U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 05:02 PM

3,339 posts, read 2,077,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
the only place where Manila traffic is not chaotic is Skyway. It conveniently connects a nice suburb to the main CBD. Only a 15 to 25 minute drive. They need more of this

Metro Manila Skyway, Makati bound (1080P) - YouTube
the reason is the toll. if they put a toll on all roads in Metro Manila, I am 100% sure the traffic will flow smoothly just like during the Holy Week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 05:05 PM

6,774 posts, read 5,121,205 times
Taipei.

Lol j/k.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:26 PM

282 posts, read 606,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Of the ones I have been too, I would put Manilla First and Bangkok Second, I did not find Vietnam that bad actually. I have not been to India or Indonesia. My most "Memorable" road trip however was actually on a" highway" in South West China.

My Brother in law owns a car and we have been driving quite a lot through Seoul, it's really surprising how ordered things are.
Sorry to disagree. But at least in Metro Manila our major roads metro highways - EDSA, Ayala, Quezon Avenue, Commonwealth Ave, etc had its own bike lane, bus bay, tunnels, over/underpasses etc. and Animals are prohibited. unlike in Bangkok wherein some streets have huge Elephants, as in they park beside the street..

just sharing btw.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:27 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,145,776 times
^@grey couldn't see the vid

anyway, the unchaotic scene of Jakarta (only occurs on weekend or Ramadan), but through this vid you can still see how the driver's terrible behavior:

Old 07-18-2014, 09:10 PM

6 posts, read 7,032 times
African cities can also be chaotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
I think some of the world's most chaotic cities are in Asia. The tremendous traffic, the constant sound of horn blowing, the mix of automobiles, cyclists, motorcyclists, pedestrians, etc. all add to that third world type of chaos. So which city in your opinion takes the top spot in this category?

Old 10-08-2014, 09:14 PM

6 posts, read 5,052 times
most places in developing countries except like North Korea or Mongolia.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:16 PM

6 posts, read 5,052 times
Taiwan's cities and towns definitely the most chaotic among developed countries in the world.
(Taiwan's recent GDP per capita ranks the lowest among all asian developed countries)
More similar to China and Vietnam than Japan, US, HK and Singapore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Taipei.
Lol j/k.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:35 PM

12 posts, read 8,614 times
Indian cities are off course most chaotic, few of the cities are Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore a great hustle bustle in this cities from day to night a horns of vehicles, people crowd.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:09 AM

6,774 posts, read 5,121,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate_spillso View Post
Taiwan's cities and towns definitely the most chaotic among developed countries in the world.
(Taiwan's recent GDP per capita ranks the lowest among all asian developed countries)
More similar to China and Vietnam than Japan, US, HK and Singapore.
Maybe because Taiwan is still developing instead of developed?

Besides, other than the awful traffic and crazy drivers, Taiwanese cities aren't chaotic. Less chaotic than big cities like Paris or New York.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:38 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,538,252 times
Saigon I found quite chaotic, but not as bad as I was expecting, people for the most part obeyed traffic signals and got used to crossing the streets between moving traffic after a few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or