U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:36 PM

12,703 posts, read 8,782,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
The plane was hijacked. We know that because the area the transponder stopped has been thoroughly searched and not so much as a fuel slick or floating cushion found, so it travelled further ...... but no one got a cell phone call out, as if guns were being held on them.
Of course it's all guess work, but if the plane was hijacked why haven't they found it? It's not like a 9/11 situation where they planned to fly into a building. If it was they would of waited until getting to Beijing to start the hijacking.
Also, what good is hijacking a plane just to have it go down in the water without anyone knowing your cause for the hijacking in the first place?
The pilots wouldn't just ditch the plane because it was being hijacked as well.

It's a frustrating case, but I'm sure in time they will figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 08:21 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,301 posts, read 12,231,047 times
Who knows what the hijackers were thinking? If there's one thing I've learned in my 53years, it's that most people are both stupid and irrational.

They know now that the plane DID make a turn and continue to fly, and that couldn't have happened by accident (according to pilots interviewed - there's no accidental circumstance that would cause the transponder to go off and and the plane make a sharp turn, and continue to fly for a good long time without getting any message off).

Old 03-13-2014, 08:54 PM

12,703 posts, read 8,782,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Who knows what the hijackers were thinking? If there's one thing I've learned in my 53years, it's that most people are both stupid and irrational.

They know now that the plane DID make a turn and continue to fly, and that couldn't have happened by accident (according to pilots interviewed - there's no accidental circumstance that would cause the transponder to go off and and the plane make a sharp turn, and continue to fly for a good long time without getting any message off).
I agree people can be stupid and irrational, but hijackers usually have a plan, and if their plan was to ditch the plane in the water without anyone knowing their cause, it's a pretty dumb plan.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:35 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,149,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Of course it's all guess work, but if the plane was hijacked why haven't they found it? It's not like a 9/11 situation where they planned to fly into a building. If it was they would of waited until getting to Beijing to start the hijacking.
Also, what good is hijacking a plane just to have it go down in the water without anyone knowing your cause for the hijacking in the first place?
The pilots wouldn't just ditch the plane because it was being hijacked as well.

It's a frustrating case, but I'm sure in time they will figure it out.
According to some conspiracy theories, this could lead to a war, since that important person is wanted by a certain country.

Old 03-13-2014, 09:44 PM

12,983 posts, read 12,873,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
According to some conspiracy theories, this could lead to a war, since that important person is wanted by a certain country.
What important person is wanted by what country? Who was on that plane that could have led to its disappearance?

Old 03-13-2014, 11:29 PM

3,020 posts, read 2,702,384 times
Speaking of conspiracy theories... the authorities seemed pretty confident that the stolen passports have nothing to do with this. When there seems to be no answers about anything right now, I don't think we can rule anything out at this point.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:49 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,301 posts, read 12,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I agree people can be stupid and irrational, but hijackers usually have a plan, and if their plan was to ditch the plane in the water without anyone knowing their cause, it's a pretty dumb plan.
We don't know for sure that it was ditched in the water, it could have landed.

As far as no one knowing their cause, that happens sometimes, for example no one took credit for 911 for quite a while. Also, their plan might have gone awry ...... maybe it went down from lack of fuel or some such after flying for a while.

Old 03-14-2014, 05:00 AM

32,135 posts, read 33,044,067 times
Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours

Old 03-14-2014, 07:46 AM

41 posts, read 41,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
The Malays are showing themselves incapable of coordinating anything sophisticated like this. I was thinking of taking a trip through Asia next fall, but now I wonder if I should just skip Malaysia completely. These people are completely incompetent.

Lots of Chinese are frustrated with the Malay authorities, as well they should.
Incapable? Even CIA FBI and INTERPOL and recently PENTAGON involved in this investigation. Are you gonna say they're incompetent as much as Malaysian do? and Chinas keep urging Malaysia without thinking rationally. Malaysia is trying hard to figure whats the problem and wheres the aircraft now, and Chinas keep blaming Malaysia, and what Chinas did was only to show some stupid pictures from satellites which makes more confusion. We Malaysian know that Chinas are frustated with this situation but we also tried hard. Please understand us. TQ.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:52 AM

41 posts, read 41,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Well the malaysian govt should know where its gone into, but they are very misleading and secretive about the information, wasting money and effort doing unnecessary to those who had offered to help (and yes my hard earned tax money). Like the time when the flight gone missing, first they say its at 1 pm before changing it into 2 pm. Typical unprofessional of how government handled a situation leading to many stupid conclusion and theories of conspiracy.

This thread is pretty funny, there's a guy who claimed to be an "inside source": #MH | Malaysia Airlines / MASWings - Page 198 - SkyscraperCity
Since when it was changed from 1pm to 2pm? Theres so much speculations from all over the world, and what they did was to insult Malaysia like madman. Oh please understand that we Malaysians didnt even want this incident to occur. If this happened to other country, are they capable to handle this great frustation? Nope. So please updated yourself with trusted news and think wise please. No offend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or