U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-14-2014, 02:11 AM
 
6,726 posts, read 6,615,943 times
Reputation: 2386

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKSOAC View Post
Generally, the age for both boys and girls is actually earlier, at some time during their high school years, and non-Muslim SE Asian countries also have the same pattern.
I don't believe sex is common among high school students in China.
College, maybe. But it also depends on which one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2014, 02:13 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,266,372 times
Reputation: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I don't believe sex is common among high school students in China.
College, maybe. But it also depends on which one.
Would you say dating in China is very lovey-dovey romantic or very 'matter of fact'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2014, 02:46 AM
 
6,726 posts, read 6,615,943 times
Reputation: 2386
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Would you say dating in China is very lovey-dovey romantic or very 'matter of fact'?
It's hard to generalize but I think when people get older (late 20s), dating is more like a trade.
College students date for natural attraction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2014, 03:33 AM
 
164 posts, read 220,210 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKSOAC View Post
The sex culture of younger generation in Mainland China have changed now, and more western than before. Chinese youths in general marry and have children earlier than people in western countries. Not all Chinese young men aim for college or good career, most just do low-skill jobs after leaving high school. Most youth don't have lots of fun mainly due to low income, typical for a developing country. When people have money, they entertain, play or easily attract opposite sex.

In Asia, most girls show interest in Asian guys, so they are not constrained in youth. The main problem is they don't have much money or social experience.
In China rural part, their parents want their kids marry earlier. However, with fast growing economy, they are getting married later than past. I believe a 2010 census data shows average marriage age is 22 or 23. In many cases, many guys have sex maybe 21 or 22.

For most white guys, their mom knows that they need to leave some space for her son and sweetheart since 15. You will never see Chinese guy allow to dressing like white guys in a high school party.

Of course, my feeling about Asian guys here is same, they are very hard to find girlfriend in US...Most white girls do not interested in them, they do not interested in black girls, and they have barely interest in latino girls. Their only choice is Asian girls..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2014, 03:34 AM
 
164 posts, read 220,210 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Would you say dating in China is very lovey-dovey romantic or very 'matter of fact'?
Matter of fact for sure.

The house there won't as cheap as house in U.S.

The rent won't as cheap as U.S also..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2014, 05:17 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,266,372 times
Reputation: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgz View Post
Matter of fact for sure.

The house there won't as cheap as house in U.S.

The rent won't as cheap as U.S also..
Maybe Taiwan is different. A lot of Mando-pop songs just seem so gooey. Most Chinese women I've met (I won't say under what circumstances ) just seem pretty straight-forward, but of course it depends on the circumstances...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2014, 09:38 PM
 
14 posts, read 20,404 times
Reputation: 16
Feminism in China/liberal America is not being aborted by Communists. The rest is a bonus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2014, 11:18 PM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,266,372 times
Reputation: 2833
Yeah in some ways China is more equal than the West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2016, 02:24 AM
 
Location: Taipei
6,776 posts, read 5,132,830 times
Reputation: 4566
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
A very wealthy mother brought her child by my school for a demo, and though she didn't take the classes, she did exchange contact info with me. She owns a business, and so does her husband. Her business is in GZ, but her husband's is elsewhere and so requires him to spend a lot of time in other cities and abroad.

She invited me out to dinner at an extremely expensive and fancy restaurant, where she told me how her husband has mistresses in other cities, and that she was very lonely herself... then asked me if we could go back to her place, that she'd be happy to pay me to "teach her new vocabulary."

So, in this situation, you actually do see some gender equality... though it's sort of backwards/questionable by the standards of conventional morality.
It's two years old but omg what a story.

The vocab thing is especially hilarious lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2016, 09:47 AM
 
1,870 posts, read 3,136,513 times
Reputation: 2459
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgz View Post
Of course, my feeling about Asian guys here is same, they are very hard to find girlfriend in US...Most white girls do not interested in them, they do not interested in black girls, and they have barely interest in latino girls. Their only choice is Asian girls..
You are seeing more white girls with Asian guys these days in America. Especially Asian guys born and raised in the U.S. Especially on the west coast of USA. Definitely an increasing trend, a lot more then used to be. I have seen a lot and I know a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top