic & A Therapist View Post
Everything! Transform yourself into a travel writer. Write a review of the positive and negative - turn your review into a long and well written story of several paragraphs.
You want a travelogue? If you want specific info, ask a specific question, or there's always tripadvisor etc. What exactly do you want, someone to write something to convince you, to allure you, to justify your decision to spend all that money?

What made you think of going to Singapore anyway? What was the initial draw? Is there some other reason you are visiting?

Did you watch the youtube vid? It does a pretty good job of 'selling' Singapore. If you are still not interested in S'pore after seeing it, maybe it's not worth coming.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:30 AM

215 posts, read 308,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
You want a travelogue? If you want specific info, ask a specific question, or there's always tripadvisor etc. What exactly do you want, someone to write something to convince you, to allure you, to justify your decision to spend all that money?

What made you think of going to Singapore anyway? What was the initial draw? Is there some other reason you are visiting?

Did you watch the youtube vid? It does a pretty good job of 'selling' Singapore. If you are still not interested in S'pore after seeing it, maybe it's not worth coming.
I have explained what I'm looking for twice - once in the op and once in post 31.

Write a one page review of your your trip include all of the positives and negatives. That's it, if you have been it should be simple.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:41 PM

268 posts, read 324,001 times
Quote:
Well, I have tried them all at various restaurants and don't care for them, it's not as if I have never tried them.
I just don't understand how someone could go to a South East Asian/East Asian country and only eat hamburgers and steaks. It would blow my mind if I saw that.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:40 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,667,688 times
Quote:
I have explained what I'm looking for twice - once in the op and once in post 31.

Write a one page review of your your trip include all of the positives and negatives. That's it, if you have been it should be simple.
You only provided 2 specific things, both of which are NEGATIVE for you:

1. Singapore is indeed stricter than almost anywhere else in this world, making it a city with a low crime rate and it does feel a bit "sterile" to some people.
2. Singapore has indeed a lot of Asian food, none of which you care for.

So in the absence of what POSITIVES you are looking for, the suggestion is to NOT GO. It's a simple as that. If you have specific things to ask, post in this forum. If you want a one page review of anyone's trip to Singapore, use Google. There are hundreds or thousands out there.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:

You didn't explain what you were looking for in S'pore just listed some negative things friends told you about Singapore. Why are you thinking of going to Singapore? If you tell us maybe we can give you more specific advice.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
You only provided 2 specific things, both of which are NEGATIVE for you:

1. Singapore is indeed stricter than almost anywhere else in this world, making it a city with a low crime rate and it does feel a bit "sterile" to some people.
2. Singapore has indeed a lot of Asian food, none of which you care for.

So in the absence of what POSITIVES you are looking for, the suggestion is to NOT GO. It's a simple as that. If you have specific things to ask, post in this forum. If you want a one page review of anyone's trip to Singapore, use Google. There are hundreds or thousands out there.
Yes exactly...i still don't know why the OP wants to go to Singapore...as was mentioned food is a big reason to visit, and if you're closed to Asian food I would say that takes one big incentive to visit Singapore.

Malaysia has a ton of things to see/do and is great for a tourist, but the OP seems pretty closed off to it too. It's not as 'third worldish' as he/she thinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or