U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2014, 09:24 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,668,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Yes, Jollibee isn't Filipino food, really, well aside from a few things on their menu.

Oh I don't know much about pinoy food, just heard it wasn't very good. Maybe lacklustre is still the best term. Sure it depends on the cook and ingredients, but it just seem the cuisine isn't as highly regarded as other Asian cuisines.
In order to continue any discussion, WHAT CAN BE CONSIDERED FILIPINO FOOD?

Old 02-23-2014, 09:25 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,668,647 times
Quote:
^ Roasting a pig is done in many countries.
And chicken is eaten in almost all countries. What is your point?

Old 02-23-2014, 09:28 PM

2,384 posts, read 5,848,433 times
Quote:
So you think Filipino is better than Thai, Vietnamese, some Chinese, Korean, Japanese?

Well I guess some people buck the trend.

Yes, I am really bucking the trend because I get tired of Thai food though I like spicy food.
I never had a good Vietnamese food yet. I ate in a good Vietnamese restaurant in Paris but nothing special.
Nothing special about Korean or Japanese food either except for fried Japanese beef.
I don't like Chinese food, like I feel I would get sick after because their food is floating in oil.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 02-23-2014 at 09:51 PM..

Old 02-23-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
^ Roasting a pig is done in many countries.
Of course because pig is commonly eaten in many parts of the world.
But not all do it the same way and not all consume it as much as in the Philippines.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:50 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,238,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I get tired of Thai food though I like spicy food.
I never had a good Vietnamese food yet. I ate in a good Vietnamese restaurant in Paris but nothing special.
Nothing special about Korean or Japanese food either except for fried Japanese beef.
I don't like Chinese food, like I feel I would get sick after because their food is floating in oil.
Well everyone has different tastebuds. Some are more adventurous or discerning than others.

Personally I can appreciate most cuisines, Asian or otherwise, although there are some dishes that disagree with me.

I'm guessing you don't like balut btw? lol

It's funny because balut is probably the most famous Filipino food.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Well everyone has different tastebuds. Some are more adventurous or discerning than others.

Personally I can appreciate most cuisines, Asian or otherwise, although there are some dishes that disagree with me.

I'm guessing you don't like balut btw? lol

It's funny because balut is probably the most famous Filipino food.
I eat Balot ... I just don't like so much the hairy part. I am adventurous when it comes to trying different flavours.I am just not adventurous when it comes to trying different animals like dogs, cats, frogs, rats, snakes, turtles and insects. Also, chicken feet, chicken neck... Quite gross for me.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:03 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,238,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I eat Balot ... I just don't like so much the hairy part. I am adventurous when it comes to trying different flavours.I am just not adventurous when eating different animals like dogs, cats, frogs, rats, snakes, turtles and insects. Also, chicken feet, chicken neck... Quite gross for me.
Well when you eat balut don't you eat all the parts of the duck?

I'm surprised you eat balut since you seem kind of fussy.

Yeah I've still a bit hesitant about organ meats, which are also a common thing in many Asian cuisines including Filipino.

I would try a grasshopper or something...frogs, maybe wild rats, snake too...I've had crocodile and goanna, here in Australia, they really do taste just like a type of bird, a bit like turkey.

Chicken feet is a delicacy in China, Jamaica and parts of the Southern US actually. I think maybe the Phils too right? Philippines also eat dog, at least traditionally.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:30 PM

163 posts, read 198,947 times
Quote:

Yeah I've still a bit hesitant about organ meats, which are also a common thing in many Asian cuisines including Filipino.

I would try a grasshopper or something...frogs, maybe wild rats, snake too...I've had crocodile and goanna, here in Australia, they really do taste just like a type of bird, a bit like turkey.

Chicken feet is a delicacy in China, Jamaica and parts of the Southern US actually. I think maybe the Phils too right? Philippines also eat dog, at least traditionally.

Dogs are part of many Asians cuisines, including Chinese cuisine.

I personally do not eat dogs and it's against my ethic and I can tell you a good 90% of Filipinos do not eat do.

Organ meats are also common in European cuisine. You should probably already know that given you have discerning palette and an extensive knowledge of world cuisine.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:32 PM

163 posts, read 198,947 times
Quote:
Yes, Jollibee isn't Filipino food, really, well aside from a few things on their menu.

Oh I don't know much about pinoy food, just heard it wasn't very good. Maybe lacklustre is still the best term. Sure it depends on the cook and ingredients, but it just seem the cuisine isn't as highly regarded as other Asian cuisines.
Yes, it's not as highly regarded compared to other cuisines, but THE POSTMAN is so curious about it and very passionate about bringing it down, there must be something about it

Old 02-23-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:

Dogs are not popular in the Philippines. It is only eaten by " some " of the lowest class of men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or