U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-02-2014, 02:59 AM
 
3,123 posts, read 2,703,566 times
Reputation: 1713

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Why change my words? I said "one of the richest".
So what did she tell you? Ask her which provinces are the richest.

Even if you ask if Guangdong is the richest, many people in China will say yes. (though it is not an accurate answer.)

I am not from Guangdong either.
It isn't one of the richest, it's slightly above average.

She thought Tianjin was richest in China. She is from Tianjin so she knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-02-2014, 03:31 AM
 
6,726 posts, read 6,607,688 times
Reputation: 2386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
It isn't one of the richest, it's slightly above average.

She thought Tianjin was richest in China. She is from Tianjin so she knows.
OMG I'm 100% sure you lied.
No one in China considers Tianjin the richest, though the GDP per capita data is on the top in recent several years. The reason is Tianjin is building a lot of infrastructures and expanding fast. Everyone in China knows GDP data is nonsense anyway.

Guangdong is only "slightly above average"? Where did you get the information? Some wikipedia article?

Stop arguing with me, a native Chinese. You have no knowledge at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 03:41 AM
 
6,726 posts, read 6,607,688 times
Reputation: 2386
Average Monthly Salary in 2012 (yuan):
2012
(Hong Kong 23000)
Shenzhen 6200
Shanghai 5800
Beijing 5600
Guangzhou 5200
Suzhou 4650
Tianjin 3400
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 04:30 AM
 
3,123 posts, read 2,703,566 times
Reputation: 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
OMG I'm 100% sure you lied.
No one in China considers Tianjin the richest, though the GDP per capita data is on the top in recent several years. The reason is Tianjin is building a lot of infrastructures and expanding fast. Everyone in China knows GDP data is nonsense anyway.

Guangdong is only "slightly above average"? Where did you get the information? Some wikipedia article?

Stop arguing with me, a native Chinese. You have no knowledge at all.
You have already proved to everyone you lack knowledge and just got a big mouth. What makes you think you know China just because you are born there.

Over to the income you mentioned. Tianjin may have lower salary, but they also have a lower cost of living than Beijing and shanghai. And we should look at median salary. How does it help the average person that more billionaires live in Beijing and Shanghai? Also as I said Shenzen is the richest city in China. Guangdong however is much poorer.

To be fair she thought shanghai and Beijing was the richest province before she met me, but she certainly did not think Guangdong was the richest or among the richest.

And sorry I trust Wikipedia a lot more than your big mouth. If you are so right why not change the Wikipedia article? Wikipedia clearly state Guangdong is only slightly above average.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 11:11 AM
 
6,726 posts, read 6,607,688 times
Reputation: 2386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
You have already proved to everyone you lack knowledge and just got a big mouth. What makes you think you know China just because you are born there.

Over to the income you mentioned. Tianjin may have lower salary, but they also have a lower cost of living than Beijing and shanghai. And we should look at median salary. How does it help the average person that more billionaires live in Beijing and Shanghai? Also as I said Shenzen is the richest city in China. Guangdong however is much poorer.

To be fair she thought shanghai and Beijing was the richest province before she met me, but she certainly did not think Guangdong was the richest or among the richest.

And sorry I trust Wikipedia a lot more than your big mouth. If you are so right why not change the Wikipedia article? Wikipedia clearly state Guangdong is only slightly above average.

If you don't know something, admit it. Don't argue with someone who knows much better. It only makes you look bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 PM
 
3,123 posts, read 2,703,566 times
Reputation: 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
If you don't know something, admit it. Don't argue with someone who knows much better. It only makes you look bad.
Again proving you just got a big mouth and zero arguments. People who are right do not need to tell everyone else that they are right. You are no expert, you are an amateur claiming to be an expert.

I still see no reason why I should believe your word instead of Wikipedia. And if Wikipedia is right then you are wrong. If Wikipedia is wrong you can change it, why don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2014, 12:55 AM
 
6,726 posts, read 6,607,688 times
Reputation: 2386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Again proving you just got a big mouth and zero arguments. People who are right do not need to tell everyone else that they are right. You are no expert, you are an amateur claiming to be an expert.

I still see no reason why I should believe your word instead of Wikipedia. And if Wikipedia is right then you are wrong. If Wikipedia is wrong you can change it, why don't you?
Even wikipedia never says the things you claimed. You are good at making up things. You even made a story that some Chinese told you Tianjin it the richest. Do you know it sounds extremely absurd?

Another person in the thread also told you the truth, but you still keep claiming nonsense.

OK you just go tell people Tianjin is the richest in China and Guangdong is only slightly above average.... Be prepared for people's reaction. I am not interested in this topic any more, whatever.

Last edited by Bettafish; 03-03-2014 at 01:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2014, 05:36 AM
 
3,123 posts, read 2,703,566 times
Reputation: 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Even wikipedia never says the things you claimed. You are good at making up things. You even made a story that some Chinese told you Tianjin it the richest. Do you know it sounds extremely absurd?

Another person in the thread also told you the truth, but you still keep claiming nonsense.

OK you just go tell people Tianjin is the richest in China and Guangdong is only slightly above average.... Be prepared for people's reaction. I am not interested in this topic any more, whatever.
So the numbers Wikipedia wrote is a lie 12000 is slightly above average (9000). Tianjin has a gdp per capita of 22000. Still in your head you consider Guangdong richer than Tianjin.

And your attack that I made her up is totally childish and shows again you just got a big mouth, but zero credibility.

Notice despite your lack of knowledge I have not accused you for not being from China. Because I am not that childish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2014, 09:13 AM
 
6,726 posts, read 6,607,688 times
Reputation: 2386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
So the numbers Wikipedia wrote is a lie 12000 is slightly above average (9000). Tianjin has a gdp per capita of 22000. Still in your head you consider Guangdong richer than Tianjin.

And your attack that I made her up is totally childish and shows again you just got a big mouth, but zero credibility.

Notice despite your lack of knowledge I have not accused you for not being from China. Because I am not that childish
I told you many times Tianjin is a city and should not be compared to a province such as Guangdong in terms of GDP per capita, because Tianjin has very few rural population. You keep twisting my words. Another way of lying.

Why can't you fathom the simple concept that Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin are not provinces? In China the word province means province. They are only politically equal to a province, but it makes no sense to compare them with provinces in terms of per capita data. My original post says "[Guangdong is] one of the richest provinces". You understand it now? I hope so.

Again, you have zero knowledge about China and make up stories (which is very obvious).

Last edited by Bettafish; 03-03-2014 at 09:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 AM
 
3,123 posts, read 2,703,566 times
Reputation: 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I told you many times Tianjin is a city and should not be compared to a province such as Guangdong in terms of GDP per capita, because Tianjin has very few rural population. You keep twisting my words. Another way of lying.

Why can't you fathom the simple concept that Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjin are not provinces? In China the word province means province. They are only politically equal to a province, but it makes no sense to compare them with provinces in terms of per capita data. My original post says "[Guangdong is] one of the richest provinces". You understand it now? I hope so.

Again, you have zero knowledge about China and make up stories (which is very obvious).
Sorry but I follow official definitions, not your made up definitions depending on what you think is comparable.

Secondly as pointed out before Jiangsu not Guangdong is the richest lower level province in China. And there is 3 other non city provinces who beat Guangdong as well. So even if we follow your definition you are still wrong.

Thirdly you claimed Guangdong is not slightly above average. I proved you wrong and you did not respond. Why should I take your word as gospel when you don't even know simple facts?

And I'm not interested in your childish attacks that I made her up. It really shows desperation when you start claiming people make up stories. The person I mentioned was my fiance (officially wife) , and I'm in China right now, do you still think I made her up?

Last edited by Camlon; 03-03-2014 at 10:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top