U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 04:13 PM

201 posts, read 265,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Oh hey look its video of Muslims clubbing and drinking booze:
Wow, when you see the Indonesian women not wearing head covering (hijab?), the people clubbing in that video looks exactly like people clubbing in the Philippines. Very interesting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 05:29 PM

376 posts, read 744,391 times
Adherents Islam of Indonesian more liberal ,yeah I know Malaysia is Generally very Islamic and I can connect them with Aceh in Sumatra .
lol I think so many small ethnic in Indonesia, the which adheres to Christianity and another religion, the which made ​​Indonesia more open to one another.
Islam is the only religion that makes majority and big is Javanese-Sundanese, Moslem population
to population: Java: 85,000,000 (45%), Sundanese. 40,000,000 (15%) and to have few a other religion of the total population of the entire Indonesian
Yeah I agree:Javanese they religion of Islam ,Christian, Buddhist, Hindu etc. almost all of them have names and distinctive Javanese Name example : Citra Kirana, Didik Prasetyo mangkunegara, Sri Wulansari , Surya Agung Pramono , Chintya Dwi Aryani , Larasati etc.
Khas sundanese Name : Suparman, Yaya Sutarya, Ade Juarnih , Galuh Jatmiko, Ujang , Dedeh Suryana etc

Old 03-24-2014, 05:55 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,148,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanjelman7 View Post
Wow, when you see the Indonesian women not wearing head covering (hijab?), the people clubbing in that video looks exactly like people clubbing in the Philippines. Very interesting!
Lol yes that is why its silly to relate how Islamic Indonesians are compared to Malaysians:

Majority of Jakartans don't wear hijab i would say at a ratio of 7/10 don't wear it, the less religious usually wear it after the pilgrimage and it can be very seasonal too, for example during Ramadan, you will likely to see more of them (especially the "tante" or aunties). But if i must put how many Indonesians who actually wear hijab maybe its around 5/10 nationwide and you can expect seeing more of them in conservatives areas like Aceh or some rural areas in Java or Borneo.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:06 PM

42 posts, read 49,213 times
Guys, its kind of offended to say such thing. Not all Muslims in indonesia are liberal and preferred clubbing drinking. Your sayings might offend them. Not even nice to assume Indonesians women loves clubbing. Some of them still have high selfconscious. This may be Indonesians way but not for some of Muslims there.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Oh hey look its video of Muslims clubbing and drinking booze:

did you say you are Australians? ohh and about the some of the strict one is true, and the liberals? they represent modern Indonesians society but majority of them are from the urban areas.

Oh now im starting to wonder if you even have Chinese or Indian Malaysian friends, just simply because their "income" is higher, it makes it alright to treat them like 2nd 3rd class citizen.

W'ell Indonesian Chinese do not migrate because they're treated unfairly.
I did have few Chinese friends from Malaysia and lots from Indonesia. Having their education here in Aus. and met more from Indonesia during my degree in China. I think it is equal for Malaysia and Indonesia. Most of Chinese from both countries preferred to find jobs and migrate abroad. I dont see much differences anyway. Even in Indonesia, i cant see much stand up from Chinese. Maybe because Chinese didnt even care about classes. They wants a comfy life not that who's 'power' who's not matter them anyway.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrizFazz View Post
Guys, its kind of offended to say such thing. Not all Muslims in indonesia are liberal and preferred clubbing drinking. Your sayings might offend them. Not even nice to assume Indonesians women loves clubbing. Some of them still have high selfconscious. This may be Indonesians way but not for some of Muslims there.
It might be offensive to you hahahaha, i already explained before not all indonesians are liberal and not all are religious, but you keep saying that indonesians are the same with malaysians in level of liberalism? you are not indonesians and you dont know how things are going on here, some might take it offensive but this is reality. If you dont like it deal with it, they are not yours to care for.

If you truly know Indonesians who studied in Australia you will actually see and notice how much they love clubs.

Last edited by Goshio22; 03-24-2014 at 09:42 PM..

Old 03-24-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I did have few Chinese friends from Malaysia and lots from Indonesia. Having their education here in Aus. and met more from Indonesia during my degree in China. I think it is equal for Malaysia and Indonesia. Most of Chinese from both countries preferred to find jobs and migrate abroad. I dont see much differences anyway. Even in Indonesia, i cant see much stand up from Chinese. Maybe because Chinese didnt even care about classes. They wants a comfy life not that who's 'power' who's not matter them anyway.
i cant understand anything you are trying to imply, most of them who studied overseas ended up going back homme as far concerned.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
It might be offensive to you hahahaha, i already explained before not all indonesians are liberal and not all are religious, but you keep saying that indonesians are the same with malaysians in level of liberalism? you are not indonesians and you dont know how things are going on here, some might take it offensive but this is reality. If you dont like it deal with it, they are not yours to care for.
You're not even woman not even Muslims. I'm not saying its offensive for me but for some Indonedians women. Perhaps you would respect them more. You're implying Muslims there at worst state. The same as how typical Malaysians would do.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
i cant understand anything you are trying to imply, most of them who studied overseas ended up going back homme as far concerned.
maybe you shoul've come and see how Indonesians Chinese in Aus. Hv more happy life than their own hometown. It's not something weird to say anyway.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
You're not even woman not even Muslims. I'm not saying its offensive for me but for some Indonedians women. Perhaps you would respect them more. You're implying Muslims there at worst state. The same as how typical Malaysians would do.
How do you know i am not Muslims? You keep saying as if you understand the state of this country, or its people, and you are not even Indonesians. Many indonesians already know of all of this and accepted it, and im just explaining that indonesians in general are not pakistanis or saudis.

Its not degrading anyone, because its reality and it feels rather offensive if anyone would put indonesia just as another afganistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia