U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 04:25 AM

1,099 posts, read 1,669,514 times

Advertisements

Based on reputation and what others said, I would say Dhaka and Calcutta. The most chaotic city I've ever been is Manila.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 05:55 AM

770 posts, read 732,879 times
Taipei and Taiwan are very tame in comparison to the mainland cities. Particularly Zhengzhou. It is pure and utter chaos. There is cars, buses, scooters, people and bicycles coming at you from every direction all at different speeds. Everyone I know there has a video PVR on their dashboard or suctioned to their windshield. you absolutley have to keep a dashcam in your car there. I frequently see female drivers going the wrong way on of ramps, drivers stopping to text in the middle of the freeway, buses cutting off cars. I honestly don't know why there aren't that many accidents in this city.

And I have been to Bangkok, Beijing, Shanghai, Gaungzhou, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Tokyo, Qingdao and live in NYC. Have yet to goto Vietnam, but I bet it's nothing compared to Zhengzhou.

Seoul is very tame, aside from the taxi drivers mashing the throttle as soon as you fasten your setbelt.

I am currently licensed and driving in Qingdao, which is easier than Zhengzhou because there is less scotters and battery bikes, but the drivers have worse manners and do not follow any traffic laws. I would say it at least ten times worse than driving in Manhattan.

THe biggest issue on the mainland is that there is no way for police to enforce the laws. There is just too many people and too many cars, and the walking, two wheeled populace don't have any qualifications to even be on the road, since you do not need a license or registration for a 50cc scooter or li-on bike.

Of course most local police departments have speed cameras at almost every single stoplight, and they can eventually catch repeat offenders, but people just don't seem to care for the most part, especially the taxi drivers and the poorer unlicesned drivers.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:04 AM

59 posts, read 64,126 times
Hong Kong is more chaotic right now..!!

Old 10-26-2014, 09:51 AM

6,775 posts, read 5,122,827 times
^Far from it.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:11 PM

6,633 posts, read 8,326,006 times
Definitely Mumbai.

When you factor the size, density, and general crowding then it should walk away with this. Indian cities aren't neatly organized and such, keep that in mind, people ride on top of trains and buses and cars. They literally live on top of each other in box like structures made of metal.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:55 AM

3 posts, read 3,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Indian cities definitely comes to the top instantly, cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Banglore are worse than any other cities in Asia... and i would also consider Vietnamese cities like Saigon and Hanoi also are very chaotic as its very motorcyclist centrist.

But my home city, Jakarta have probably the worst traffic in the world and are also very chaotic and brutal city with very car-centric attitude and also are very pedestrian unfriendly. People that constantly travel everywhere with either car or motorcycle, extremely crowded population and full of ruthless people that drives like there is no tommorow. Motorcyclist rides into sidewalk when traffic gone very badly (also happen in Vietnam but because Jakarta is much2 more populated making it worse) and will honk you from the back at the sidewalk. Pedestrians are also as bad as the riders, they will cross the street anytime and anywhere they wanted, zebra cross are useless. In Jakarta yellow traffic light means you should start moving and if not they will shout at you.

Although Indonesians didn't necesarily drive as crazy as the Indians or Filipinos, they honk all the time in the road more than many cities that i've been into.

I will also put Manila as chaotic city but atleast pedestrians still can walk properly there compared to Jakarta.
easy bro. no need to curcool about your country keles. santai bro. They dont need to know about it. let them see and experience. Jakarta is your city. no need to be hars with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or