U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2014, 12:36 PM

3,196 posts, read 2,649,444 times

Advertisements

Just how much a part of society are they? Who plays them? Do older people look down on those who play them, like they do in the US? What kind of games are they? Button smasher action fighting games? First person shooters? Phone games? Puzzle games? Strategy games? I've always pictured Japan as having a large population of gamers, but what about Vietnam or Indonesia or India or the middle east or North Korea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 08:51 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,148,504 times
Dota is popular in Southeast Asia lol, in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines you can find them all... even China... Dota seems to be the most popular games in the world, you can find player from all over the places. However no offense but Pinoys are always bashed by lots of Dota players in Southeast Asia.... :P but lots of Korean RPG did get popular in Indonesia like RF, Ayodance or Ragnarok2, here's the top 10 list of most famous online games in Indonesia:

Game Online Terlaris di Indonesia , Penasaran ? | Go Trik Online

Just for fun: http://www.gamesinasia.com/7-kinds-o...-2-sea-server/

Not WOW or Warhammer they're not that popular around here.

Point Blank the Korean version of CA is extremely popular.... lots of internet cafes for gaming too, mainly because their internet at home sucks.

As for North Korea, i don't think it exist... they may have few games of their invention however. Oh they have i-phones and samsungs too, mainly the upper class.

As for Phonegames there's Samsungs and Iphones/i-pads, and yes they're popular among the population.. non-online computer games, playstations 3-4 (there's even a place to rent it hourly), nitendos, and many others are played by the population. Arcades are nearly in every shopping malls too.

Idk why but it seems that Samsung an I-phone is more popular in Southeast Asia than Europe, even kids have the latest Samsung Galaxy tab.

Gamer population of Indonesia? extremely huge, its the same around Asia i suppose but for Southeast Asia it seem like a big business.

Last edited by Goshio22; 08-05-2014 at 09:16 AM..

Old 08-05-2014, 08:23 PM

147 posts, read 174,224 times
Video and computer games are as big in most of East/SE Asia as the rest of the world, and in some places probably bigger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or