Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2014, 03:07 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,263,822 times

Advertisements

the easiest way to distinguished east asia from southeast asia are thru the eyes and color. east asia have slanted eyes and fairer skin whereas southeast Asians have rounder eyes and darker skin.

Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia have similar characteristics except religion as the Philippines is a Catholic country and the other 2 are Muslims. this is a result of colonization.

Basically these 3 countries are called the Malay race.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 04:18 PM

3,403 posts, read 4,441,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
All of your theories are incorrect and nothing more than absolutely bogus nonsense. The people of SEA descend from the island of Atlantis. You can clearly see this in their atlantid brow ridge, sudadonty, and genetic proclivity for fishing. The Atlantid race are direct descendants of the original humans, The Black Indians. There really isn't NEA peoples, as they are a hybrid of various stocks with the primary stock being Sibero-Steppasian. White European Man is a mixture of various races as well. They inherited their robustness from Africans, curiosity from the tan peoples of the Mediterranean, industriousness from NE Asians, and skin tone from snowmen. However, they have slowly developed a homogenous pure gene pool over time.

Unfortunately for them, the Atlantids of SEA are outmatched by North East Asians. The gene pool of North East Asians, perhaps defined on the tundric steppes of Asia have made them superior at wealth management and knowledge acquisition. Only with selective breeding with the Sibero-Steppasian stock will they be able to change the course and acquire the much needed genes to compete with the men of the north. In fact all races of man will acquiesce to the genetic dominance of the Sibero-Steppasian stock of man unless they use selective breeding to steal their superior alleles.
I'm surprised that no one liked my satirical response to the stupidity of this thread.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:52 PM

30 posts, read 33,461 times
nope, we are different race

Old 11-04-2014, 06:12 PM

16,265 posts, read 43,015,716 times
It makes sense to me.

'East Asian' refers to Asians over on the Pacific side of Asian, in contrast to Asians from Turkey, Uzbekistan, etc.

'East Asia' is than separated again into 'Southeast Asia' and 'Northeast Asia'

In short, 'East Asia' is an umbrella term that includes both. So, you can't say it's not fair to include a subcategory with it's umbrella term. It doesn't make sense.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:38 PM

1,423 posts, read 2,538,014 times
I think what we all fail to see is how China and India both competed for influence in this particular region. I remember reading how Chinese Kings thoughout history would allow marriages between princesses of the Chinese court and Kings of various East Asian and Southeast Kingdoms. However, when Indian/Sri Lankan Kings asked for such marriages with a Chinese princesses they were denied. I wonder if it had anything to do with maintaining racial purity which was a big issue or something else?

Old 11-04-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
What I am saying is that the science is clear that the diversity in Asia started in the south. Therefore, the idea that high cheekbones, narrower eyes and straight hair is exclusively North Asian is false. The only feature that originates in colder environments in my opinion is light skin, everything else is just genetic drift and natural selection which started before people left the African continent. And that is why Africa is the diverse continent on earth. That diversity is not about language or culture, we are talking about bodily features. The range of features within African populations is huge and as you go farther away from Africa that diversity diminishes and populations become more homogenous with Northern Asia being among the least diverse. Therefore it is impossible to claim that Southern Asians get their features from the north generally, when Northern Asians are simply Southern Asians who moved north many thousands of years ago. So that is kind of a backwards statement.

I agree many central Asians are "ruddy" in appearance, but there are some who are truly dark skinned. It may be rarer the farther north you go, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and isn't simply a case of "mixing". And historically the farther back you go in time the darker the people get.

Here is an example of a darker skinned "Mongoloid" type:

From Wikipedia

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...hui_People.jpg

From Jimmy Nelsons, "Before they Pass away" website:

BEFORE THEY PASS AWAY

Lokhpa nomad from Tibet. Not a "mixed" Indian and it is not a coincidence that these folks look very similar to the Native Americans from the United States. Therefore this dark skinned "mongoloid" type is ancient and has nothing to do with recent "mixing" with southerners.

