U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 02:32 AM

6,726 posts, read 6,609,353 times

Advertisements

Turks are a fighting nation. They never cease to fight.
They originated from the harsh environment of central Asia, and were sandwiched between China, Europe, and Persia. They were quite successful in the west and seized land from Greeks , but were slaughtered by Mongols in the east.
China has really been very soft and civilized to them for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 12:05 PM

4,690 posts, read 3,616,660 times
It also amazes me when Turkey complains about the "harsh treatment" of Uyghurs by China, when they did such a "fine job" with their own minority the Amenians.....

Old 03-04-2014, 12:15 PM

399 posts, read 580,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Daisy View Post
I cannot understand why these people are so cruel to conduct this supreme act of inhumanity, and they stabbed everyone they meet no matter who it was. The kids and old people could not escape this violence. In my opinion, no matter how much inequity and hatred you suffer, you cannot put a whole nation or the innocent people as revenge target.
Evil. These are evil people. A good person could not do this.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:35 PM

42 posts, read 50,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post

Chinese policy of allowing autonomy is absolutely wrong. The Uyghurs should be forced out of Xinjiang and forced to settled either in the east, or given a one way ticket back to Turkey.
"Back to Turkey", ummm, lady, Xinjiang is Uyghurs' homeland, Chinese are the newcomers there.

I am against any type of violence, and this terrorist attack against innocent people is really sad.

That said, this shouldn't give anyone the right to make hateful statements against an ethnic group or a religion, especially since you don't even know half the truth.

Have you ever talked with an Uyghur? If you did, you'd learn about systematic torture, oppression and genocidal attack against an ancient culture.

By all means, condemn this terrorist attack, but don't forget that ordinary Uyghurs are living under state terrorism for all of their lives. Unfortunately, this type of environment breeds radicalism. If anything, the relative infrequency of cases such as this is a testament to the peaceful nature of most of the Uyghur population.

Old 03-04-2014, 03:07 PM

15,734 posts, read 9,255,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
How are these two related? Pakistan is a terrorism nation, according to whom, the morally superior western countries?

By your definition, the US is a state sponsor of terrorism too, since it is well known that the US government sponsored both Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein in the past, so I guess it really asked for 911? Wasn't the US supportive of Muammar Gaddafi as well?

Who is being incredibly shamelessly hypocritical here? As long as it suits Washington's political agenda, terrorism, dictatorship, authoritarianism, lack of democracy and human rights, it doesn't matter; once the regime doesn't listen to the US, a bunch of hypocrites immediately stamp them with all sorts of labels and stick to them and employ all the power media outlets to keep brainwashing people around the world, as if the US is somehow superior and really care about the people in those countries. It is sickening, and I thought Americans believe in God and being good Christians!

In reality, the threat and damage caused by the US alone to the world is unmatched by North Korea, Iran, Iraq and Pakistan combined.
When we imprison and starve to death millions of our citizens, and kill or imprison relatives of those that oppose the government, then we can talk.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:53 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,268,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
When we imprison and starve to death millions of our citizens, and kill or imprison relatives of those that oppose the government, then we can talk.
you simply do it to people in other countries. Starve to death? for Christ's sake, are you talking about the 60s?? If we do that, you should talk about how black people were treated at that time?

and don't forget guantanama bay.
Don't pretend for a second the US is some kind of benevolent country...

Old 03-04-2014, 05:57 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,268,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinfali View Post
"you'd learn about systematic torture, oppression and genocidal attack against an ancient culture.
do you happen to be a CNN reporter? sounds awfully familiar.
Oh, must be generations of repetition and brainwashing great work.

genocidal attack against an ancient culture, wow! at least there are millions of Uyghurs in xinjiang. The real genocide is Americans to the local Indians, remember?

People do have short memories. Before the blood is even dry on their hands, they start to be all gentleman like and even begin to preach!

Guess shame is not even in the dictionary.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:36 PM

9,779 posts, read 13,361,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
do you happen to be a CNN reporter? sounds awfully familiar.
Oh, must be generations of repetition and brainwashing great work.

genocidal attack against an ancient culture, wow! at least there are millions of Uyghurs in xinjiang. The real genocide is Americans to the local Indians, remember?

People do have short memories. Before the blood is even dry on their hands, they start to be all gentleman like and even begin to preach!

Guess shame is not even in the dictionary.
Except that the blood is dry... How many generations has the active oppression of Indians been through with? How many Americans actually had a hand in Iraq or Guantanamo? This attitude that all people of a nation and their descendants are responsible for all time for all that nation's ills is absurd.

Trying to justify the oppression of a specific group with the fact that another group was previously oppressed by someone else is a very reactionary and childish thing, and it's interesting seeing it come from people who seem to be so concerned with proving that their ancestral culture is at the height of civilization and thought.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:45 PM

9,779 posts, read 13,361,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
"I've appreciated your insights in the past, though sometimes you skirt the line of blind nationalism, but this is just sick, I'm sorry."

Note my previous line, where I wonder why the Chinese even bother. My point, which obviously went well over your head, is to ignore the whining complaints of some Americans about "ethnic oppression" and simply follow American history. Is that too hard to understand? You do not have to agree, but you do see the irony of Americans complaining about Chinese oppression when the US benefited so much from the ethnic cleansing and genocidal removal of whole nations across the continent of North America, don't you?
No, sorry: nothing went over my head, the part that I bolded is exactly what I'm taking umbrage with.

I can see where you think there's irony, but I disagree with your assertion in that government-sponsored oppression of Indians ended some time ago, and the men and women behind it are long dead and buried. The Americans who are alive today had no say in it whatsoever, and American education generally includes a fairly heavy dosage of learning about all the evils that were perpetrated against the Native Americans. If we lived in a different reality and were presented with such a conundrum now, knowing what we know now, there is no way to say how it is that Americans would react.

If China is such an evolved and superior nation, as you are always so keen to point out, then why do you seem so hellbent on them making the same mistakes that the Americans did?

Old 03-05-2014, 04:39 AM

4,690 posts, read 3,616,660 times
"Back to Turkey", ummm, lady, Xinjiang is Uyghurs' homeland, Chinese are the newcomers there.

Absolutely bs. The Han dynasty had the whole region under its control, and then the ethnic Turks began filtering in through war and displacement at around 6th century. The Han Dynasty was first, and the Turks came after. Learn your history before you drink the Western media kool-aid.

But who cares, since the question of who came first never ever stopped the American Republic from removing and displacing their native populations like the Cherokees and the Sioux when they saw fit. So why should China even bother with this argument? China should really just shrug its shoulder and do what's good for its national interest. like the US, Russia have always done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or