U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 02:24 PM

32,079 posts, read 32,980,395 times

Advertisements

28 dead in Kunming rail station violence[1]|chinadaily.com.cn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 05:06 PM

4,687 posts, read 3,614,137 times
Uyghur Muslim terrorists....plain and simple. China needs to crack down hard on these Muslim separatists.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:14 PM

816 posts, read 1,555,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Uyghur Muslim terrorists....plain and simple. China needs to crack down hard on these Muslim separatists.
I didn't realize there were Uyghurs in Yunnan province. I thought they were only in Xinjiang.

Old 03-01-2014, 05:27 PM

1,866 posts, read 3,424,861 times
What a horrible tragedy

Old 03-01-2014, 07:37 PM

10,424 posts, read 12,419,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red4ce View Post
I didn't realize there were Uyghurs in Yunnan province. I thought they were only in Xinjiang.
"Members of a separatist group from Xinjiang, in northwest China, are believed to have carried out the assault"

-CNN

Old 03-02-2014, 05:30 PM

5,599 posts, read 2,906,513 times
I just don't see the Chinese government ever letting any province walk away regardless of how many people the separatists try to kill or how much trouble they cause. It's futile.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:47 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,244,676 times
If they're Uyghurs I wonder why this didn't happen in Urumqi.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:54 PM

947 posts, read 1,176,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
If they're Uyghurs I wonder why this didn't happen in Urumqi.
Likely security may have caught them if they had tried to plan it there.

If these guys had had guns the death toll would have been a lot lot higher. It takes a lot to knife someone to death unless you know what you are doing and that usually takes concentration not something done in a quick fashion like a mass stabbing. People can get stabbed sixty times and not die. There have been mass stabbings and no one died not even children. Mass shootings often every body shot winds up dead.

It takes a whole lot of mental effort to go from person to person stabbing them hence why someone going on a stabbing rampage tends to be extremely rare.

These guys had certainly built themselves up to a fanatic state of mind. There is going to be nasty crack downs as a result.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:58 PM

9,781 posts, read 16,244,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
Likely security may have caught them if they had tried to plan it there.

If these guys had had guns the death toll would have been a lot lot higher. It takes a lot to knife someone to death unless you know what you are doing and that usually takes concentration not something done in a quick fashion like a mass stabbing. People can get stabbed sixty times and not die. There have been mass stabbings and no one died not even children. Mass shootings often every body shot winds up dead.

It takes a whole lot of mental effort to go from person to person stabbing them hence why someone going on a stabbing rampage tends to be extremely rare.

These guys had certainly built themselves up to a fanatic state of mind. There is going to be nasty crack downs as a result.
Indeed...tragic, especially when civilians get caught up. Yeah there've been clashes in Urumqi and other parts of Xinjiang. I think the media often likes to portray it as a war between peoples, when it's largely the government/party calling the shots. I think the Uyghur are resentful of the Chinese just coming in and bulldozing away their history and heritage (literally) like they do throughout the country.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:32 PM

89 posts, read 141,860 times
I cannot understand why these people are so cruel to conduct this supreme act of inhumanity, and they stabbed everyone they meet no matter who it was. The kids and old people could not escape this violence. In my opinion, no matter how much inequity and hatred you suffer, you cannot put a whole nation or the innocent people as revenge target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or