Pin by Yal

Native American Photo by Edward Curtis:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...uth_Spring.jpg

And also this diversity exists in Africa as well:
South Sudan:

Family portrait - South Sudan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Refugees in Upper Nile State South Sudan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

That said I really love the culture and history of Central Asia.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4913839...n/photostream/

Some of them look Indian to me

Old 11-04-2014, 10:00 PM

16,265 posts, read 43,015,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
I think what we all fail to see is how China and India both competed for influence in this particular region. I remember reading how Chinese Kings thoughout history would allow marriages between princesses of the Chinese court and Kings of various East Asian and Southeast Kingdoms. However, when Indian/Sri Lankan Kings asked for such marriages with a Chinese princesses they were denied. I wonder if it had anything to do with maintaining racial purity which was a big issue or something else?
I am not sure, but I doubt it. I don't find that Chinese care one way or another about 'racial purity' at all. I mean, Koreans and Japanese might think that way, but Chinese seem to have always been more of a 'we're the center of the world' kind of thing.

I feel like Southeast Asia was always a link of some kind of financially or through tributes or something. There was a clear 'we have to respect China' kind of thing, etc.

India just seemed like another universe. There probably have been tons of Chinese who've intermarried into India/South Asia, but I'd imagine they just get 'into the gene pool' and end up looking like Indians after awhile. Kind of like way back when, there were tons of Portuguese, etc. living in cities like Macau, Nagasaki, Malaca, etc., and they kind of marry into being Asian, and a few generations later, they just look Asian.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:03 PM

12,300 posts, read 8,021,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markovian process View Post
Do you think it makes sense to do so?

Many people in the US and Canadians and Australians seem to do. I don't know about others in the western world.
?
The racial categories of the western world have no scientific basis. It is political. By their system a sub Saharan or East African is the same as any American for who they can identify any Black ancestor, known as the single drop rule.

Politically today if one wanted to he can evoke a single drop rule to declare himself Asian. Only Native Americans/First Nations protecting a tribal national identity push back on the basic single drop prejudice

Old 11-07-2014, 01:13 AM

822 posts, read 1,278,607 times
Most East Asians (Chinese, Japanese and Korean) in Asia consider SE Asians to be lower in social status ranking. For example, some Chinese despite the war history with Japan, still appreciate Japanese foods and culture while Filipino or Indians and their cultures are mocked with disdain and ridicule.

The Japanese tend to believe they are at the top of the social ranking and the Chinese and Koreans believe the same.

For those who immigrate to North America, they have a hard time understanding that all Asians are lumped together i.e., Asian-American and insist on separate and distinct identities. As a group, Korean-Americans exhibit the most solidarity with each other, even rivaling American Jews in terms of intensity.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
Most East Asians (Chinese, Japanese and Korean) in Asia consider SE Asians to be lower in social status ranking. For example, some Chinese despite the war history with Japan, still appreciate Japanese foods and culture while Filipino or Indians and their cultures are mocked with disdain and ridicule.

The Japanese tend to believe they are at the top of the social ranking and the Chinese and Koreans believe the same.

For those who immigrate to North America, they have a hard time understanding that all Asians are lumped together i.e., Asian-American and insist on separate and distinct identities. As a group, Korean-Americans exhibit the most solidarity with each other, even rivaling American Jews in terms of intensity.

Never realized Chinese mocked and ridculed Indians and Filipino cultures. I think China seriously suffers from an inferiority complex. However, times have changed and invasions/colonialization have done a number on such cultures.

As a group, I think Gujuratis rival South Koreans and American Jews in terms of solidarity and intensity.

I agree with the Japanese perception. They deserve it to some degree. They were able to defeat a major Western power (Russia), which was astonishing at the time considering they the gap of Industrialization between European power and Asia. During Apartheid, Japanese were conisdered to be "honorary white" and not subjected to discriminatory, racially motivated treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia