U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-15-2014, 12:08 AM
 
Location: Guangzhou, China
9,779 posts, read 13,353,482 times
Reputation: 11309

Advertisements

Eh.

When people talk about how Japanese or Chinese or Thai or Filipina or whatever ethnicity of Asian women "love _______ men," it's a misnomer.

I'd be willing to bet that at the end of the day, most Japanese women would probably prefer to date or marry a Japanese man, if nothing else because of the cultural familiarity. That's how it is in China: most Chinese women, even if they can look at a foreigner and think he's attractive, would likely still prefer to be with a Chinese dude because there would be no language barrier, they're from the same culture so they have the same expectations from a relationship, etc.

You can certainly come away from Japan or China, as a foreigner, thinking that women from that country "love" foreigners because every time I go to an expat bar or club, I make eyes with a Chinese girl who then starts speaking English to me and asks me where I'm from, how long I've been here, etc. If I'm out on the street, once in awhile, a girl or woman will come up and sheepishly greet me in English and say, "how are you?" "do you live in Guangzhou?" or something like that; basically, the ones who are interested are more likely to seek you out, because here in Asia, being non-Asian is exotic. Women stare at me everywhere I go, but truth be told, often that's not because they think I'm attractive and are imagining having my babies, it's because I'm the odd one out in terms of appearance.

A lot of people, Chinese and foreign, will say that "Chinese women won't date black men," and yet, my black friends here all have girlfriends and you see African or African American men here who are married and have children with Chinese women. Would most Chinese women be open to dating a black dude? Probably not, but the ones who are would have little problem finding one here in Guangzhou; most Chinese women aren't really open to being with a white guy, but I'm holding it down okay. Same with Middle Easterners, Latinos, and South Asians: most people will tell you that Chinese women aren't into them, and yet you'll see them with Chinese women here when you go into expat-heavy areas.

 
Old 03-15-2014, 12:22 AM
 
Location: West Jakarta + Tangerang
376 posts, read 742,812 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Eh.



I'd be willing to bet that at the end of the day, most Japanese women would probably prefer to date or marry a Japanese man, if nothing else because of the cultural familiarity. That's how it is in China: most Chinese women, even if they can look at a foreigner and think he's attractive, would likely still prefer to be with a Chinese dude because there would be no language barrier, they're from the same culture so they have the same expectations from a relationship, etc.

You can certainly come away from Japan or China, as a foreigner, thinking that women from that country "love" foreigners because every time I go to an expat bar or club, I make eyes with a Chinese girl who then starts speaking English to me and asks me where I'm from, how long I've been here, etc. If I'm out on the street, once in awhile, a girl or woman will come up and sheepishly greet me in English and say, "how are you?" "do you live in Guangzhou?" or something like that; basically, the ones who are interested are more likely to seek you out, because here in Asia, being non-Asian is exotic. Women stare at me everywhere I go, but truth be told, often that's not because they think I'm attractive and are imagining having my babies, it's because I'm the odd one out in terms of appearance.
.
Agree with you, women Japanese, Korean, Chinese etc. many choose men of their own country, the same as in Indonesia in particular parts like women Javanese, Sundanese,tionghoan etc. almost all of them choose men from each they ethnic, but some do not.
Filipinas is more open to foreign men ..
 
Old 03-15-2014, 03:09 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,238,353 times
Reputation: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Eh.

When people talk about how Japanese or Chinese or Thai or Filipina or whatever ethnicity of Asian women "love _______ men," it's a misnomer.

I'd be willing to bet that at the end of the day, most Japanese women would probably prefer to date or marry a Japanese man, if nothing else because of the cultural familiarity. That's how it is in China: most Chinese women, even if they can look at a foreigner and think he's attractive, would likely still prefer to be with a Chinese dude because there would be no language barrier, they're from the same culture so they have the same expectations from a relationship, etc.

You can certainly come away from Japan or China, as a foreigner, thinking that women from that country "love" foreigners because every time I go to an expat bar or club, I make eyes with a Chinese girl who then starts speaking English to me and asks me where I'm from, how long I've been here, etc. If I'm out on the street, once in awhile, a girl or woman will come up and sheepishly greet me in English and say, "how are you?" "do you live in Guangzhou?" or something like that; basically, the ones who are interested are more likely to seek you out, because here in Asia, being non-Asian is exotic. Women stare at me everywhere I go, but truth be told, often that's not because they think I'm attractive and are imagining having my babies, it's because I'm the odd one out in terms of appearance.

A lot of people, Chinese and foreign, will say that "Chinese women won't date black men," and yet, my black friends here all have girlfriends and you see African or African American men here who are married and have children with Chinese women. Would most Chinese women be open to dating a black dude? Probably not, but the ones who are would have little problem finding one here in Guangzhou; most Chinese women aren't really open to being with a white guy, but I'm holding it down okay. Same with Middle Easterners, Latinos, and South Asians: most people will tell you that Chinese women aren't into them, and yet you'll see them with Chinese women here when you go into expat-heavy areas.
Yes that's true, and that's probably the same anywhere, even Russia. Unlike in Southeast Asia, there isn't any financial advantage to marrying a foreigner for Japanese or Korean women, but maybe for Chinese women. Either way, the idea that women there wholesale don't like their own men is not even worth responding to.
 
Old 03-15-2014, 01:43 PM
 
34 posts, read 99,070 times
Reputation: 27
Yeah I know many of them will stick to their own men. I am not like one of those guys claiming that i can "kill in Japan" or "why do Japanese women like _________ men like me?". Etc. The reason i mentioned japan was mostly for reasons that places like Bangladesh seem pretty poor full of mafia and crime not?? While China and Filipinas are 60-70% of them golddiggers and this seems to be the advantage of South Korea and Japan.

