U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 10:11 PM

376 posts, read 742,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
How do you know i am not Muslims? You keep saying as if you understand the state of this country, or its people, and you are not even Indonesians. Many indonesians already know of all of this and accepted it, and im just explaining that indonesians in general are not pakistanis or saudis.
perhaps he had never been to Indonesia. and as if his opinion is true. even he never knew the life of Jakarta and other big cities Indonesia are so hard.
and we all Indonesians know about it.
I think this TOPIC is appropriate for Islam in Malaysia / Brunei. because Indonesian is so diverse start from religion, ethnic , culture etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 10:21 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,144,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
perhaps he had never been to Indonesia. and as if his opinion is true. even he never knew the life of Jakarta and other big cities Indonesia are so hard.
and we all Indonesians know about it.
I think this TOPIC is appropriate for Islam in Malaysia / Brunei. because Indonesian is so diverse start from religion, ethnic , culture etc.
iya kan gak jelas zzzzz lebay banged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrizFazz View Post
You're not even woman not even Muslims. I'm not saying its offensive for me but for some Indonedians women. Perhaps you would respect them more. You're implying Muslims there at worst state. The same as how typical Malaysians would do.
This is far from the worst, btw, hardly anyone here would feel offended if they saw those videos.

Last edited by Goshio22; 03-24-2014 at 10:42 PM..

Old 03-25-2014, 12:04 AM

42 posts, read 49,109 times
Quote:
How do you know i am not Muslims? You keep saying as if you understand the state of this country, or its people, and you are not even Indonesians. Many indonesians already know of all of this and accepted it, and im just explaining that indonesians in general are not pakistanis or saudis.

Its not degrading anyone, because its reality and it feels rather offensive if anyone would put indonesia just as another afganistan.
How do you know they will accept this? I'm not saying that the videos will offend them. but for Muslim Indonesian's women who are not liberal enough as much as you do.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrizFazz View Post
How do you know they will accept this? I'm not saying that the videos will offend them. but for Muslim Indonesian's women who are not liberal enough as much as you do.
They already learn to respect each other, the religious woman are not clueless about this and just avoided them and it's as simple as that, that's why you don't get to judge our people. They still befriend each other too.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:05 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,578,948 times
Quote:
Your family lives in Jakarta? cool!

Hahaha there's even a saying of how cool Jakartans can party (and loads of illegal stuff :P) and i wonder why there is a guy trying to spam info of Indonesians being on the same league with Malaysians when it comes to religiousity level. In Malaysia the Muslims can't do this, most of the Malaysian Muslims that actually party are from Sabah/Sarawak (North Borneo and most of the drinking occurs in bars and very few clubs there) because its not as restricted there, but in West Malaysia? not as much, and the girls hardly dressed up to the nine if they're Malays.
Interesting observations... However, I'll tell you that my family doesn't live in Jakarta, but they frequent it quite a bit.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:17 PM

201 posts, read 264,849 times
@Goshio22, how are the relations between the various Austronesian groups in Indonesia? From the other thread, I'm am especially curious about the relationship between the Javanese and Sundanese peoples.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanjelman7 View Post
@Goshio22, how are the relations between the various Austronesian groups in Indonesia? From the other thread, I'm am especially curious about the relationship between the Javanese and Sundanese peoples.
Phew, ethnic group's relationship huh, this is the most complicated.. now some of these ethnic group used to belong to different kingdoms or tribes, and they wage war with each other and so some ethnic group may dislike the others for this historical reason which apparently don't just die since hundreds of years ago. Migration from other island may also bring some tension, mainly due to crime rate and sometimes religion.

Now in this case let's talk about the Javanese and Sundanese, they're actually are people of the same background but practice different language and have different traditional value. But they don't like it if you mistaken them as one or another especially the Sundanese will not take it lightly, because there is some certain hate that were created during Majapahit era, when the Javanese people betrayed the Sundanese kingdom and conquer them, apperently this degrade on how Sundanese view Javanese. The Sumatrans Malay also didn't like the Javanese because they felt the Javanese are mostly in power in the politic and government as compared to Sumatrans, the government also killed lots of Malay historical royal families during an anti-monarch purge and historically the Javanese are the one who toppled the Srivijayan Malay kingdom, this creates some complexity issue. Some ethnic group like the Dayaks and Maduranese extremely disliked each other, because the Maduranese migration to Borneo are causing higher crime rate and especially because the Maduranese are targeting the Dayaks who are predominantly Christians, and thus an ethnic clash occured where the Dayaks massacred the Maduranese and sent them back home fleeing to Madura. But other than that the ethnic groups of Indonesia didn't have much hatred for one another provided they are unprovoked, like for example the Balinese regards the Javanese as their brothers because of their historical link through the Majapahit empire.

The Chinese disliked the "Pribumi' or native of the land because of the past discrimination they're facing, but not all Chinese of course dislike the Pribumi, most likely if the area they're coming from don't have much past-racism.

Oh and the hundreds of the tribes of Papua apparently don't live that peacefully too, i didn't know much about Papuans however.

Last edited by Goshio22; 03-26-2014 at 05:55 PM..

Old 03-26-2014, 11:32 PM

201 posts, read 264,849 times
^From what you described, it seems as if a united Austronesian nation would be impossible without a foreign (European) catalyst.

Quote:
The Chinese disliked the "Pribumi' or native of the land because of the past discrimination they're facing
Don't they dominate the Indonesian economy though?

Quote:
h and the hundreds of the tribes of Papua apparently don't live that peacefully too, i didn't know much about Papuans however.
Papua seems to be the most mysterious province of Indonesia since its natives are not very "Austronesian." I wonder how Papuans relate to the rest of Indonesia. I am especially curious about its history because I wonder why Papua and Papua New Guinea are separate entities and if the Papuans from these respective areas have a lot in common.

Old 03-26-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanjelman7 View Post
^From what you described, it seems as if a united Austronesian nation would be impossible without a foreign (European) catalyst.

Don't they dominate the Indonesian economy though?

Papua seems to be the most mysterious province of Indonesia since its natives are not very "Austronesian." I wonder how Papuans relate to the rest of Indonesia. I am especially curious about its history because I wonder why Papua and Papua New Guinea are separate entities and if the Papuans from these respective areas have a lot in common.
Even the name Indonesia is derived from Nederlandsch Indie, if it wasnt for colonialism all these kingdoms wouldn't have decided to fought as one unified nation.

Many Chinese are rich and control large part of the economy, but to say they dominate it probably no since the native locals also are getting very rich these day.

Indonesian Papua are colony of the Dutch, while Papua New Guinea are British colony. Back then they were given a chance to either join Indonesia, join Papua New Guinea or create a new nation and they decided to be part of Indonesia. Well Papuans are Indonesian that is why i said before that "Pribumi" doesn't mean "Austronesians", some ethnic group of Indonesia (mainly in Ambon and Nusa Tenggara Islands) are formed by the mix marriage of Papuans and Austronesians , forming their own group too but still they're Indonesians or in some cases they're East Timorese.

Last edited by Goshio22; 03-26-2014 at 11:55 PM..

Old 03-27-2014, 10:15 PM

4,509 posts, read 3,092,720 times
What happened to the Mahaphit? Why did they fall apart? They so powerful. Wonder if things would be more harmonious if the mahaphit survived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia