U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 08:26 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,669,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QisReine View Post
Incapable? Even CIA FBI and INTERPOL and recently PENTAGON involved in this investigation. Are you gonna say they're incompetent as much as Malaysian do? and Chinas keep urging Malaysia without thinking rationally. Malaysia is trying hard to figure whats the problem and wheres the aircraft now, and Chinas keep blaming Malaysia, and what Chinas did was only to show some stupid pictures from satellites which makes more confusion. We Malaysian know that Chinas are frustated with this situation but we also tried hard. Please understand us. TQ.
The plane is from Malaysia's flag carrier and it departed from Malaysia's primary airport and its last contact was in Malaysian territory. Of course Malaysia should know more about that plane compared to anyone else. As much as the CIA, FBI, Interpol and Pentagon are involved, how can you compare what they can do as all these happened in Malaysian territory?

Of course it is not the fault of all Malaysians. But the government of Malaysia does have to answer the lapses that had already been known to the world. Like how can people with stolen passports not be identified at immigration and be allowed to board a plane? Also, why does it seem that Malaysia is so unsure about the whereabouts of the plane when it apparently entered and flew over Malaysian territorial waters and land for maybe at least one hour after its transponder was shut off? I am not a flight expert, but I find it unbelievable that a plane can go through Malaysian air space for that long without it being positively identified, while at the same time, one of its planes did not report that it got to Vietnam.

Actually, I do understand that the priority is for information to sift through the layers, the priority of course is to find the plane and to share information with the various governments and aircraft equipment manufacturers to facilitate that. Also most important are to regularly update the family members of the victims. For security and other purposes, it does not matter that the press and hence the public will have the least amount and the last updates in the situation. However, the Malaysian authorities also dropped the ball at times in this incident. Vietnam and other countries deserve more information and support for the help in which they have offered and done. As just a member of the public, I cannot also help but ask, what is exactly going on and why does it seem that Malaysia is asking people for help in the wrong area when they themselves should have at least more initial information that the priority search area should be in the opposite side of their country? Of course they did not want this to happen. Nobody did. Even if they actually just want to withhold some information for security purposes, my only hope is that it is not a cover up of some incompetent mistake by some high-ranking person in Malaysia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 08:37 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,146,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
The plane is from Malaysia's flag carrier and it departed from Malaysia's primary airport and its last contact was in Malaysian territory. Of course Malaysia should know more about that plane compared to anyone else. As much as the CIA, FBI, Interpol and Pentagon are involved, how can you compare what they can do as all these happened in Malaysian territory?

Of course it is not the fault of all Malaysians. But the government of Malaysia does have to answer the lapses that had already been known to the world. Like how can people with stolen passports not be identified at immigration and be allowed to board a plane? Also, why does it seem that Malaysia is so unsure about the whereabouts of the plane when it apparently entered and flew over Malaysian territorial waters and land for maybe at least one hour after its transponder was shut off? I am not a flight expert, but I find it unbelievable that a plane can go through Malaysian air space for that long without it being positively identified, while at the same time, one of its planes did not report that it got to Vietnam.

Actually, I do understand that the priority is for information to sift through the layers, the priority of course is to find the plane and to share information with the various governments and aircraft equipment manufacturers to facilitate that. Also most important are to regularly update the family members of the victims. For security and other purposes, it does not matter that the press and hence the public will have the least amount and the last updates in the situation. However, the Malaysian authorities also dropped the ball at times in this incident. Vietnam and other countries deserve more information and support for the help in which they have offered and done. As just a member of the public, I cannot also help but ask, what is exactly going on and why does it seem that Malaysia is asking people for help in the wrong area when they themselves should have at least more initial information that the priority search area should be in the opposite side of their country? Of course they did not want this to happen. Nobody did. Even if they actually just want to withhold some information for security purposes, my only hope is that it is not a cover up of some incompetent mistake by some high-ranking person in Malaysia.
It seems that airport security in Malaysia is not that thight, being an Indonesian citizen who travelled a lot and numberous of times faced hassle at the local airport, though this might be because Indonesia who had risk of terrorism having their security tightened much more regionally. Once i was in LCCT in KL at midnight with no luggage check at all and the security seems to be not bothered so much about people passing through the airport, not sure about KLIA but its nothing challenging to bring liquids into the flight.. large number of drug smuggler who were caught at airport in Indonesia also had transit in KL.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:38 PM

84 posts, read 89,086 times
Quote:

Yes. This is how I feel too, but so much more diplomatically worded.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:11 AM

43,012 posts, read 92,305,408 times
They're saying it's official that the plane was hijacked.

It was last seen heading into the Indian Ocean.

CNN Exclusive: Analysis shows Flight 370 crashed in Indian Ocean - CNN.com

I'm thinking it's no coincidence that Pakistan is within the 5 hour diameter. Then again, it could have landed on a remote island and refueled and it could be anywhere in the middle east by now.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:58 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,301 posts, read 12,217,259 times
Hopes, I think that middle east area is too heavily militarized with radar etc for a 777 to sneak through.

At this time, I'm guessing that someone who didn't know how to fly it, went into the Indian Ocean by mistake and then ran out of fuel. The abrupt changes in altitude suggest either a struggle in the cockpit, or someone trying to learn how to fly the plane.

Another possibility is that one of the pilots incapacitated the other in hopes of doing an AA (Allahu Akbar!) and then diving directly into the ocean ...... but found that killing himself wasn't that easy (it's not, for most people) and started meandering until the plane ran out of fuel and made the decision for him.

Old 03-15-2014, 04:36 AM

32,079 posts, read 32,980,395 times
Opinion: Did someone take over Malaysia Airlines Flight 370? - CNN.com
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370: More sinister theories, still no answers - CBS News

Old 03-15-2014, 06:17 AM

41 posts, read 41,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
It seems that airport security in Malaysia is not that tight, being an Indonesian citizen who travelled a lot and numerous of times faced hassle at the local airport, though this might be because Indonesia who had risk of terrorism having their security tightened much more regionally. Once i was in LCCT in KL at midnight with no luggage check at all and the security seems to be not bothered so much about people passing through the airport, not sure about KLIA but its nothing challenging to bring liquids into the flight.. large number of drug smuggler who were caught at airport in Indonesia also had transit in KL.
So you're Indonesian. Perhaps you're aware that there were 7 of Indonesian in the plane, not 5. Thanks.

KLIA security is of international standard. Do you know much about your country's airlines that much? Perhaps you should've know that most of drug dealer here came from Indonesia. and oh how could they flight from Indonesia? Hmmmm no comment.

So keep criticising, maybe thats will help yourself

Old 03-15-2014, 06:45 AM

Quote:

Malaysian territory? There was beeping light which they think was the plane on radar. The contact was lost over The Gulf of Thailand. and it should be that Vietnam aware of the plane after it was estimated to enter their region but didnt seen on radar, but they did as how MAS did, thinking that it was a slight problem. It was realized later, and truly not seven hours as what rumors goes around. Maybe you didnt get much deeper info concerning this.

Malaysian gov are updating. Why not? But whats weird is that the Chinas keep saying there was no update for them, maybe they dont understand English or what? Thats the curiosity. because most of them says they get the information plainly and understand that we're trying hard. Cover up? We did as how the regulations and rules, as we have to pass more international guidelines, and also interruptions speculations rumors from outsiders had slowed the process. and yeah cover-up high ranking person is nonsense. Cover--up whom? most of passengers are Chinese. Are you saying it was planned to cover-up chinese act or what?

maybe its just Malaysia's bad luck to be blamed for what happened. TQ

Old 03-15-2014, 06:51 AM

A Malaysian government official said investigators have concluded that one of the pilots or someone else with flying experience hijacked the missing Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370.

The Associated Press quoted the unnamed official who is involved in the investigation as saying that the hijacking was no longer a theory.

“It is conclusive,” he said.

AFP meanwhile quoted a senior Malaysian military official as saying that investigators believed the jet had been commandeered by a "skilled, competent" flyer who piloted the jet for hours.

"It has to be a skilled, competent and a current pilot," the official said.

"He knew how to avoid the civilian radar. He appears to have studied how to avoid it."

However, British daily The Telegraph reported that director-general of the Department of Civil Aviation, Datuk Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, has denied the plane was hijacked.

"It is not conclusive. I'm heading the investigation and nobody is saying that. It's not true. We are looking at the possibility, we're looking at all possibilities. We're doing every profile of the passengers and crew but there is no firm evidence or leads so far," he told the Telegraph.

The startling new development comes after a week of a massive search and rescue operation for the plane, which was carrying 239 people when it left Kuala Lumpur International Airport for a flight to Beijing.

Meanwhile, Bloomberg reported that the missing airliner has been traced to the Indian Ocean off Australia, citing a person familiar with the analysis.

The report said a path from Malaysia to the ocean off Australia would have taken as much as 3,000 miles – the maximum distance MH370 could have flown with its fuel load.

Bloomberg also reports that investigators have found that someone in the cockpit of MH370 programmed the plane to turn away from its original path to Beijing, citing another person from the US government who is familiar with the investigation.

The report quoted spokesman for Australia's Civil Aviation Safety Authority, Peter Gibson, as saying he was not aware of the new information putting MH370 near Perth. However, he added that the Australian Maritime Safety Authority would have jurisdiction of the search if the information were true.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak is expected to address a press conference on this latest development at 1.30pm. Reporters as well as anxious family members and relatives of passengers are waiting at The Everly Putrajaya hotel. – March 15, 2014.

Credited to: Malaysian Insider

Old 03-15-2014, 07:47 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,146,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QisReine View Post
So you're Indonesian. Perhaps you're aware that there were 7 of Indonesian in the plane, not 5. Thanks.

KLIA security is of international standard. Do you know much about your country's airlines that much? Perhaps you should've know that most of drug dealer here came from Indonesia. and oh how could they flight from Indonesia? Hmmmm no comment.

So keep criticising, maybe thats will help yourself
If i can bring liquid without a challenge to a flight through KLIA, that means it needs to improve itself, if it cant learn from critictism then i cant say anything. Most of the drug dealer from Iran\pakistan etc managed to easily pass through and caught in Indonesia, also the ratio of drugs smuggling caught through airport from Malaysia to Indonesia is much higher.

I mean seriously a middle eastern with obvious fake passport came through easily? that means something doesn't it?, and i wasnt joking about coming through lcct without luggage check.

Perhaps you should also know better of Indonesians airport security standard, when you are talking about 'international standard' any of my Malaysian friends agreed that the standard in here is higher.

Last edited by Goshio22; 03-15-2014 at 08:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or