Like i said i am not looking for cheap sex for various reasons...like i am getting "older" - 27 now and I was born in europe where prostitution is legal + I am used to many good looking 'easy' thin eastern european and mediterean women - so I am not sure if women from other countries can compete with the easiness and looks of what i am used to seeing. Having said all that I live in the middle east now (uae, dubai) and the quality of women over here is pretty bad. I am talking about the worst type of russian women, snobby brits, golddigging filipinas and local girls who are really feminine but nothing too impressive in the face. I am planning to go back to europe and of course take a break some day to Asia. Just need to pick the right Asian country and understand the local girls better so I'll have some idea what to expect.
 
Old 03-15-2014, 02:52 PM
 
201 posts, read 264,931 times
Reputation: 69
I like how the thread title implies a distinction between Asian women and Japanese women.
 
Old 03-15-2014, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,238,353 times
Reputation: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by baccardi123 View Post
Yeah I know many of them will stick to their own men. I am not like one of those guys claiming that i can "kill in Japan" or "why do Japanese women like _________ men like me?". Etc. The reason i mentioned japan was mostly for reasons that places like Bangladesh seem pretty poor full of mafia and crime not?? While China and Filipinas are 60-70% of them golddiggers and this seems to be the advantage of South Korea and Japan.

Like i said i am not looking for cheap sex for various reasons...like i am getting "older" - 27 now and I was born in europe where prostitution is legal + I am used to many good looking 'easy' thin eastern european and mediterean women - so I am not sure if women from other countries can compete with the easiness and looks of what i am used to seeing. Having said all that I live in the middle east now (uae, dubai) and the quality of women over here is pretty bad. I am talking about the worst type of russian women, snobby brits, golddigging filipinas and local girls who are really feminine but nothing too impressive in the face. I am planning to go back to europe and of course take a break some day to Asia. Just need to pick the right Asian country and understand the local girls better so I'll have some idea what to expect.
Japanese women vary a lot, I have a friend who's dated quite a few and I've got to know some, two were really sweet and nice and I'm still fb friends with one of them. Some were not so nice. Despite people thinking Japan is so different they're still pretty much like women elsewhere...I think, though, unless you make an effort to learn the culture/language it might be easier to just find someone back in Europe.
 
Old 03-16-2014, 06:08 AM
 
7 posts, read 20,892 times
Reputation: 14
The truth is most asian women do not particular like American and black men.
Most women in Asia are shy with foreigners and afraid of black men. Most are not very used to communicating with foreigners. Black people are generally viewed negatively. Americans will always be liked by some and disliked by some others. There are always some anti-American people in every country.

Those women in Asia who like foreign men very much are not the majority.
 
Old 03-16-2014, 06:21 AM
 
7 posts, read 20,892 times
Reputation: 14
Asian women know the pros and cons of white men and asian men. For black men, it is sadly viewed mostly as underdeveloped than Western world and Asia.

So suppose 100,000 foreigner men goto an asian country, there are 100,000,000 local women in that country, 100,000-200,000 local women date foreign men, most local women are still dating local men. Actually, most women in Asia do not have much encounters with foreigners in their daily life. Most don't actively seek foreigners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Eh.
I'd be willing to bet that at the end of the day, most Japanese women would probably prefer to date or marry a Japanese man, if nothing else because of the cultural familiarity. That's how it is in China: most Chinese women, even if they can look at a foreigner and think he's attractive, would likely still prefer to be with a Chinese dude because there would be no language barrier, they're from the same culture so they have the same expectations from a relationship, etc.

You can certainly come away from Japan or China, as a foreigner, thinking that women from that country "love" foreigners because every time I go to an expat bar or club, I make eyes with a Chinese girl who then starts speaking English to me and asks me where I'm from, how long I've been here, etc. If I'm out on the street, once in awhile, a girl or woman will come up and sheepishly greet me in English and say, "how are you?" "do you live in Guangzhou?" or something like that; basically, the ones who are interested are more likely to seek you out, because here in Asia, being non-Asian is exotic. Women stare at me everywhere I go, but truth be told, often that's not because they think I'm attractive and are imagining having my babies, it's because I'm the odd one out in terms of appearance.

A lot of people, Chinese and foreign, will say that "Chinese women won't date black men," and yet, my black friends here all have girlfriends and you see African or African American men here who are married and have children with Chinese women. Would most Chinese women be open to dating a black dude? Probably not, but the ones who are would have little problem finding one here in Guangzhou; most Chinese women aren't really open to being with a white guy, but I'm holding it down okay. Same with Middle Easterners, Latinos, and South Asians: most people will tell you that Chinese women aren't into them, and yet you'll see them with Chinese women here when you go into expat-heavy areas.
 
Old 03-16-2014, 06:46 AM
 
7 posts, read 20,892 times
Reputation: 14
Japanese women are all polite with foreigners. The ones that you thought were not nice were probably shy or not interested in making friends with foreigners. Some Japanese can still be racist toward whites in their mind with their politeness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Japanese women vary a lot, I have a friend who's dated quite a few and I've got to know some, two were really sweet and nice and I'm still fb friends with one of them. Some were not so nice. Despite people thinking Japan is so different they're still pretty much like women elsewhere...I think, though, unless you make an effort to learn the culture/language it might be easier to just find someone back in Europe.
 
Old 03-16-2014, 07:05 AM
 
Location: Melbourne, Australia
9,781 posts, read 16,238,353 times
Reputation: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoyouwant1 View Post
Japanese women are all polite with foreigners. The ones that you thought were not nice were probably shy or not interested in making friends with foreigners. Some Japanese can still be racist toward whites in their mind with their politeness.
No this was based on what my friend who dated Japanese girls told me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top